PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: Which Draft Pick Would You Trade for OJ Howard?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Pats trade what draft pick for OJ Howard

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuma

Hall of Fame Benchwarmer
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Which Draft Pick Would You Trade for OJ Howard?

Last edited:
Damn you! I thought they got him when I saw the thread title. Then I actually read the other words.

Someone’s feeling ****y or trying to wish it into existence

Damn you! I thought they got him when I saw the thread title. Then I actually read the other words.

Damn sorry about that...I hate that sh!t too. I added a question mark...hope that helps.

Damn sorry about that...I hate that sh!t too. I added a question mark...hope that helps.

No worries, I’m over it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:D

The “I’m sick of waiting, just make it f*ckin happen” draft pick :D

They no longer have a 2nd, correct? Traded for Sanu.

I think the price would something like a 3rd in 2020 and 2nd/3rd in 2021.

Or maybe a swap of Patriots 1st in 2020 and Tampa Bay’s 2nd in 2020 (TB moves up maybe 10 spots there, along with winning the PR battle and the fifth year) along with Patriots throwing in another 2020 mid-round pick, perhaps 4th.

Hopefully Tampa budges. My office is literally next to Bucs stadium and training facility. I can see them when they are practicing from my window.

Might have to make a visit over there.

None. Howard reportedly isn't available

I'm fine with trading a 2020 or 2021 1st rounder. IMO the biggest glaring need is TE. Instead of using possibly a 1st round pick for one...just trade it.

Hopefully Tampa budges. My office is literally next to Bucs stadium and training facility. I can see them when they are practicing from my window.

Might have to make a visit over there.

The stench has got to be rough, you should be getting hazard pay

We Need to keep next years 1st since we gave away the 2nd.

It would have to be something in the lines of our 1st for Howard and their third

You read from right to left?
Know to Good.

A 4th. We would get 1.5 years of his rookie deal and then we would lose him as the market would be too big, which is kind of odd as his play hasn't justified it.

He has been in the league 2.5 years and he hasn't been close to en elite TE. It's true his sophmore year was on a good pace (565 yards in 10 games) but I wouldn't extend for him like he is the kind of player who year in and year out can give you 700-800 yards, cause he just hasn't shown that to be the case.

People can talk about splitting targets all they want, if he was better he would get the targets and yards. If he isn't being fed there he certainly won't be fed here. Why pay draft a lot of draft capital for a guy who is just going to be one many guys fight for looks?

This isn't like Sanu who is a plug and play #2 option or a guy who forces his way onto the field for 90% of the snaps. We shouldn't give up the draft capital like he is.

I'd be willing to give up a first. Actually, I don't know. I haven't studied his game nearly enough to say that. Perhaps, a better way of saying it is I'd be perfectly fine if Belichick is willing to trade away a first round pick.

Two years ago, many analysts were linking him to the Patriots as a potential first round pick. After his combine performance, he was out of our reach. The Patriots value the position and he is supposed to be a two way threat. He was ranked as the best run blocking tight end coming out of college. While he didn't put up a lot of receiving stats, he was seen to have a lot of potential there. He's 6'6"', 250+, runs close to a 4.5 40', under a 7 second 3 cone, and has impressed with his jumping numbers and bench press. He's a physical freak.

His numbers thus far aren't impressive, but pff ranked him as the # 2 tight end last year and Arians doesn't traditionally use tight ends much in the passing game. Belichick does. Belichick will have good info on the guy from Saban. Two way tight ends have always been key parts to our offense. Coates, Watson, Gronk, others, have been very important parts of our offense. Brady has always had a knack for the end zone touch pass over the heads of defenders to tall tight ends. We could use a guy like that to improve our red zone offense.

Fact is the guy has first round talent. He's under contract for reasonable money next season and we would have his rights as a RFA in 2021. We'd only be giving up a very late first for someone that could be a difference maker now. He plays a position that our team normally values and we don't have much talent at the position now, nor anyone who has future potential. We would have to address the position soon anyway. Let's do it now and give this year's team a better chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes