PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential WR trade candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxboroFlyer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So, upon hearing all the patriot - WR trade speculation over the past week lets throw some possibilities out there.

I'm gonna go with Maclin, Mike Williams (tb), Sidney Rice.

Anyone else have any potential candidates (besides fitz)?

Haven't heard any thing about him being on the block but perhaps KC WR Jonathan Baldwin.

Remember when BB advised TD to take Baldwin in the 20s instead of trading up for Julio Jones?

Haven't heard any thing about him being on the block but perhaps KC WR Jonathan Baldwin.

Remember when BB advised TD to take Baldwin in the 20s instead of trading up for Julio Jones?

Yeah, i'm a Baldwin fan, as well. Not sure KC is jumping ship on him, but that's the big target at WR we need.

Steve Smith (Carolina), Kenny Britt

Love both of those possibilities.

Maybe Tenn. could have some interest in some sort of Mallett, Smith trade.

Oops! Got my teams mixed up...disregard.

Tenn. Car....they're basically the same thing.

Cruz and Sanders come to mind.

Yeah, lets trade for Britt, the guy that has been involved in 9 (known) incidents involving police since joining the NFL in 2009.

honestly, there are not many teams going down the list that i look at that have WR's to spare...

which means i hope we bring back Lloyd and re-sign edelman (at least for TC comp.)

however, teams that may be willing to send a WR over are:

washington: maybe someone like S. Moss or Hankerson
(ive said this one before) SF: manningham
seattle: sidney rice or doug baldwin
maybe chicago: hester, bennett, jeffrey
vikings: jenkins or simpson
chiefs: breaston
SD: royal or meachem
titans: washington or kenny

thats a pretty exhaustive list of WR's that we could trade for i think, and in my personal opinion, id rather just draft one in most cases

also, looking at this list, i think the whole emanuel sanders play may not be such a bad idea

Cruz and Sanders come to mind.

I'm all in on Cruz, for a 1st opposed to a 3rd for Sanders.

Providing we can sign him to a cap feasible extension.

Is that possible?

Yeah, lets trade for Britt, the guy that has been involved in 9 (known) incidents involving police since joining the NFL in 2009.

Give the guy a break...he's a victim of society.

Seriously though has he actually been suspended already, for any of these offenses?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I'm just not aware of any league discipline.

Give the guy a break...he's a victim of society.

Seriously though has he actually been suspended already, for any of these offenses?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I'm just not aware of any league discipline.
One game, which isn't a big deal except that it makes him a repeat offender the next time.

Is that possible?

All we have to do is offer him more than the Giants can pay (or deem his value). They are tight and JPP and Nicks are due for some new contracts.

I would give up the 1st at this point. Gotta gamble when you are in "Win Now" mode. Give Tom a great target for the rest of his career.

Plus wouldnt it be great to fleece the Giants for Cruz since he is such a fan favorite and The Giants FO love him.

Comes down to $/cap room. We have 12 I think? Have vollmer and JE and some other needs.

Its possible they are looking into it. They would be stupid not to unless they dont want to give up the pic. How often are 1st round tendered RFA usually snagged away. I cant remember the last one.

It is always possible to sign a player to a second contract, as long as the current year's salary doesn't increase. BTW, Cruz might be had for less than a first. Of course that would take negotiation with the team and with Cruz.

Is that possible?

I'm not saying we should trade for him - just saying he's a possible target.

One game, which isn't a big deal except that it makes him a repeat offender the next time.

Sciz! Great to hear from you! I know we had our issues following the tavon pick, but i was drunk and frustrated. That was a very DARK day, for me.

I apologize for any unwarranted dialogue, and hope to move on.

Thanks for the Britt info.

You think he's a fit?

Cruz and Sanders are almost identical players. The difference is that Cruz was a #1 because Nicks was injured and Sanders was a #3.

Sanders is their guy. Already seen facility...they wined and dined him ect. They want him

Cruz and Sanders are almost identical players. The difference is that Cruz was a #1 because Nicks was injured and Sanders was a #3.

True. No telling what sanders could do here with lots of balls from TB with Ds having to mind the TEs.

However either they couldnt/cant get a deal done with Sanders or think they can do better (Jennings bid).

They have to gamble at this point. Give up pics and take a bigger hit for a proven guy VS trying to find the next Cruz which is what you are "supposed" to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down