PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread...The Pats are going to the Super Bowl!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to the great front 4 that would obliterate us?

Ngokoue didn’t register a stat and I can’t renember hearing his name and Campbell had 2 tackles.
Guess the stats that over half of their sacks cane against Houston and Indy was meaningful.

Don’t you feel stupid now? You called game over before the end of the first half in game thread.....Lol....gotta hang in there man.....

Yeah I do. I’ve felt stupid so many times in that thread that I usually avoid it. I’m happy to feel dumb though

Said it the whole way through the GDT. Gotta believe and until the end of the 4th Q until the clock hits 0:00 we have a chance.

Now onto Eagles. I can see BB really wanting to score points in the first Q, considering we’ve never score a point. Proud of this team as always.

#LFG

Or I'm simply acknowledging that the vast majority of players with concussions are cleared within two weeks. No need to be condescending over a pretty simple observation, obviously anyone who's watched professional sports in the last decades knows that it's technically possible a concussion could keep Gronk out much longer than two weeks. That is, however, very unlikely based on all precedent we've got.

No need to be condescending? You must be new here.

It's going to be a cosmopolitan crowd and if anyone is going to be booed it'll be us. You're deeply underestimating how much people hate us after closing in on 2 decades of sustained excellence.

oh thank god, i though i was on your ignore list and i was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, what did i do to you"

but it turns out im just stupid.

I still think some resourceful minny fans sneak in and have a boo the eagles section.

Did anyone else raise an eyebrow on the Marcedes Lewis TD? He let go of that ball awfully quickly. I don't want that to be called incomplete ever, but I just thought it was an odd choice to let it drop when you typically have to take the ball home and raise it as your own for the NFL to call it a catch.

What happened to the great front 4 that would obliterate us?

Ngokoue didn’t register a stat and I can’t renember hearing his name and Campbell had 2 tackles.
Guess the stats that over half of their sacks cane against Houston and Indy was meaningful.
I thought the front came as advertised and played a good ball game, with the exception of Ngokue, which may be to the credit of Solder. They tired out in the 2nd half when their offense stopped giving them any help whatsoever.

Their secondary got abused. Neither of their corners looked elite. I really enjoy those mouthy corners who back it up, but Ramsey fell short, and Brady had absolutely zero reservations about throwing to Bouye's side.

We should've kept Blount. He's not great, but he's good enough. We basically now have 3 pretty good passing backs and no traditional backs.

Blount would have been as inactive as Gillislee was through the season. His issue has always been pass protection and Gillislee was an upgrade on that specific part. The other three RBs bring more to the table than Blount of Gillislee so the entire thing was mostly a wash in terms of on field performance.

Did anyone else raise an eyebrow on the Marcedes Lewis TD? He let go of that ball awfully quickly. I don't want that to be called incomplete ever, but I just thought it was an odd choice to let it drop when you typically have to take the ball home and raise it as your own for the NFL to call it a catch.

I thought the front came as advertised and played a good ball game, with the exception of Ngokue, which may be to the credit of Solder. They tired out in the 2nd half when their offense stopped giving them any help whatsoever.

Their secondary got abused. Neither of their corners looked elite. I really enjoy those mouthy corners who back it up, but Ramsey fell short, and Brady had absolutely zero reservations about throwing to Bouye's side.
Really? What did they do to make you think that? Campbell was invisible ngokoue even moreso.
They got very little pressure and the only sacks were coverage sacks.
This was supposed to be a front 4 that could get pressure all day long and disrupt brady without blitzing. I didn’t see that at all.

It had NOTHING to do with "confidence" and EVERYTHING to do with not being arrogant and over-looking a team. It had everything to do with having actually watched the Jaguars play some games OTHER than the one in Pittsburgh and being intelligent enough to give them the respect they deserved. Something that far too many people on this board can't be bothered to do because of their f'in arrogance.

So, yes. I will tell loud-mouth arrogant people who were mouthing off like this was going to be a cake walk to sit down.

BTW, Tony, it wasn't going to be an easy with regardless of whether Gronk was in the game or not. If you think it was, then the level of respect I had for you just took a huge hit.

So you're raging against those who were overconfident?

The game unfolded pretty much how I thought it would and as I posted. The loss of Gronk for the second half was a huge factor and probably a 7+ point loss. I expected the Jags to come out on fire. I expected the third quarter to be the key quarter. I expected the Jags to run out of gas in the fourth. I told the Jag supporting house I was in "they're running out of gas.... Here we go".

One thing I was wrong about was Bortles. He played his ass off. BUT (and this is a huge but) when the Jags needed a "championship drive" from him he couldn't deliver. Twice.

It was a tougher game than I thought it would be.

It was fun watching it while those around me were melting down. "F'ing Brady" "Where's the pass rush?" "Great! Brady is f'ing throwing darts" "That's not Pass interference" hahahahaha "Can somebody hit Brady" "F'ing Amendola" hahahaha

It was like I was in a living Game day thread.

Down 10 in the 4th and I was completely calm and had complete confidence that they would come back and win. No fan should feel that. We are truly blessed with a once in a lifetime coach/qb combo.

Really? What did they do to make you think that? Campbell was invisible ngokoue even moreso.
They got very little pressure and the only sacks were coverage sacks.
This was supposed to be a front 4 that could get pressure all day long and disrupt brady without blitzing. I didn’t see that at all.

I'm going to guess that Campbell was circled as "the guy" we couldn't allow to have a good game, so his quiet performance is more excusable. He's blown us up in the past, and Belichick has a lot of respect for those hybrid types. Ngokoue caught my eye when people were reporting out of the joint practices in preseason that he was special, but I thought he was s0-so in the playoffs and certainly poor yesterday.

I thought the Jags front did well to set the tone and not allow Lewis to kill them with the runs and catches out of the backfield. They had us in third and long all game (or so it felt). They did get pressure, and they had Brady seeing ghosts a handful of times. The sacks were due to good initial coverage and one of the edges breaking down while Brady was waiting for a better option on third and long. The Jags couldn't get pressure up the middle.

The cliff note version might be. "Something kept our offense in check for three quarters, and it wasn't their corners, whose coverage techniques seemed to revolve around headlocks when the ball is in the air.

This is all from memory though. Maybe you're right and a re-watch might be in the cards for me.

Last edited:
It had NOTHING to do with "confidence" and EVERYTHING to do with not being arrogant and over-looking a team. It had everything to do with having actually watched the Jaguars play some games OTHER than the one in Pittsburgh and being intelligent enough to give them the respect they deserved. Something that far too many people on this board can't be bothered to do because of their f'in arrogance.

So, yes. I will tell loud-mouth arrogant people who were mouthing off like this was going to be a cake walk to sit down.

BTW, Tony, it wasn't going to be an easy with regardless of whether Gronk was in the game or not. If you think it was, then the level of respect I had for you just took a huge hit.

Arrogant? Pot/ kettle, dude.

The NFL decides if a guy can come back in the game right? Look at Newton in the saints game

Yes, the NFL neurologist is the one who decides of you can return.. But that doesn't mean that the Patriots released that information immediately.

Or I'm simply acknowledging that the vast majority of players with concussions are cleared within two weeks. No need to be condescending over a pretty simple observation, obviously anyone who's watched professional sports in the last decades knows that it's technically possible a concussion could keep Gronk out much longer than two weeks. That is, however, very unlikely based on all precedent we've got.

You have the factual data that shows that "the vast majority of players with concussions are cleared within two weeks"? Please share..

His contract hardly guaranteed him anything. Many people had him being cut if it weren't for the injuries to Edelman and Mitchell.

And they were all wrong about Amendola.

And they were all wrong about Amendola.

Were they? Are you clairvoyant and can see alternate realities? No one knows what would have happened if Edelman and Mitchell were both healthy to start the season.

3 SB's in 4 years again, with two more in between? Win or lose that's ridiculous great.

The Jags may not be back to this level again. That happens all the time to everyone but you know who.

Can Amendola's critics please put a lid on it... for good? The guy has been here for 5 years and has been as clutch as they come. He's also the king of the contract redo.

That was a fumble by Lewis but the Jag was down by contact. Lewis needed to regain full control and didn't.

Top seed vs top seed in the SB is how it should be. The Eagles are loaded and will be a very tough out.

Trick plays can work more than once. Knowing the Pats they probably have trick plays off of the trick plays. I can picture Ernie Adams (a man many Pats fans I talk to never heard of) working in his bunker as we sit here.

I've been a fan of the Pats since they began, and a fan of the NFL before that. There has never been a team this dominant for this long and probably never will be again. Enjoy.

2016 data- Is The NFL's Concussion Protocol Working?

"As such, please regard the following as an analysis of reported concussion rates in the NFL as represented to the public, not actual concussion rates in the NFL. That being said: 48 percent of players diagnosed with a concussion through Week 14 cleared the protocol in five days or less, meaning they didn't miss a single game. It took the median case five days to clear the protocol, which seems to follow the exact five-day pattern the NFL.com article outlined, which—maybe coincidentially, and maybe convieniently for the purposes of ongoing professional football employment—allows a player who was concussed in a game to play the following week."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe