• yes

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Ok, maybe not 19-0, but we do have our usual "bye" to at least seed 2, and the AFCCG.

And before you give me any #$@&^ about my annual prediction, 9 years in a row at least seed 2, 8 years in a row AFCCG kind of prove me right.

See you in the AFCCG. (I actually think we got a bye to the SB this coming season.)

giphy.gif

Maybe the thought of going undefeated a number of years back fired everyone up. Going undefeated is not a goal, it is winning championships. Losses in September are no longer a big deal as they were a decade ago. December is an indication of the Patriot's chance for supremacy. We need to discount the Miami game that typically is in December (do I need to elaborate?). The commanding statement is the number of championships. The impressive statement is how many in a row.

Not going to happen ... Belichick will be much more interested in
developing the team the first 6-8 games with early issues at WR and TE.

Pretty much this. I see 2-2, with half of fans and pundits flipping ****, and the other half saying "situation normal, carry on".

I'm waiting to see how training camp shakes out, but it looks like another pretty good year; 12-4 minimum.

Pretty much this. I see 2-2, with half of fans and pundits flipping ****, and the other half saying "situation normal, carry on".

I'm waiting to see how training camp shakes out, but it looks like another pretty good year; 12-4 minimum.
I see 14-2, but then again I always do

I see 14-2, but then again I always do

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've had 13-3 in my preseason predictions the last few years.

I go with my always safe 11-5 with a trip to the
SB :)

Coaches training camp is getting down to 53. September is for actually seeing what the 53 can do, so some losses as expected. Real season starts in November....number 2 seed is goal....and 7th heaven
And I didn’t see this option in poll....Ray Lewis killed a few guys

I find it unlikely that the Patriots will win the next 18 Super Bowls.

Brady will be almost 60 years old at that point, and I just don't think he can play at a Pro Bowl level at that point.

Never say never. The Patriots have never won a game by a score of 19-0 in franchise history - so hey maybe this is the year.

That’s what you meant right? :)

There was no radio button for "that question made me throw up in my mouth a little bit."

Just the SB at the end, thanks. :D

12-4 seems like a solid prediction. As mentioned : BB does a pre Halloween assessment and rolls thereafter.

My hope is that the strongest unit for the last few years, the RBs, throws several different looks and produces both on the ground and in the air. This way, TB doesn’t need to be everything like he has been for so many seasons. I also like the LBs and DBs. That defense was the reason NE won the championship and I hope Bentley & JC Jackson take a step or two.

We blew the only shot we had at 19-0. Everything had to break right that season from being injury free to Rex Ryan calling a time out to bail the Pats out of a 4th and down disaster in Baltimore.... I think blowing that game severely impacted our team in 2008-2010 before BB went back to his ethos approach. That team had the right combination of young players, savvy vets, and an once in a generation WR.

Harder to do all of that in today's NFL, IMO. And when they likely expand to 17/18 game seasons within 5 years, it'll just get harder to attain and sustain that special combination of talent and luck.

That season still kills me even if we have been to 5 more Superbowls, 9 more AFC title games, and won the AFC East every year for ten straight years... the burning image I have in my head is Seau lying face mask down on the field post-game...

We blew the only shot we had at 19-0. Everything had to break right that season from being injury free to Rex Ryan calling a time out to bail the Pats out of a 4th and down disaster in Baltimore.... I think blowing that game severely impacted our team in 2008-2010 before BB went back to his ethos approach. That team had the right combination of young players, savvy vets, and an once in a generation WR.

Harder to do all of that in today's NFL, IMO. And when they likely expand to 17/18 game seasons within 5 years, it'll just get harder to attain and sustain that special combination of talent and luck.

That season still kills me even if we have been to 5 more Superbowls, 9 more AFC title games, and won the AFC East every year for ten straight years... the burning image I have in my head is Seau lying face mask down on the field post-game...

If the Patriots, and specifically Brady, didn't have this renaissance since 2014 (4 SB trips. 3 SB titles), then 2007 would still linger more. But I think it's becoming more of a footnote than anything else at this point. Similar to the Malcolm Butler fiasco from Super Bowl 52. It isn't talked about as much anymore because the Patriots won it all last season. Winning takes the sting out of some of those losses.

As for the poll question, they won't go 19-0. It's way too difficult. And I'd rather they go into a Super Bowl with a 16-2 or 15-3 record. Ultimately I think the pressure got to them in 07. Looking back, they might've benefited from dropping a game or two in the regular season. There were signs near the end of the season and playoffs that this wasn't the unbeatable force from the first 12 weeks of the season. They ended up getting the worst matchup possible in the Super Bowl. If it's GB, I have no doubt they finish 19-0.

I find it unlikely that the Patriots will win the next 18 Super Bowls.

Brady will be almost 60 years old at that point, and I just don't think he can play at a Pro Bowl level at that point.

23183237473_4935de9082.jpg

Or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back