Votes: 62 53.0%
  • Are you an idiot wtf randy moss/07 patriots all over again if we get him

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • BB would be too turned off by the drama

Votes: 11 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched every WR who ever hit the waiver wire earn his own thread on these boards. I have spoken with great derision about the fans who always felt whatever trash other teams threw away was ALWAYS better than what we happened to have at the position. I have also opined that WR is the one position where the market is bigger than the demand.

HOWEVER that being said, I would absolutely go after him, but only with the idea for him to play in 2017. It is too late to bring him for this season. This is a kid who caught 2400+ yds.....in f$cking CLEVELAND!!! From what I can gather, he's coachable, a good teammate, and works hard. He's NOT a diva WR. His problem is he can't put down the damned bong. It is wildly hypocritical, since a lot of players smoke during the season because they only test once a year, UNLESS you're in the program. It's not like he's cheating with PED's, but it is the current rules. Once you are in "the program" they own you and your urine, any time, any place. You can't even have a beer. Just another example of the very selective and draconian punishment this NFL hands out.

Clearly the kid has some emotional problems but given the right environment, he might thrive. Where better than the "home for Cleveland wanderers." Let him come in and give him a shot to reclaim his career. What would we have to lose vs what we would have to gain. I saw a list the other day and they listed the 4 players who have caught more than 2400 yds in a season. Gordon was #4. The other 3 were in the HOF. :eek:

I think this is a typo or am not sure what list you are referencing. Gordon hasn't caught 2400 yards in a season but did have 1646 in 2013 which is top 13 in NFL history. Great.

I've added some thoughts.

Out of curiosity I created a search query based on Catch % for all the receivers with 1200+ yards. Gordon ranked 13th out of 15 for 2013.

Player Season Finder Query Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com

If I extend that search to a 2010-2015 window he ranks 56th out of 64 receivers.

Josh Gordon Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

upload_2016-10-1_10-9-27.png

upload_2016-10-1_10-11-35.png

If the Browns cut Gordon, he goes through waivers.

If the Browns decide to keep Gordon in the hopes of trading him, the Pats ' success will put them at a disadvantage since their draft pick will be at the end of the round.

I think this is a typo or am not sure what list you are referencing. Gordon hasn't caught 2400 yards in a season but did have 1646 in 2013 which is top 13 in NFL history. Great.

I've added some thoughts.

Out of curiosity I created a search query based on Catch % for all the receivers with 1200+ yards. Gordon ranked 13th out of 15 for 2013.

If I extend that search to a 2010-2015 window he ranks 56th out of 64 receivers.

Josh Gordon Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

View attachment 14300Thanks for your efforts, clearly I was wrong. But in my defense I saw a list with the 2400 number on some football show. Maybe it was something like what they did in their first 2 years in the league?

View attachment 14301

I think he meant 2400 yards in the (first) two seasons. And his 1646 in 2013, you have to consider that he did that in 14 games. Of the ones in the list you provided only Megatron and Charley Hannigan had a higher per-game average than Gordon. And about the catch percentage, you have to consider who was throwing him the ball. Brandon Weedon, Jason Campbell and Brian Hoyer. These guys aren't known for their accuracy.

I think he meant 2400 yards in the (first) two seasons. And his 1646 in 2013, you have to consider that he did that in 14 games. Of the ones in the list you provided only Megatron and Charley Hannigan had a higher per-game average than Gordon. And about the catch percentage, you have to consider who was throwing him the ball. Brandon Weedon, Jason Campbell and Brian Hoyer. These guys aren't known for their accuracy.

All good points. It's tough to judge but I wouldn't cut Amendola to get Gordon on the roster even if it cost more to keep DA. Amendola is a clutch, reliable and a tough ass receiver/returner. Is an incredible asset to the team.

If people are looking for a potential deep threat I think Mitchell will adequately fill that role and is slightly faster than Gordon.

@BradyFTW! - Thanks for the chart analysis site.

upload_2016-10-1_15-49-22.png

upload_2016-10-1_15-51-19.png

Edit to post resource. Malcolm Mitchell - MockDraftable.com

Last edited:
You guys may not care but here's a recipe for pancakes:

In bowl, with wire whisk, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, butter, and egg and stir until flour is moistened. Heat griddle or 12-inch skillet over medium heat until drop of water sizzles; brush lightly with oil. Pour batter by scant 1/4 cups onto hot griddle, making a few pancakes at a time.

;)

You guys may not care but here's a recipe for pancakes:

In bowl, with wire whisk, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, butter, and egg and stir until flour is moistened. Heat griddle or 12-inch skillet over medium heat until drop of water sizzles; brush lightly with oil. Pour batter by scant 1/4 cups onto hot griddle, making a few pancakes at a time.

;)

Is this post a nice way of saying, "WTF dude get your own ass in rehab because your posts resemble a quagmire of random illiterate thoughts." ?

Is this post a nice way of saying, "WTF dude get your own ass in rehab because your posts resemble a quagmire of random illiterate thoughts." ?

Or...."WTF Dude, another thread about a WR that will never be a Patriot but some have a hardon for every star player this side of the Milky Way so let's make the thread anyway".

Or...."WTF Dude, another thread about a WR that will never be a Patriot but some have a hardon for every star player this side of the Milky Way so let's make the thread anyway".

I understand and agree with you Dawg. But this is a process we are destined to go through for two reasons.

1. The Pat's have been ***** slapping the league for 15 years and faithful fans are always looking for that next nut.
2. Since Moss left, one could say that is a nut we ain't got.

Yes...we sign him. Two weeks later gets loaded, is banned, and we have already released Amendola.

I think I will pass!

All good points. It's tough to judge but I wouldn't cut Amendola to get Gordon on the roster even if it cost more to keep DA. Amendola is a clutch, reliable and a tough ass receiver/returner. Is an incredible asset to the team.

If people are looking for a potential deep threat I think Mitchell will adequately fill that role and is slightly faster than Gordon.

@BradyFTW! - Thanks for the chart analysis site.

View attachment 14305

View attachment 14306

Edit to post resource. Malcolm Mitchell - MockDraftable.com

Yeah, with Amendola you know that he's going to give you everything he has, and as long as he's reasonably healthy he'll be a productive player for you. I wouldn't give that up for the likes of Gordon, mainly because at this point there's gotta be a >50% chance that he gives you effectively zero. The simple fact with Gordon is that he's been in the league since 2012 and has had only one season where he made his team better by being on it. Granted, he was so good in that season that he remains intriguing, and that's why he may be worth taking a cheap flyer on. No way I'd give up proven, productive talent to make room for basically a lottery ticket, though.

we would have to trade for him to get him IMO. so there is that obstacle.. I would give up anything upto a 4th if I had too. I guess I like the mystique of troublesome players becoming men when they become Patriots.

How long is on his contract, would like to know whether his suspended years count.

I think by the time a deal is in place it's more likely than not someone hits IR or doesn't cut the mustard. That said I'd be OK with letting Harbor go in a beat to make room.

Does he even count against the roster total if he is in rehab.

No. The guy has problems. He couldn't stay clean for even one year.

I also think he is dumb. Everyone knows you don't fall off the wagon until after you get the mega contract lol.

Absolutely would love a talent like this at WR, but nope. This kid needs to forget football for awhile and focus on his problems if he wants any shot of a career. He might have one more shot at some point, but I'm skeptical he is going to take advantage of that shot if awarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back