PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.

That’s big. We win this game if brissett continues to try to throw near the goaline

Cleveland coaching staff isn’t on Dan “hooked on phonics” Campbell level but they are close to banana brain territory

They are good enough to win the Super Bowl.
They look ALMOST as good as our 2019 team.... at THIS point of the season. ;)

Don't get me wrong I think the Bill ARE for real and have a great chance at a title this year, but its like 2 months too early to crown these guys in mid October...or anyone else for that matter. If we can't win it this year, then the Bills would be my #2 team to root for

Nah... Lazar seems like a genuinely nice guy, unlike the Tool, but there's now a conflict of interest whenever he uses adjectives to describe his fellow employees at the Pats... Nothing personal against him or anything, but that's just the way it is.
Field Yates is the best. I have been friends with him for many years, since our college days together. He’s genuinely a great guy. And he knows football. It’s a shame we couldn’t steal him away from ESPN

311721250_486480536763219_2347514143637427701_n.jpg
LOVE, Love, love, the Isaac Asimov reference. There is nothing this board needs more than literate fans and media.

After my 'Dugg TD' elation subsided, my next thought was.....I can see why Unc struggles covering WRs, he's not very fast.

Patrick Chung 2.0

All good
Now, just need a McCourty 2.0 in the pipeline soon and this secondary could have some long-term stability
He ran a 4.49 40. He's hardly slow. This isn't Myles Bryant we're talking about.

Field Yates is the best. I have been friends with him for many years, since our college days together. He’s genuinely a great guy. And he knows football. It’s a shame we couldn’t steal him away from ESPN
Would love to hear what he thinks of the current Pats situation - personnel moves, etc..

By the way, you got some serious street cred dropping that dime on us.

@patfanken Curran is saying that he doubts Bill is pressuring Mac to return. Is that a bad thing?
I'm kind of on the fence here. I'd love to see him come back this week. But on the other hand I've had several high ankle sprains over the years in both football and lacrosse. Not only do the effects linger longer than lower sprains. It is much harder to play through them. Lower ankle sprains always seemed to loosen up during practices and games, but high ankle sprains keep hurting from start to finish...until they heal.

God knows what they do these days to heal these players week to week. Ice baths, Hot steam, electrical stimulation, and a dozen different shots and creams, etc that they didn't have during my days. Basically all we were ever told was to "ice it" and "tape it" medicine was much simpler in the 60's, 70's, and early 80's when I was still active in contact sports. I was pretty much a golfer after that where injuries are hard to come by ;)

Last edited:

Nah he's not playing. Still looks like he's moving very gingerly on that ankle. He'd have to have a great leap forward on friday and Saturday for me to be happy he's playing. If he flies with the team, it will only be because make Cleveland prepare for Mac too.

Last edited:
Not sure how this conversation started, but seeing Mac crying like a baby two years in a row now is not a good look. That's not a franchise QB.
Yup, gotta love the rolling around on the ground kicking people look Tom is going with now.

Yup, gotta love the rolling around on the ground kicking people look Tom is going with now.
I'm definitely not a fan of that. I commented last weekend that Tom gets offended when someone sacks him.

Not sure how this conversation started, but seeing Mac crying like a baby two years in a row now is not a good look. That's not a franchise QB.
So we are saying Mac have a little drama queen in him so he exaggerated a bit. :rofl: The mere fact that he was trying to get back the following week is kind of interesting Hmmmmm.:rofl:
Jake Johnson Pain GIF by New Girl

This was yesterday but still...you might be right.

The Patriots did NOT change their mind on Gutierrez. He was released.

The Patriots did NOT release Vizcaino.

The Patriots signed Calvin Munson to the PS. (This transaction is NOT listed on the Patriots.com Website).

After my 'Dugg TD' elation subsided, my next thought was.....I can see why Unc struggles covering WRs, he's not very fast.

Patrick Chung 2.0

All good
Now, just need a McCourty 2.0 in the pipeline soon and this secondary could have some long-term stability

Imagine still using Captain’s unfunny sloppy seconds more than two years after the 2020 draft. A “like” or “agree” from Stone is a sure sign that your post is biased and/or inaccurate.

Also imagine being so ignorant about the differences in size and athletics abilities of Dugger and Chung. Dugger’s SPARQ score was in the 99th percentile for safeties in the 2020 draft. He is an ELITE athlete.

Dugger
B67547D5-CB3C-42C7-9BB8-3966C9275FF6.jpeg

Chung
78645B96-E205-4B6C-81CC-0706942A1500.jpeg

Who expected Dugger to consistently cover WRs? Also: If he ultimately is “just” a longer, more athletic Chung? Sign me up for that.

2 Rushing TDs on the season.

A 15 yard WR end around in the GB game and Lamar Jackson at the end of the game when the defense was just spent because offense just had turned it over for the 4th or 5th time. So they've technically not allowed a TD to a RB.

Clowney and ward out is huge. Offensively scheme to eliminate garrett. Defensively scheme to stop chubb/hunt. Its a good looking matchup barring a total stinker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back