PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Power Rankings"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don’t like the early dominance/hype either, but I feel like there’s less anxiety nowadays than in 2007 or really any year until they won #5. Every record has already been obliterated, and this has been gravy for the last three seasons. Just like any other year, it’s a game of attrition, quite a bit of injury luck, and is going to be really tough to win a SB. That said, what are they supposed to do? Play worse on purpose?

I mean we won last year and are 1-0 so it makes sense for us to be #1. Thankfully the team blocks this stuff out and knows it really doesn't matter what the media thinks.

No - not play worse. Not at all.
If they start hanging 50 on teams so be it.

In 07, there were mediots that said undefeated after one game....my heart can’t go through that again.

After two decades of unprecedented success we're REALLY stretching to find things to worry/complain about.

I am exploding with excitement with this loaded Offense.

I am exploding with more excitement to finally know we can consistently get off the field on 3rd down and Dominate on Defense

I'm waiting for the media to start complaining that the Pats and Belichick are running up the score.

Yeah I'm going to have fun with this. This team has delivered so many great moments in my family's life that I'm not worried about any jinks type crap.

19-0 is on the table of possibilities until it isn't.

Anyone have a power rankings list that doesn't make you go through 32 slides of all that bullshirt?

Last edited:
I am exploding with excitement with this loaded Offense.

I am exploding with more excitement to finally know we can consistently get off the field on 3rd down and Dominate on Defense
yeah this team is jacked

Yeah I'm going to have fun with this. This team has delivered so many great moments in my family's life that I'm not worried about any jinks type crap.

19-0 is on the table of possibilities until it isn't.
agree.. I let go of my "mute the sound" superstition Sunday night and they destroyed my most hated team anyway.

It's good news and bad tho..... I don't have to mute the TV anymore.. but I lost my supernatural ability to help us win from my couch.

Idk, with all the craziness the last week, "one game at a time, we're on to such and such," seems to have gone out the window. Now it's all about how no one can defeat the team, going to SB, excess confidence. It seems weird coming from "we're still here."

I'm going to take it one game at a time, even though things look really positive. There's just too much unpredictable sh^*t that can happen (injuries, suspensions, life). I'm definitely excited, just don't want to feel too confident.

Anyone have a power rankings list that doesn't make you go through 32 slides of all that bullshirt?

Manually change the last number of the URL

Players will take it one game at a time, and play as if any team could beat them.

Fans don't need to believe that the pats can beaten on any given Sunday. We can be real. Anything could happen. However, it would be the upset of the year if the best team in the NFL were to lose to the worst team in the NFL.

We might drop a game before BALT, but the loss would be a major upset.

Idk, with all the craziness the last week, "one game at a time, we're on to such and such," seems to have gone out the window. Now it's all about how no one can defeat the team, going to SB, excess confidence. It seems weird coming from "we're still here."

I'm going to take it one game at a time, even though things look really positive. There's just too much unpredictable sh^*t that can happen (injuries, suspensions, life). I'm definitely excited, just don't want to feel too confident.

NFL Week 2 power rankings: Who will take the Patriots down?

I DO NOT like this.

Too much hype.

Our team has a lot of work to do.

Yup. Jets don't like the hype either. It's exactly why we're down by the bottom.

tenor-19.gif

In 07, there were mediots that said undefeated after one game....my heart can’t go through that again.
I can't see us making it out of the Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, and Chiefs stretch without 1-2 loses. I'd say two in that stretch plus one other odd loss to go 13-3. That'd be enough, in theory, to get the #1 or #2.

Yup. Jets don't like the hype either. It's exactly why we're down by the bottom.

tenor-19.gif
You guys have been in a strategic Odin Sleep (TM) for a good, long while. When you finally awaken, you really will take us all by surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes