PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats beat the Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people *****ing in here, notice that the Steelers are in OT with the Browns. Some of you need to get it through your head that the margins of victory in the NFL are razor thin.
It doesn't matter. We have more entitled whiney chicken littles on this board than nobody's business

For the people *****ing in here, notice that the Steelers are in OT with the Browns. Some of you need to get it through your head that the margins of victory in the NFL are razor thin.

Chris Harper cost this team home field advantage and a shot at the superbowl by muffing a punt that sparked a Denver rally. Forgive me from expecting someone to fair catch the ball without incident.

Hell, we might as well have kept Cyrus the virus since he didn't muff anything this preseason.

Last edited:
Chris Harper cost this team home field advantage and a shot at the superbowl by muffing a punt that sparked a Denver rally. Forgive me from expecting someone to fair catch the ball without incident.
As my shirt says do your job.

Agree whole heartedly.....ST giving them incredible field position every time was a killer.....Run D was piss poor.....McCarron should never play another down as PR....drop a fair catch?! Position not for u.....and yes Gronk TO....and sloppy INT also contributed to them hanging around.....game should NEVER have been that close!!!

Positives

8 different guys caught a pass
Dorsett caught all 7 balls thrown his way
Gronk was Gronk
Allen's punt at the end
Pass rush
Redzone D
We got a very important win against a conference rival
Brady doing his thing

Negatives

Costly TOs
Overall ST play outside of our kickers
Hogan with only 1 catch
General sloppiness

The only thing I saw as a significant negative was the ST coverage was awful. They need to do much better.

Should have been easier to finish, inexcusable blunder by McCarron, the ball was flying for like thirty seconds and he could not make the simplest catch. Overall not a great game but an important win nevertheless, next week in Jacksonville is going to be real tough.
I would cut him.....B.B. will keep him on....can’t fck up that kind of thing in that position with plenty of time....just awful

And Run defense was horrible

Yeh I dont know, The Texans took a focused strategy of looking too run, to me thats more a coaching issue than anything, not putting the right guys in the right position. But this defense play light years better than the SB.

Steelers and Brown tie....LOL...Browns should have won this.

Run D sucks a**!

Pass rush looks more aggressive.

It’s going to be a brutal game in Jacksonville next week.

Other than the bad sideline run given up, the run defense was okay. I thought the plan was to force Watson to throw to his second read, but to be willing to give up some run plays and slow down their razzle dazzle. Seemed to work to perfection until Bentley swapped with Roberts -- looking forward to the rewatch thread.

I'm not big on Dez or maclin, but now that contracts are not guaranteed, wonder if BB takes a look.

And Run defense was horrible

The defense allowed 167 rushing yards on 34 carries; a 4.9 ypa.

They got gashed on three runs - Miller for 31 around the edge (early), Watson for 13 on a scramble (early), Blue for 17 yards in the 2nd half.

Take those away and the Run-D allowed 106 yards on 31 carries; a 3.4 ypa. The defense gave up a lot of relatively short runs late in the game (4-man rush, 7 back in coverage) that encouraged the Texans to keep going to it, even though they were down 2 scores - thus, killing their own clock in the process. Good strategic move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back