PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- We are on to the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember Ted Johnson literally jumping over the LOS to grab Emmitt Smith by the ankle back in that 1996 game @ Dallas. I cannot seem to find a clip of said play....been looking on YouTube, but don't have the time to go thru full game footage...those game footages do not even have the clock on the screen (TV didn't put all info on the screen in the 90's)...tried to sync it up with Pro-Football Reference's play by play...but seems a bit off.

Does anyone remember the exact down, distance, quarter, time, and etc...when that specific play happened? Or is my memory for ****? It was 25 years ago after all....

interesting bit of trivia... that may be of no use or interest to anyone but me

Patriots have played the cowpokes 13 times...

the cowpokes won the first 7 in a row
the Patriots have won the last 6 in a row...

I seem to remember Ted Johnson literally jumping over the LOS to grab Emmitt Smith by the ankle back in that 1996 game @ Dallas. I cannot seem to find a clip of said play....been looking on YouTube, but don't have the time to go thru full game footage...those game footages do not even have the clock on the screen (TV didn't put all info on the screen in the 90's)...tried to sync it up with Pro-Football Reference's play by play...but seems a bit off.

Does anyone remember the exact down, distance, quarter, time, and etc...when that specific play happened? Or is my memory for ****? It was 25 years ago after all....
What a LB group...
Ted Johnson
Tod Collins
Willie Mc Ginest
Tedy Bruschi
Chris Slade

I was not sure about this signing , I maybe unfair on the player but dont we need a CB rather than another swiss army knife

We are going to need to put up at least 28 points to have a shot at winning.

Harris needs to not fumble it when in the RedZone.

27-21 Cowboys winning it.

Hopefully the Pats pull it off

And the striped royal blue Flying Elvii uniforms.....loved those...

Probably 2nd best to Pat Patriot reds....a close call!
That 1996 team was so good
Pity and so sad we were unable to win it all...

Sean Davis... that’s random af lol typical bb.

Glad Shaq is back... mills?? Didn’t see mention of him.

while i expected this upon signing Tavai to PS . its a bit surprising at this point with Collins on board, Bentley returned with DB issues and Bryant playing over JoJu 2nd half. Hopefully means Mills should be good to go.

If NE continues to struggle scoring points/getting leads and the defense can't create 3rd & longs, Uche's pass rush opportunities will be minimal and his stats will underwhelm. The fortunes of the team and its players are interconnected.
-------------------------------------
And because you mentioned Duggar....
Yes, in the role he is meant for, run support & TE/RB coverage, Duggar has done well.
But when tasked to play beyond his role: covering WRs last week, he was exposed
No disagreement in any of this - would only emphasize that there were those in the hype train that envisioned a wider role for Uche because of the Bentley hatred and KVN disappointment. The statistics and outcomes, as you mention re: zone coverage/passing defense, don't support that yet.

Last edited:
while i expected this upon signing Tavai to PS . its a bit surprising at this point with Collins on board, Bentley returned with DB issues and Bryant playing over JoJu 2nd half. Hopefully means Mills should be good to go.

I certainly hope it means that Mills is good to go, because SloJuan ****ing Sucks; and who knows with Shaun Wade getting paid for doing nothing...

That's still No ****ing Reason to sign Jalopy Tavai to the 53 while we still have JaWrong Bentley & Harvey Lang-banger on it... What a ****ing Horrible waste of precious roster space right there...

We could get seriously embarrassed by the Cowboys. Our defense is a steaming pile of **** outside of Judon. That first half may have been the most disgraceful defensive performance I’ve seen from this team in some time considering who they were up against.
So the second half doesn’t count?

Another 'tweener with not enough long speed for Outside CB; nor twitch for Slot CB; nor tacklin' fuel for FS... Terrific.
Captain, do you remember if the Steelers reached for him in the 2nd round or was he projected to go that high?

Updated injury report:

Captain, do you remember if the Steelers reached for him in the 2nd round or was he projected to go that high?

Depends who you ask and what position you project, but a bit high. Some talk of CB coming out but better fit as STs and in the box defender than covering WRs.

Depends who you ask and what position you project, but a bit high. Some talk of CB coming out but better fit as STs and in the box defender than covering WRs.

After someone has been in the league for so long, rarely do they all of a sudden blossom. But a 6.64 3cone at over 6' tall will always catch the Patriots attention. Great athleticism - might be good on ST as a few of our guys are getting older.

I have no handle on this game. My head says Dallas is gonna kill the Pats. My heart says, well they held the GOAT & SB Champs to 19 and only lost by 2, but gave up 22 to a rookie QB who struggled in every game he played in prior to facing the Pats. So I have no clue.

Which Pats show up next week ?
Yes they held Brady and TB to 19 ….in the POURING rain!!!! This week only 20% chance of rain …..I think Dallas will have potential to score more points in these conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News