PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bills!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injuries happen. Mitchell, SM, Valentine, even Cannon are really, largely, just the function of an NFL season. And losing High or Jules it really part of it too. Losing one of your key cogs happens to pretty much nearly every team. But losing both Jules (they key to the passing offense) and High (the key to the front 7 defense) is a punch to the face by one low down, mean ass, son of a ***** wearing brass knuckles.

Forty proof? Seems a bit weak...

Some truth to that not to mention I've been piling down the chex mix like a race horse going at a 50 pound sack of oats. Bad choice as chex mix is just too damn absorbent. But then again I started throwing them back since 11am. Three Cheers for Volume! :).

I tell ya, after Miami it was obvious the 2017 Patriots pretty much sucked, until next week where it became a bit more obvious they are league best, until they gave up that last minute huge gain in Pitt exposing them as frauds, until the interception 3 plays later confirmed they clearly are the #1 seed, until the first half of Buff that indicated they are headed for one and done in the playoffs, until the second half of the Buff game that clearly showed 'SB here we come!'
Classic.

A tale of 2 halves.
1st half, WTF TFB? Missed open receivers, not on the same page with Gronk et al., ugly pick 6.
2nd half - we're going to the Super Bowl!

LOL, great recovery after slow start and great game by Dion Lewis, as some here called it would be!

Looked like they came out of the game healthy which is always a double win after a victory.

Kudos to Bills players and coaching for a good half of football as well as great sportmanship meaning no cheap shots taken at any of the Pats players. Especially Gronk.;)

Wish Cadet a speed recovery. Hate to see that happen to anyone, thought the Pats were shaken by the injury too. Seems he made an impact with this team while he was here.

It was not realistic that the pats keep both especially with the salary cap

Jimmy's draft year was just really unfortunate timing. If the Pats had drafted him a year later, I don't think there would be any issues at all with him staying.

A healthy Chris Hogan will do wonders for this Offense. Glad he was able to get another game off he should be fully healthy come Playoffs.

A tale of 2 halves.
1st half, WTF TFB? Missed open receivers, not on the same page with Gronk et al., ugly pick 6.
2nd half - we're going to the Super Bowl!

LOL, great recovery after slow start and great game by Dion Lewis, as some here called it would be!

Yep.
Bills Offensive Stat line:
1st half: 201 yards, 7-10 3rd down conversion, 3 red zone
2nd half: 133 yards, 1-6 3rd down conversion, 1 red zone*
*1st possession of 2nd half Buff drove 63 yards to the Patriots 11 (key plays: 16 yard run by McCoy, 40 yard pass). Buff made it to the Patriots' 33 on another possession, never got into Patriot territory in other 3 possessions.

Patriots O:
1st half: 5 possessions, 2 red zone trips (1 for 2), 1 FG (22 yard line), 1 punt, 1 Int
2nd half: 5 possessions, 4 red zone trips (3 for 4), end of game Bolden+kneel downs

Standouts not named Lewis:
- Flowers 10 tackles, 2.5 sacks
- Chung 6 tackles, 2 passes defensed
- Malcolm brown 6 tackles, 1 sack
- the whole OL
Notable mentions:
- Dwayne Allen with 2 catches on 2 targets (given history, 2 catches gets the nod)
- Gillislee: 6 carries for 28 yards, 1 catch 15 yards (Considering he's been inactive for over a month)
(pressures, TFLs could add to the list)

Cooks reallly needs to work on getting separation.

My point is that neither should be acceptable. Not sure why you act like its more acceptable just because they are being negative towards other members rather than the team. Letting some members go around calling other members idiots and morons and pu**ies or "crybaby ***** whiners" does nothing but bring this forum down further than any trolls could because they aren't insulting trolls but other members for not agreeing and its not staying in the GDT its spilling out into other threads now.

Honestly with some of the comments I see if an opposing fan came here talking to members like some posters on this board do they wouldn't last a day yet its allowed to continue with certain people. You can oppose others and opinions without being nasty about it.

First of all I pretty much stay out of the Game Day Thread, second being right has everything to do with it. You and the rest of the whiners have been screaming crying and pounding your little fisties and footies for the last 17 years about how much this team sucks, on a weekly basis, and all they have done in that time is put together the best run of football in NFL history. Belichick sucks, WTF is wrong with Brady?????, they will never beat ( insert team here) when it really matters, WE’RE DOOMED!!!etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ( 1 etc for each season). And many here are fed up with it. So if you really can’t take it then here’s my suggestion......

Stay out of the GDT, I do, and football is much more enjoyable because I don’t have to listen to crybaby ***** fans being crybaby ***** fans.

Merry Christmas, the Patriots have the bye again, they’re doomed.

First of all I pretty much stay out of the Game Day Thread, second being right has everything to do with it. You and the rest of the whiners have been screaming crying and pounding your little fisties and footies for the last 17 years about how much this team sucks, on a weekly basis, and all they have done in that time is put together the best run of football in NFL history. Belichick sucks, WTF is wrong with Brady?????, they will never beat ( insert team here) when it really matters, WE’RE DOOMED!!!etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ( 1 etc for each season). And many here are fed up with it. So if you really can’t take it then here’s my suggestion......

Stay out of the GDT, I do, and football is much more enjoyable because I don’t have to listen to crybaby ***** fans being crybaby ***** fans.

Merry Christmas, the Patriots have the bye again, they’re doomed.

If you are going to respond to me you could at least be accurate. I have maybe less that 5 total posts in all the gameday threads combined this season. So I dont post in the gameday thread. But just because I don't post does not mean I cannot see what is going on. Your reply is a prime example of what I am talking about. I haven't said **** about this team sucking or throwing any type of tantrums but you feel entitled to call me a whiner. I'd like you to find a single post from me in my entire near 11 year history on this site where I have ever said Belichick sucks (I never have). I have never said this team is doomed during any season. I haven't questioned anything with Brady this season even though the own sites owner even felt something may have been up with him (guess Ian is a crybaby ***** fan too?). Frankly I'm fed up with posts like this which is why my activity on this site has drastically decreased. Its just poison and aggressive for no reason.

Less football discussion, debate and education and more insults spewing forth and general hostility. You can disagree with someone and their opinion without calling them a *****. I'd really like to understand why if a Steelers or Jets fan came here and began calling Pats fans cry baby *****es and morons they would be banned but Ivan is allowed to go from thread to thread repeating the same thing and nothing is done about it. This goes for any and all insults and name calling by any posters.

My point is that neither should be acceptable. Not sure why you act like its more acceptable just because they are being negative towards other members rather than the team. Letting some members go around calling other members idiots and morons and pu**ies or "crybaby ***** whiners" does nothing but bring this forum down further than any trolls could because they aren't insulting trolls but other members for not agreeing and its not staying in the GDT its spilling out into other threads now.

Honestly with some of the comments I see if an opposing fan came here talking to members like some posters on this board do they wouldn't last a day yet its allowed to continue with certain people. You can oppose others and opinions without being nasty about it.
I think you have a valid point, and it’s something we can work on. Ideally, we would moderate the overly negative and also the responses to the overly negative, though on a day like Christmas Eve time doesn’t necessarily permit both. I agree that calling someone out for a post you find ridiculous does not have to be so personal. Hopefully we can improve on that in time. As for the other threads, it’s difficult to follow every conversation in every thread here - if you feel a situation needs a mod then please let one of us know.

i have to say props to the bills coach for keeping the team composed. they played a pretty clean game. no cheap shots on gronk or letting that situation get the best of them despite all the chatter.

if that was Rex Ryan gronk may be on IR and there wouldve been a million flags.

Cooks reallly needs to work on getting separation.

I’ll wait for the film breakdown before judging. We do know on that overthrown deep ball that cooks had 2-3 yards of seperation.

A healthy Chris Hogan will do wonders for this Offense. Glad he was able to get another game off he should be fully healthy come Playoffs.

it really will, right now we are basically playing with one WR, 2 maybe when you consider Amendolas part time role. Hogan was tearing it up before his injury.

rappoport stated that hogan likely needed another week of healing. Hopefully he can get some reps in next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe