PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winovich played until he got benched with a stupid penalty.
How does “Jennings need experience” answer my response of they were worse last week with him in there when you said “it couldn’t be any worse”?

At Alabama, he was very good at setting the edge. Probably what helped him get drafted by us.

I think he needs to get on the field to show that he can make those plays in the nfl,

At Alabama, he was very good at setting the edge. Probably what helped him get drafted by us.

I think he needs to get on the field to show that he can make those plays in the nfl,
That may be the case but he stunk last week so not playing him today isn’t random.

That may be the case but he stunk last week so not playing him today isn’t random.

well hopefully he earns his way back on the field in practice.

Why doesnt JJ Taylor play?

Why wait until the 3rd quarter to use Burkhead? Then you run Burkhead 3 times straight. Pass to Izzo twice in succession. Or, pass to to Meyers 10 times.

The playcalling and personnel grouping are maddening. Brady purposely ran the dink and dunk offense to burn up clock and then score 7. Cam is trying as hard as he can to make the dink and dunk work to no avail.

I wasn't able to watch the game live. Just got back and went though it. My stomach sank when it was 1st and 10 from the 20. Then thank god, Newton fumbled and the tank it on. That was waaaay to close for comfort. Now there is no other way to go but down. Period.

I'd rather have data from Stidham failures after starting 3 or 4 games than opinions from posters.
Did you need data on Mallet? Perhaps Hoyer? Or how about Rohan Davey?

Some guys are just backups and haven't earned a spot on the field. Stidham has been allowed to throw passes in 4 NFL games. He's thrown interceptions in 3 of them and the one he didn't was because he attempted and failed to complete one pass. In 4 games he's never done better than a 39 passer rating. He had to be pulled from a game we were dominating because he wasn't competent enough to close out a game so Brady could sit. He has been with this team for a year and Bill decided to drop him to third on the depth chart.

But I guess Bill should change course on his evaluations on a player who has been a complete failure when we've seen him, who Bill has seen much more of, because the posters here want data.

Why he couldn’t hand off to Harris?
Do you really think the defenses would play us that way at all if there wasn't the threat of Cam running? Cam was our second best rusher on the day getting 54 yards and a rushing TD. Not to mention the runs on the last drive Cam ripped off that Stidham wouldn't. But keep going on with your simple assessments.

The only winnable games remaining are Jete x 2 and Houston...real shot at 5-11 season at best. That's enough for a top 7 pick.
Might get the bills at home

Last edited:
Reporter asks BB why he didn't try one more play before the half:

BB: "It was a low percentage play"

Yet he on side kicks it in the 3rd Q right after they tied the game at 14? :rolleyes: I don't mind the kick before the half with no timeouts, but the on sides kick was not a wise decision. That's a very low percentage play.

Despite that, the Pats put up a good fight and that's all you can ask for at this point.

Lol at people blaming cam when we have given him the WORST group of WRs and TEs in nfl history!

FIRE our offensive scouts
Our group last year was no better. No reason BB shouldn't have improved it before this season

Did you need data on Mallet? Perhaps Hoyer? Or how about Rohan Davey?

Some guys are just backups and haven't earned a spot on the field. Stidham has been allowed to throw passes in 4 NFL games. He's thrown interceptions in 3 of them and the one he didn't was because he attempted and failed to complete one pass. In 4 games he's never done better than a 39 passer rating. He had to be pulled from a game we were dominating because he wasn't competent enough to close out a game so Brady could sit. He has been with this team for a year and Bill decided to drop him to third on the depth chart.

But I guess Bill should change course on his evaluations on a player who has been a complete failure when we've seen him, who Bill has seen much more of, because the posters here want data.
I didn't know that my reply referenced Mallet or Davey. On Hoyer, there is a wealth of history. I don't think anyone on this forum sees him as anything more than a backup. Sorry if I don't value your opinion more highly than actually seeing Stidham start several games and then drawing a conclusion from those starts. I guess we also differ on what constitutes an adequate sample upon which to make a judgement.

Last edited:
I didn't know that my reply referenced Mallet or Davey. On Hoyer, there is a wealth of history. I don't think anyone on this forum sees him as anything more than a backup. Sorry if I don't value your opinion more highly than actually seeing Stidham start several games and than drawing a conclusion from those starts. I guess we also differ on what constitutes an adequate sample upon which to make a judgement.
Well the greatest coach ever doesn't seem to see it your way

Might get the bills at home

At 2-5, BB is going to lose both games to the Jete. The season is over at this point and every win only hurts the team. So, his disdain for the Jete burns deep, and nothing would mean more than to rip the Lawrence dream from the Jete. Those 2 losses would vault the Pats ahead of the Jets by way of division losses and the head to head loss. If the Jete even win one other game this year, its over for them. Bill won't allow that to happen.

It's gonna be so fun watching us spend a top 10 pick on an offensive lineman next year hnnnng
It's going to be fun trading that pick down with one of the compensations being a 2nd rounder that turns into a DB

Well the greatest coach ever doesn't seem to see it your way
I'm sorry I misinterpreted the multiple statements you have made over the past month regarding Stidham's competence as being your opinion. You meant that they are Belichick's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes