PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please read this if you need Jesus

You would save yourself a lot of time and answer your own question if you just went back and read the other posts in this thread. Honestly, this awful thread was created by 3 to be 4 for his own purposes and was slowly fading away of its own accord before you and McBee had to go and prod the beast from welcome slumber ...

It's not as if there is an overwhelming amount of posts on here that are worth talking about anyways. (The General forum, I mean.)

It's not as if there is an overwhelming amount of posts on here that are worth talking about anyways. (The General forum, I mean.)

OK, if you enjoy beating your head against a brick wall, be my guest.

OK, if you enjoy beating your head against a brick wall, be my guest.

I'm guessing no one takes anyones opinion into consideration then...?

Or at least someone.

He is not a God, you are correct. He was a philosopher and a very smart man who believed himself to reach Nirvana, which, coincidentaly was today.

Christianity is such a bogas religion, IMO. It works for some people, and that's wonderful - more power to you...
... but the way they force their religion on people... the way they MAKE people believe - it just mind bogels me.

I went into a Christian bookstore the other day... I saw a Bible - 40$. That is outragous. They should not overcharge on a piece of scripture that was written thousands of years ago, when you could just go get one for free. It is stealing, which is against your ten commandments.

IMO, the Christian God is not loveing. If he knows everything, then he knows which of us are damned and which are not. Does that mean we are born either Damned or not...? Is he so hateful that he brings us into exsistance to let us suffer for all eternety?

Please, enlighten me. I love talking religion with sensable people - don't know if your sensable or not, didn't read the thread.

second paragraph down, you say Christians MAKE you believe....

Me? I never said anything about it being forced on me.
If you go to Africa, you will see Christian's forceing their books to these people without giving them any alternatives. You never see Christian's offering books of other religions (Such as what Wiccan's do, for example). If you want to spread religion, then don't force it by saying it's the only way, because it is not. It may work for you, but what if Islam or Hindu works for them?

Maybe you misunderstood me about that second point.
When I said "He brings us into exsistance so we may suffer for all eternaty", he knows which of us will choose him and which won't. The ones that won't choose him are condemned to hell, and he knew they would be.
If his master plan is that we all have that choice, then he does not know everything. If I have a choice if I go to heaven or not by accepting Christ, then God does not know everything... and everything you believe could be questioned.

1) Why would a Christian teach another religion that he/she doesnt believe in?
Believing in Christ is a Faith, a belief, not "just one way of looking at things"
2) Everyone has free will. God may know the plans, but we dont. And He wants us all to choose Him. If we dont, again, its our responsibility, not God's fault.
It always amuses me when people try to give their own intellectual reasons why they are right, and the word of God is wrong.
If you dont accept Christianity, it is your choice and you are free to make that choice.
If Im wrong, i'll have a wonderful surprise. What if you are wrong?

Believing in Christ is a Faith, a belief, not "just one way of looking at things"
2) Everyone has free will. God may know the plans, but we dont. And He wants us all to choose Him. If we dont, again, its our responsibility, not God's fault.
It always amuses me when people try to give their own intellectual reasons why they are right, and the word of God is wrong.
If you dont accept Christianity, it is your choice and you are free to make that choice.

Guess I'll burn in hell.

A belief is also a way of looking at things.

Free will? If God know's all, then there is no free will. He knows what we will do, where we will go, what we become - where is the free will? We make choices that we were predestoned to make - no free will in that.

A belief is also a way of looking at things.

Free will? If God know's all, then there is no free will. He knows what we will do, where we will go, what we become - where is the free will? We make choices that we were predestoned to make - no free will in that.

so then, if you go next door and club your neighbor with a baseball bat it isnt your fault, its "God's will".
No Bible studying Christian thinks like that. Somebody may have taught you that, there might be some misguided Christians who think like that, but the Bible certainly doesnt say anything like that.

its obvious you dont agree with Christianity and thats perfectly fine. I wont debate you, you have a right to believe whatever you do.

But this thread isnt named "Is ************ our Lord and Savior?"

Its "Please Read this if you need Jesus". You apparently dont. ok.

btw, Belief is much stronger than A way of looking at things. Belief is accepting something as the truth. If I am saying 5 different things could be true, I dont "believe" in any of the 5. I may lean in one direction, but im not a believer in anything. I believe ************ is Lord. Im not going to go to a village in Africa and teach Islam.

be·lief (bĭ-lēf')
n.
1. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.
2. Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something: His explanation of what happened defies belief.
3. Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.

so then, if you go next door and club your neighbor with a baseball bat it isnt your fault, its "God's will".
No Bible studying Christian thinks like that. Somebody may have taught you that, there might be some misguided Christians who think like that, but the Bible certainly doesnt say anything like that.

its obvious you dont agree with Christianity and thats perfectly fine. I wont debate you, you have a right to believe whatever you do.

But this thread isnt named "Is ************ our Lord and Savior?"

Its "Please Read this if you need Jesus". You apparently dont. ok.

btw, Belief is much stronger than A way of looking at things. Belief is accepting something as the truth. If I am saying 5 different things could be true, I dont "believe" in any of the 5. I may lean in one direction, but im not a believer in anything. I believe ************ is Lord. Im not going to go to a village in Africa and teach Islam.

be·lief (b?-l?f')
n.
1. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.
2. Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something: His explanation of what happened defies belief.
3. Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.

A Belief is also an opinion, which is a personal view.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/belief

How do you know that is not what God want's? The Bible may just say that somewhere in it, however you have interpreted it differently.

maybe so, fleabassist1. You might want to pick up the Bible and look for the verse. :)

That's okay, I will leave it to the Christian's to decide what they really believe. My point is that you never know, maybe suicides are the only one's who go to heaven - It could be in the Bible somwhere, you just have to interpret it as such. :)

That's okay, I will leave it to the Christian's to decide what they really believe. My point is that you never know, maybe suicides are the only one's who go to heaven - It could be in the Bible somwhere, you just have to interpret it as such. :)

I think its safe to say that isnt in the Bible either. But have a nice day.

I think its safe to say that isnt in the Bible either. But have a nice day.

I actually did have quite a nice day. It was beautiful out, I saw so much beauty in the world today.

Could just be in my mania though.

:)
How was your day Mr/Mrs....?

I actually did have quite a nice day. It was beautiful out, I saw so much beauty in the world today.

Could just be in my mania though.

:)
How was your day Mr/Mrs....?

It was quite good, thank you. Warmed up to about 40 here in the KC area, very nice. How was it where you are?

It was quite good, thank you. Warmed up to about 40 here in the KC area, very nice. How was it where you are?

Very nice. Cold, but still a great day out. It hit about 35... 40 at one point I believe. Was out shopping all day at the outlet's - baught for everyone I know for under 100$ (Minus my girlfriend, I want to find the perfect gift.)

Got myself some new art supplies, I can't wait to break them in... also, going ghost hunting tonight. Should be a lot of fun... I live 5 minutes away from Anteitam National Battlefield... should be pretty eerie. Do you believe in ghosts?

Very nice. Cold, but still a great day out. It hit about 35... 40 at one point I believe. Was out shopping all day at the outlet's - baught for everyone I know for under 100$ (Minus my girlfriend, I want to find the perfect gift.)

Got myself some new art supplies, I can't wait to break them in... also, going ghost hunting tonight. Should be a lot of fun... I live 5 minutes away from Anteitam National Battlefield... should be pretty eerie. Do you believe in ghosts?

I believe in the Holy Spirit, but not ghosts. Where is the Anteitam Nat. Battlefield?

I believe in the Holy Spirit, but not ghosts. Where is the Anteitam Nat. Battlefield?

Sharpsburg, MD. It's 10 minutes away from Hagerstown, 30 from Frederick, 70 from Baltimore, 70 from Washington DC. That's if you drive fast like I do.

So no ghosts huh? I am so facinated with them. I definitly believe in them, and I have seen so many thing's... my family has told me so many stories about them. Apparently, my entire mom's immediate family saw two ghosts - a mother and a daughter. They had a priest come by and bless the house, and then there was no more ghosts. :(

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back