PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff Machine: Make Your Predictions Here

Think the Chargers would be my one big surprise here. They have a legit pass rush, and are the only team to give us a hard time in the last month.

Basically I just consider them the best out of a lot of meh teams.

Think the Chargers would be my one big surprise here. They have a legit pass rush, and are the only team to give us a hard time in the last month.

Basically I just consider them the best out of a lot of meh teams.
They didn’t really give us a hard time at all.

Hard to see a 4-6 team suddenly going 5-1

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
I think we lose that game in Pitt but win there in the AFCCG.

Pats versus saint in SB

They didn’t really give us a hard time at all.

Hard to see a 4-6 team suddenly going 5-1
A much harder time than anyone else has. It did come down to the last play. Plus look at everyone else in that division.

They are 4-2 in their last 6 FWIW, maybe 9-7 is pushing it but not as far fetched as it seems.

A much harder time than anyone else has. It did come down to the last play. Plus look at everyone else in that division.

They are 4-2 in their last 6 FWIW, maybe 9-7 is pushing it but not as far fetched as it seems.

7-9 or 6-10

7-9 or 6-10
You realize they play the Browns and Jets right? And a Dallas that'll likely be without Tyron Smith and Lee again, and not to mention matchups against Chiefs and Raiders teams that are falling completely off the map.

Theyre nothing special, but their sched treats them well over the last 6 weeks.

1) Pats: 14-2
2) Steelers: 13-3
3) Chiefs: 12-4
4) Titans: 11-5
5) Jags: 11-5
6) Ravens: 9-7

1) Eagles: 14-2
2) Vikings: 13-3
3) Saints: 13-3
4) Rams: 11-5
5) Falcons: 11-5
6) Lions: 11-5

Pats beat the Steelers, Saints beat the Eagles.

Pretty fun. Some good games coming up in the next few weeks. Rams vs Eagle being one of them.

upload_2017-11-21_14-55-0.png

1. NE (13-3)
2. PIT (12-4)
3. JAX (11-5)
4. KC (10-6)
5. BAL (11-5)
6. TEN (9-7)
Just missed: LAC (9-7)

1. PHI (14-2)
2. MIN (13-3)
3. NO (13-3)
4. LAR (11-5)
5. ATL (11-5)
6. SEA (10-6)
Just missed: CAR (10-6), WAS (9-7), DET (9-7)

Wild card round:
6 TEN @ 3 JAX - 3 JAX
5 BAL @ 4 KC - 5 BAL
6 SEA @ 3 NO - 3 NO
5 ATL @ 4 LAR - 5 ATL

Divisional round:
5 BAL @ 1 NE - 1 NE
3 JAX @ 2 PIT - 3 JAX
5 ATL @ 1 PHI - 1 PHI
3 NO @ 2 MIN - 3 NO

Conference championships:
3 JAX @ 1 NE - 1 NE
3 NO @ 1 PHI - 3 NO

Super Bowl:
1A NE vs. 3N NO - ?????

You might notice that Baltimore went 11-5 and won a playoff game. This is not because they're good, they just have an easy road ahead (I'm calling it now, they're going into Pittsburgh and winning) and happen to draw KC in round 1. Look out for some Flacco inflation by the media next month...

Other little hot takes:
-Giants beat Washington week 17 and keep them out of the 6 seed
-Browns get a win against the Packers with no Rodgers

My brain tells me some combination of the Chargers, Panthers, Washington Football Team, and Cowboys sneak their way into the playoffs while the Chiefs play their way out of them, but there's really no room for those NFC teams.

I see us losing another game. I hate going into the playoffs with a long winning streak. I still feel we are the best team in the AFC but have to get it done on the field.

No way NO wins at Philly, especially in January.

Why, because it's outdoors in Philadelphia? These are not the Saints we're used to. Like us, they seem to play worse at home for whatever reason.

You realize they play the Browns and Jets right? And a Dallas that'll likely be without Tyron Smith and Lee again, and not to mention matchups against Chiefs and Raiders teams that are falling completely off the map.

Theyre nothing special, but their sched treats them well over the last 6 weeks.
They could easily lose to the jets in the road. They will lose to the cowboys on the road.
How are the 6-4 chiefs falling off the map compared to the 4-6 chargers? Raiders have the same record and better football players.

Why, because it's outdoors in Philadelphia? These are not the Saints we're used to. Like us, they seem to play worse at home for whatever reason.

have you ever seen drew brees play well in the cold? i haven’t, but maybe i’m wrong.

They could easily lose to the jets in the road. They will lose to the cowboys on the road.
How are the 6-4 chiefs falling off the map compared to the 4-6 chargers? Raiders have the same record and better football players.
Is that a serious question? The Chargers are 4-2 in their last six. The Chiefs are 1-4 in their last five.

The Raiders have Carr and Mack and then what? I love Carr but they are leaving the dude hostage this year. Defense sucks, O-line is miserable at Tackle position, and their WR's can't catch to save their lives.

Chargers have an experienced QB with a solid group of weapons on offense, and have possibly the most effective pass rush duo in the NFL on a defense that has no glaring weaknesses.

And the Raiders have better football players? Think again

You might notice that Baltimore went 11-5 and won a playoff game. This is not because they're good, they just have an easy road ahead (I'm calling it now, they're going into Pittsburgh and winning) and happen to draw KC in round 1. Look out for some Flacco inflation by the media next month...
Eh, I hear what you're saying with the sched, but Baltimore is wildly inconsistent so I can't see any way they win out.

I actually have them going 8-8. I think they do lose to Pitt, they lose to Detroit, and I actually think they fall to Cincy week 17. The Bengals always seem to be able to split with them.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back