PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoughingthePasser

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I usually root for the underdogs when the Pats arent playing.
Who would you like to win in the AFC matchups and why?

I usually root for the underdogs when the Pats arent playing.
Who would you like to win in the AFC matchups and why?

I would like:

Tennesse and Pitt

However, I think Baltimore will beat TN.

I stick to my ABC's of the Playoff's - (A)nyone (B)ut the (C)hargers or (C)olts.

Teams with 1 Super Bowl championship this decade
Ravens (2000)
Steelers (2005)
Giants (2007)

They get automatically eliminated as teams I don't want going anywhere as I want the Pats to be solidified as the greatest team of the decade no question.

If either of the above were to win this year then repeat next year they'd be tied Super Bowl wise for the entire decade. (2000-'09)

Bad Blood
Chargers (Self explanatory. "Cheaters, no class, we'd beat 9/10 times" etc.)
Eagles (Team accusations of cheating, Arlen Spector)
Titans (Cheap hitting against Pats, ie: 12/31/06)

No thanks. I'll be rooting for all 3 teams to win this weekend though based on who they're playing.

No problem at all!
Cardinals
Panthers

If either of the above were to win I'd have no problem at all. I know some aren't the biggest fans of Warner but these are the two teams I'd most want to see win it all. One will be gone this week.

Nice breakdown Disco.

I feel the exact same way. I don't want anyone coming close to touching our dynasty status.

I would like to see Tennesee win but I think the Ravens win that game. Their D is unbelievable right now and they have a servicable QB in Flacco. Better than anything they have had recently anyway.

I think Pittsburgh beats Chargers. How is it that LT is hurt every year during the playoffs and can't play? He has no heart.

I'll be rooting for San Diego over Pittsburgh.

I like Rivers as a person and player, and I think it'll be great for the Chargers to win without contributions from Merriman and Tomlinson.
The only caveat is that they have to lose next week, so the Pats draft pick they got from them doesn't drop down to #31 or #32.

In addition I want Pittsburgh to lose because in my opinion their fan base (with the exception of Dino5Rings) is a group of arrogant front-runners who think the NFL started operations in the 70's. They pat themselves on the back for being great fans, yet show no support for other Pittsburgh teams (Steelers, Penguins, no NBA team); either half these people aren't even from Pittsburgh, or they're only fans as long as the team wins. In spite of that they're the first to accuse Pats fans as being bandwagon fans because so many of us got fed up and stayed away in the pre-Kraft years. In addition, Steeler Fan seems obsessed with the Pats, bringing them up in conversation that have nothing to do with the Pats so they can throw the word 'cheaters' around; my guess is that is out of fear the Pats will catch up to or pass them in number of championships.

They can also be the biggest group of whiners around. Every fan watching any game complains about the refs calls, but none complain more than the Steeler fan. They are convinced that the refs and the NFL hate them, and Roger Goodell wants to see them fail. How they say that after their last Super Bowl, against Seattle, is beyond comprehension.

In the other game I'm looking for the Ravens to beat the Titans.

After the way Titan's head coach Jeff Fisher celebrated Rodney Harrison's injury after a Titan dove at his knees, I can't help but root for them to lose every game he coaches.

Who I would like to win:
Baltimore, Arizona, Philadelphia, San Diego

Who I think will win:
Baltimore, Arizona, New York, San Diego

Who I would like to win

Giants - yeah, I know, fierce NFCE rival, but I generally root for my NFCE rivals sans Philly in the playoffs b/c there's just so much respect exchanged in the toughest division in all of football.

Panthers - I've always admired this team ever since John Fox took over-a team that always plays with alot of heart.

Titans - I've always admired Jeff Fisher as his teams always have a very tough mentality.

Chargers - wouldn't mind seeing them go all the way b/c it'll stick it into Jethro's ego and behind over what he could have had in Dallas with Norv instead of "Cupcake" Wade.

Who I don't give a darn about

Cardinals

Steelers

Who I won't root for

Eagles

Ravens

Pretty much 2 teams that the media is shoving the kool-aid into us despite them beating mediocre teams.

ill take the steelers and ten, and those are the teams i see winning

for nfc i want carolina and eagles...

but ill be rooting for carolina for the whole thing

I think Baltimore and Tennessee will be a close game. Something like a 10-10 tie with 2 minutes left.

Baltimore 13 Tennessee 10

I'll post my pick for Carolina-AZ in a bit.....

Leaning towards Arizona right now.... I'll let that thought marinate for a while.

I would like to see Tennesee win but I think the Ravens win that game. Their D is unbelievable right now and they have a servicable QB in Flacco. Better than anything they have had recently anyway.

I think Pittsburgh beats Chargers. How is it that LT is hurt every year during the playoffs and can't play? He has no heart.

How exactly does his heart re-attach the tendon in his groin? I guess Brady has no heart either. That wimp sat out the whole year and cost your team a playoff spot.

2-0 so far this week... other 2 predictions still to come.

How exactly does his heart re-attach the tendon in his groin? I guess Brady has no heart either. That wimp sat out the whole year and cost your team a playoff spot.

Same reason Philip Rivers didn't play in the playoffs last year with an ACL tear.

Oh wait, he DID play. Oh, right... that was Tomlinson who babied it up on the sidelines with only a sprained ligament.

Brady is different. No one will risk their career to play 16 games in the regular season. Just like Merriman.

Eagles over Giants.... determining my pick for Steelers-Chargers now, will post in a few.

Steelers win big. Trying to complete the perfect weekend, we'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST