PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prayers to Cyrus Jones - Open Heart Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Much good thoughts and prayers to Cyrus Jones today!

I know it didn't work out for him in NE, but he seemed like a really good kid who was just trying his best. I was struck by an article after his rookie season where he had confided to someone that he couldn't sleep for weeks after the season because he was so disappointed with his play. They are human being, folks.

Last edited:
Hope he heals quick!

Wow, so young. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Cyrus...

I loved him at Alabama. He was a good returner there. I have one of his autographed Alabama jerseys in my closet.

My prayers and good wishes to him and those around him.

FWIW, I had open heart surgery in 2015. It took me 6 weeks before I was allowed to ride in a car, and about 6 months to get back to my old self, being able to get around easy and such.

That whole 6-weeks rest and stay out of cars is to allow the sternum to knit itself back together.

Really? How about wishing the poor guy some good luck?

Sure. But that doesn’t really have much to do with this situation. Hopefully he makes it out of this okay. He’s a millennial, so he should be able to battle through it.

whether it was a wiff is irrelevant, have some class, save it for another thread and time.

Life is more important than football. He seems like an outstanding person and that’s more important than an outstanding football player.

Much good thoughts and prayers to Cyrus Jones today!

I know it didn't work out for him in NE, but he seemed like a really good kid who was just trying his best. I was struck by an article after his rookie season where he had confided to someone that he couldn't sleep for weeks after the season because he was so disappointed with his play. They are human being, folks.

Yikes. So reading a little bit looks like his heart muscle wasn't getting the bloodflow/oxygen it needed.

Hope he'll have a normal life. Sounds like his football career might be over though?

Anomalous Coronary Artery (ACA)

I grew up in Baltimore, Gilman is a great private school. Wish the kid all the best.

Oh damn...didn’t realize this was the surgery that was referenced in a headline. Thoughts, well wishes, prayers.

Wow, so young. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Cyrus...
Congenital. Had it since before he was born. Part of his birthright, in the hand he was dealt along with his athletic gifts he got this wildcard. Not dissimilar from Tedy, who had a congenital heart defect. Good thing for both of them is being in peak physical condition to go through the recovery process. Cyrus is fortunate that it was discovered and corrected before he had serious problems. Glad that it was an operable condition.

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery and that his quality of life will be 100%..

Sure. But that doesn’t really have much to do with this situation. Hopefully he makes it out of this okay. He’s a millennial, so he should be able to battle through it.

What does a Millennial have to do with anything?

What does a Millennial have to do with anything?
He’s young and strong... not old, decrepit, and weak like a Gen Xer or a Boomer. He should be able to make a quick recovery per his strong, young, millennial genes.

Wishing him all the best, always seemed like a high character guy while he was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back