PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats vs Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole LB corps is slow - HT, KVN, and Bentley. That’s why Jax was so effective in those shallow crossing routes.

Well it won’t get any better. Don’t know why teams don’t copycat. Linebacker was a big need and they waited late to draft one.

The whole LB corps is slow - HT, KVN, and Bentley. That’s why Jax was so effective in those shallow crossing routes.

I think those crossers are what stayed in the mind of most but what really killed the team yesterday was the times Bortles was able to pass (and connect) downfield. The crossers were like mosquito bites compared to that.

Speed only matter when they’re actually attempting to cover the crosser, which wasn’t always the case yesterday. A bunch of notable miscommunications or missed assignments that left a guy wide open underneath, regardless of the speed of whoever was supposed to be in coverage.

Remember when we had Mayo - Collins - Jones and Hightower all on the same Team?? Those where Three First Rounders and Second who said you can't hit on Good Talent in the Draft?? Thanks for Trading away our Future on Defense GM BB your returns have been phenomenal.:rolleyes:

Remember when we had Mayo - Collins - Jones and Hightower all on the same Team?? Those where Three First Rounders and Second who said you can't hit on Good Talent in the Draft?? Thanks for Trading away our Future on Defense GM BB your returns have been phenomenal.:rolleyes:
If tweets from Browns fans are any indication, Collins wouldn’t have helped. They badly want him gone, but he’s paid too much to actually trade away.

Detroit has a lot of issues. They are far from the Jacksonville team we faced yesterday. On the flip side, Matt Patricia knows NE very well.

If Fatty Patrica leaves here with a Win next Sunday I am calling out the GM BB. If I'm Detroit I am defending Gronk the same way and dare Brady to find someone else on O. The Patriots are Flawed on both sides of the ball.

The funny thing is that the pats will face better wrs corps than the one they faced today. If i am an opposing coach i am trying to get my running backs in space in the passing game against these slow LBs.
And we have heard this theory of cross routes and bunched formations causing us issues befroe also. They will get it fixed with coaching . But it will happen again albeit less frequently. This defense has been the most frustrating to watch over the yrs on 3rd down. We just make excuses that they are great in the red zone , bend dont break etc. I dont think BB is intentionally wanting to play just redzone defense.

That’s how he builds the entire roster so why would the WR group be any different.

They don’t pay anyone not named Brady, Gronk, Gilmore ,somewhat McCourty and a busted up Hightower.

This roster needs a lot of work on both sides of the ball, the roster building has me dumbfounded.

Your statement is complete BS.

They paid Wilfork. They paid Moss. They paid Mankins. They paid Vrabel. They paid Light. They paid Mason.

I could go through the entire list of players that they've given 2nd contracts to to blow up your crap, but there's no point.

Your assessment of the roster says more about you and your lack of understanding about the team's philosophy and understanding of the Salary cap than it does anything about the team.

If tweets from Browns fans are any indication, Collins wouldn’t have helped. They badly want him gone, but he’s paid too much to actually trade away.

There was chatter in the preseason about the Browns wanting to move on from him but no dice with that contract.

That doesn't detract from the fact that Collins played like a Pro Bowl player here. BB can Scheme with Good talent and that's what Collins was here.

Coleman could have done it and B.B. elected to make him inactive.

As for Patterson, what exactly is his role? Teams aren’t kicking to him so his skill is absolute useless. He’s supposed to have speed, so he can’t run downfield a few times?
Coleman was just signed friday or thursday. What did you expect him to do on sunday what he hadnt done with the browns and bills ?

Coleman could have done it and B.B. elected to make him inactive.

As for Patterson, what exactly is his role? Teams aren’t kicking to him so his skill is absolute useless. He’s supposed to have speed, so he can’t run downfield a few times?

We have been through this. Players need to know and understand their roles in the offense and more importantly be able to execute them. Coleman doesn't know the playbook at all and Patterson is a liability because he can't run the whole tree.

If you put them on the field "to just run downfield" you are taking many related packages off the menu. You can't run any hurry-up or no huddle which means you can't manipulate opponents to sub to a specific formation that you can repeatedly exploit. Any audibles or pre-snap changes are also difficult.

This is a well oiled machine and not just players running in space.

Well it won’t get any better. Don’t know why teams don’t copycat. Linebacker was a big need and they waited late to draft one.

So, in your opinion, they should just draft guys with athletic ability at positions of need regardless of whether that player has the intangibles to succeed on this team... GENIUS.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rowe is Trash I hope he's Inactive from now on...Rowe and few other on this Team are like Tits on a Bull useless. Rowe is Patterson of CB's again useless.:rolleyes:
Rowe is mediocre. But Jason McCourty also looked like crap. We need to give the young guys opportunities to see what we have.

Rashaan Evans returned from injury this week to play 0 defensive snaps and 1 ST snap, so this whole “draft a better linebacker” plan doesn’t always work out nearly as well as people are implying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes