PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats vs Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacksonville is on the cusp of being an elite team. They think they deserve to go to the SB. They are a challenge, but we won’t see them for a long while. Last year we were chewed on by lesser teams early. We just have to get better. Defense has too many parts that have not jelled yet, and we are not talented enough on D to win with that alone.

Three Games to Edelman....who said this would be OK at WR?:rolleyes:

Patriots lost too many guys and did a horrible job replacing them. This receiving core is as bad as the 2006 season.

They didn't do a damn thing to improve the defense either. I literally don't know what's worse the defense or offense.

Anyone who is cap smart - what's the Patriot's version of going all in on Josh Gordon? If they were to really shell out for him?

With him on the team, the offense, especially when Edleman comes back, could possibly offset the defense.

Otherwise, I mean hell. I don't imagine how much Edleman will change the offense, he is great but good lord our receivers beyond him are absolutely awful.

Someone please correct me, I hope I'm just projecting my frustrating from the game right now.

That’s counting a lot on a guy coming back from acl. This team doesn’t have explosiveness. Struggled on 3rd down offensively.
Edelman brings a nastiness and attitude to the offense that we have sorely missed.

I can’t wait to get edelman back. Hogan got his two tds but one of them was in garbage time. The guy can’t get separation.

Total team loss . Offense, defense, coaching all were poor. No answers all day for bortles and the crossers. Jax is the better team right now and showed it. That said, its one game and plenty time to turn it around.

Big shoutout to Gilmore , van noy and white, the only guys to make plays and give us a chance. Too bad the rest didn’t bother.

Awful decision to punt on 4th and half a yard. The defense didnt play great, but they did finally make a few big stops and you are just asking too much at that point. As we all suspected it came back to haunt us and it did not take long.

We have Detroit, then miami and indy at Gillette. Good chance to be 4-1 heading into the kc game where hopefully we can get a good performance.

Good thing we play in the powder puff AFC Least.:rolleyes:

Ive seen enough of Patterson. Get that guy off the field. Or better yet, ship him out of town. Go with Hollister, bite the bullet, and make a trade for a good WR that gets consistent seperation.

Typical 1st month of the season game for the Pat's. I will expect massive fan overreactions.

Need to keep Flowers on the field and Edelman is absolutely needed.

Lost this game in the trenches and on the sideline. On to Detroit.

Soft ass defense. I knew they only looked good last game because Watson was rusty. Bortles didn't even fear being ****in hit when he rushed for first downs. Out there spinnin and ****. Not one time did he think, "Oh, ****. I better slide so I won't get hurt." Where's my bone crushin hits? Where's the aggressiveness that Jaguars were giving us all game on both sides of the field?

Don't even get me started on our receivers. We already knew they were trash. No one can argue this. I'll give Patterson props for getting a first on 2nd and 16, but that's about it, and maybe that had more to do with good blocking than his speed. It was all James White and Gronk today.

Jaguars are simply much more athletic. OL was abysmal most of the afternoon, they were hitting Brady left and right. This team is not a contender, defense is still nothing to write home about, too many good offensive pieces are lost and I somehow suspect Dorsett and Patterson will be able to replace them.

Jaguars are simply much more athletic. OL was abysmal most of the afternoon, they were hitting Brady left and right. This team is not a contender, defense is still nothing to write home about, too many good offensive pieces are lost and I somehow suspect Dorsett and Patterson will be able to replace them.

Was about to agree theb you wrote that this team is not a contender. They will figure it out and end ul in the playoffs. Everything until then is foreplay.

Probably get roasted but I thought the team played through the adversity as well as they could. Pass rush went bye bye as soon as Flowers left, extreme temperature, away on the road with starving fans, an excellent defense.

Wasn’t perfect but they tried to claw their way back into it and I can accept that in defeat from my team. Offsides call was pretty bad by refs, and didn’t particularly like the 4th and inches call from my armchair considering the time left in the game and their success vs defense.

Championships aren’t won in September and they have a lot of teaching moments and film to work with moving forward. Especially vs Jacksonville should they see them again in the playoffs. They also have Edelman coming back as well as Chung and Flowers at some point.

Call me crazy but I’m not down on this team. They always get better as the season goes on. This season is probably no different.

I hate bandwagoners like this...Screenshot_20180916-193526_Facebook.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday