PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Strategy (Sign the Beast XXIV-b: Adrian Peterson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, sir. We're dealing with a sociopath on par with the former TE who will not be named. Don't need that sideshow circus again.

On par?

AP whipped his child. As a parent myself, it disgusts me.

But its not murder.

Last edited:
Looking at it strictly from a football perspective and leaving the child abuse out of it completely I still would not pay big money for Peterson. He is going to be 30 years old in 2 days and I cannot think of many RBs who have been successful in their 30s.

I don't condone what he did...at all. But I have come to realize that this type of punishment is prevalent in the poor south. Many players came out saying this was par for the course growing up.

For me, it wasn't just the brutality but the texts in which he explained that the preschoolers brought it on themselves, he was sorry to have to draw blood but it was their own fault for not sitting still and accepting the beating. That's not "strict parenting" talk, that's pure classic abuser talk. He's a time bomb, IMO. I'd be shocked if he never hurts anyone again.

For me, it wasn't just the brutality but the texts in which he explained that the preschoolers brought it on themselves, he was sorry to have to draw blood but it was their own fault for not sitting still and accepting the beating. That's not "strict parenting" talk, that's pure classic abuser talk. He's a time bomb, IMO. I'd be shocked if he never hurts anyone again.

Yeah. As a parent he's lost two young children to tragic circumstances and yet he behaves this way. I just can't fathom it......

I honestly do not understand some people here. Today the Patriots has about 8 million in space on the payroll. I believe that money still increase considerably after the extensions of Vollmer, Gostkowski and salary reduction of Mayo.

We now have a need to RB ( 3rd down RB), but it is far from a necessity that can not be corrected by the draft. If we keep Ridley we have the same group of RB except for Vereen ( not AP role as a player).

Now I ask: what is the reason to pay an absurdly expensive player, where we have much greater needs in the defense?

Spend the money just because we have space? That's being smart?

Next year we will not have any extra money for extensions of Hightower and Jones? If Hightower repeat 2014 he will cost a lot more than 8 million annually to extend him. Or anyone here think he is worse than Brian Orakpo ??

Jones will command a 8 and 10 million paycheck. So pay expensive players in positions that we have already qualified group is not advisable IMO.

With a cap hit in 2015 of $15.4 million and a dead money hit of only $2.4 million if they cut him, I'm amazed that the Vikings haven't already released him. That's a $13 million cap savings. But, the Vikings are a perennial bad franchise, so maybe it's not surprising.

I guess they are holding out hope that somebody will be dumb enough to trade for his $12.75 million base salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes