PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bills!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense - horrible for first 20, very good for last 40
Brady/O - horrible for first 20, very good for last 40

Solid win with a sloppy first quarter and change

Tom Brady is eloquently thanking everyone. :)

Two questions. TB rushes and breaks the LOS, called a sack. Why?
Holding call on NE is a spot foul? Can I get some help please?

What does everyone think of the overturned touchdown?

I just want to than @ashley1992 and @Ross12 for the wonderful job they did in the GDT. They saw the usual suspects being their usual idiotic selves and thew them out of the club right away.

Great win today and great GDT once the fake fans and trolls were ejected from it.
The trolling was rough early but everything leveled off.

I can't believe how this team diagnoses its problems and finds ways to solve them. Great, great, great coaching!

Merry Christmas to one and all.

giphy.gif

Defense - horrible for first 20, very good for last 40
Brady/O - horrible for first 20, very good for last 40

Solid win with a sloppy first quarter and change
It was an emotional win vs Pitt. I'm taking that into consideration for their lackluster start

Two questions. TB rushes and breaks the LOS, called a sack. Why?
Holding call on NE is a spot foul? Can I get some help please?

I didn't understand them calling it a sack when he clearly gained a yard.

The holding call was on Buffalo and it was by a blocker downfield on a running play vs. it being on a Lineman at the LOS. That's why it was a spot foul..

The trolling was rough early but everything leveled off.

Can't say anything negative about this team apparently. This offense needs hogan back. Cooks still seems to be taken out of the game easily when you press him.

Remarkably non-chippy game - everyone seemed on their best behavior despite (or maybe because of) all the pre-game talk. And not many penalties - made for a nice quick game. Don't know if they weren't calling stuff or there just wasn't much to call.

The disputed touchdown I thought that by the time he finally secured the ball he had a foot out of bounds.

FWIW Football Zebras disagrees with the reversal:

Inexplicable reversal of Bills TD
Bills at Patriots. The Bills have a sure touchdown until it goes through the replay meat grinder. It does not come out the other side as a touchdown. Referee Craig Wrolstad did not elaborate on the specifics of the reversal, just that it was incomplete.

The only plausible explanation was that Bills receiver Kelvin Benjamin was ruled to be still securing the pass initially, continuing past the point when his foot dragged in the end zone. The toe drag is clearly evident, based on the “rooster tail” of turf pebbles that are kicked up.

In all, there was an excellent call made on the field in real time, a call that a cursory glance at replay backs up. Unfortunately, someone in the officiating command center has re-officiated the play and overturned that call, when the furthest replay could have taken the call was “stands.” It is another in a long series of questionable calls in replay that will be subject to scrutiny by the league in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back