Votes: 9 3.9%
  • C

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • C-

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • D or worse.

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters
I’d go with a B. I think getting Maye was the most important thing. I think drafting 86% offense was important. Not exactly the WRs I wanted, I think they are good receivers, I just think better receivers were available, but thrilled they double dipped. The Oline picks seem more for depth as opposed to starters, which drives my grade down, though they think Wallace can play LT despite playing all of his games at RT.

I think the Milton pick was interesting and exciting, it could pay off having him as a backup. I’m not sure there weren’t any decent WRs that were still available, so I like the pick.

Being 4-13, they needed to come out of this draft with a franchise QB and some receivers and some Olinemen. They did just that. Time will tell if they wound up with the right ones. I’m pretty happy with this draft.

I'm going to go on the high side and say A-.

To be realistic the success of this draft hinges largely on the Drake Maye pick.

I'm sure there are some disagreements with individual picks here and there but the plan was solid - address QB, OL, and WR early and often.

That's exactly what they did.

The front office kind of played it safe in round 2 but I feel they went for some higher upside/riskier picks on Day 3.

Joe Milton alone should be a very entertaining training camp story.

Javon Baker has established himself as a character already with his "I'll make people in wheelchairs stand," interview. :haha:

And Jaheim Bell could be a low key late round gem. His versatility to play TE or HB could end up useful.

So as long as Maye hits and about half the other picks from this draft hits, I feel like this will be seen as a very solid draft.

These draft grades are too soon obviously.

We'll find out more who might break out at training camp and we'll have a pretty good idea of actual success by the end of year 1.

Who were the finds and who were just swings and misses? As the saying goes, "You miss 100% of the swings you don't take."

B+

I feel good about 2 of the 3 positions we needed to fix. I have a lot of hope for the Polk/Baker pairing especially.

I'm having trouble with assigning a grade just yet.

There were certain choices that I was very happy with.

But the guard selection is baffling, and I believe OT-WR would have been better overall than WR-OT with the 2nd and 3rd picks.
I liked the Baker pick a lot; the Dial pick not so much.

Drafting Robinson seemed to have a domino effect, making it more difficult to find a good RB, TE, DT, etc. with each subsequent pick.

I'm having trouble with assigning a grade just yet.

There were certain choices that I was very happy with.

But the guard selection is baffling, and I believe OT-WR would have been better overall than WR-OT with the 2nd and 3rd picks.
I liked the Baker pick a lot; the Dial pick not so much.

Drafting Robinson seemed to have a domino effect, making it more difficult to find a good RB, TE, DT, etc. with each subsequent pick.
How would you feel if Dial was brought in as deep safety?

I give them an A-. I like the focus on offense and the order in which they did so. We needed to address QB, WR, and Oline and we did. I also like the late picks at CB and TE. I’m not digging the Milton pick but recognize I could be wrong if the team is able to develop him into a Taysom Hill type of role.

I’ve learned through experience not to squabble over the specific players selected. Only time can tell us if we did well in that regard.

Fans often get upset bc the media player rankings make them feel like we reached for players. Those rankings are all but meaningless. Every team has different values on players. Every team has hits and misses. Every fan who imagines themselves in GM role does the same.

Lets just hope the guys we picked turn out to be good players. As far as Maye goes, he’s a 21 yr old developmental project. He’s going to sit the bench while Jacobi and Zappe battle it out for QB1. I think both can succeed if this draft turns out to be as solid as I hope it is.

B. It would be an A for me if we traded up into that 2nd tier OT run and grabbed suamataia before kc smartly did. But if wallace works out ill gladly be proven wrong on it. Everything else was about as reasonably well done as you could hope.

I graded A because we got our QB and addressed other positions, we'll see if they're the right picks in a year or two. I actually like the Dial pick.

I said a B+. They drastically overhauled the offense, which badly needed it. I thought tackle should have been a higher priority for them but it’s a very solid draft.

I give them an A for drafting Drake Maye on general principal alone. If he turns out to be a legitimate Franchise QB for us, then the draft will be an A+ If any of the other players develop into a part of a solid young core for becoming a SB Contender/Winner, than the overall grade will be high. Much will depend on 2025's Free Agency and Draft to go along with what we now have.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back