PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread...The Pats are going to the Super Bowl!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think the offensive gameplan in the first half was specifically drawn up to manage how many under-center snaps Brady took. If it had panned out they would have gotten some more points out of it without risking further aggravation to the injury. So I'm not gonna give Josh too much grief about the playcalls that were upsetting people.

A lot of sour grapes here in New York when it comes to the pats after tonight. Easy division. Did you think the refs handed the game to the pats etc.

One interesting stat that hasn't been mentioned is that the Jags had no 3rd down conversions in the 4th quarter. A testament to the entire defense.

The jags where 5-8 on third down and finish 6-15. That means 1-7 after that.

Don’t you feel stupid now? You called game over before the end of the first half in game thread.....Lol....gotta hang in there man.....

I didn't make any online predictions but I gave the losing nod mid way through the 3rd quarter. I didn't think they were going to win. But it was great to be wrong.

Ben singing cat scratch fever

Got to switch to your goose is cooked ducky

Kelce? That was the Titans. Jaguars didn't play KC this year.
Yeah, I did a mind melt there, for some reason.

Barry said he felt bad and that he hoped that Gronk was okay. He then elaborated on what he was trying to accomplish: dislodge the ball. He mentioned that he tried not to hit his knees (which I appreciate, and I'm sure Gronk does too). I don't think it was a malicious play.

It was a targeted hit, and he went where he did deliberately. The replay made that clear. It was dirty under the current rules, and he'll get fined for it.

N1ACoWd.gif

Some quick hitters:

1. Tom seemed to be high on the short passes early on.
  2. Even if you didn't like the Dorsett trade before, now you have to love it, even if it's because of just one play.
  3. I don't know how he'll do it, but BB's going to have to get more speed at LB for next year.
  4. On a related note, Chung had better put on his Ertz-stoppin' shoes for the SB.
  5. I expect the offense will work on downfield blocking in the next two weeks.
  6. It's painful to say this, but: given the absence of Hightower and Branch being inactive, thank God for James Harrison.
  7. Cooks should have had that catch, but he also should have gotten the PI call on the throw where he was bracketed by the two defenders
  8. I thought Lewis regained possession, and the league must have thought it was close, because the call stood, and was not confirmed.
There are obviously plenty of other items to note, but that's good for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents