PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Troll Agrees With Overturning the TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could be the arrogant fan and say no way, but the steelers seem like a different team this year. More consistent, have the ability to win close games(regardless of what people say about ‘ugly’ wins 11-3 is 11-3), and this is the most competitive theyve played us since ‘11. If theres a rematch we’ll need a better performance, as great as tb is you can only ask for so many 4th quarters like that.

Yeah man, my gut was telling me all game long they had this one. Then after that big Ju-Ju play, that was it. And they still found a way to lose. Curse-type stuff, really. I'm pretty sure the AFCG this year will be another barnburner, if it comes about. Gotta find a way to break the curse between now and then.

I say this as objectively as possible. A well-deserved win, but your team has some serious issues with 3rd down on both sides of the ball.

So you makes injury excuses, quote his list of key Patriot injuries (while directly avoiding his point) and then go on to say why you have an advantage while still trying to use injury excuses? You have no room to whine about injuries. Quit looking for excuses. Your defense is not even championship caliber. I consider the Jaguars a much tougher threat come January. That is how much I “respect” the Steelers. In fact, I don’t even see your overrated team getting past them should you see the Jags in the divisional round. They have an elite championship caliber defense and one that would really give New England problems.

Once they showed it close up, it was pretty unambiguous. Ball hit the ground and his hand slid out from under it. As questionable catch calls go, that one didn't strike me as a particularly difficult one. People get overly concerned with the goal line but you still have to complete the catch just like anywhere else on the field.
Exactly. The goal line had nothing to do with anything. Neither did his knee or making a 'football move' or anything else besides 'If you leave your feet to make a catch you have to control the ball to the ground.'

Apparently now it's controversial. It's a stupid rule that should be change in the offseason if you don't want "controversy"
I doubt it. Anything they could do to change it will cause way more controversies.

the only thing ill say is it looked like he had possession with one knee down, and then dove for the end zone, which in my mind is "making a football play"

i understand the outrage, but im happy we finally caught a break .
His knee is irrelevant. He hadn't been touched. he left his feet to make a catch and didn't maintain control to the ground.

So you makes injury excuses, quote his list of key Patriot injuries (while directly avoiding his point) and then go on to say why you have an advantage while still trying to use injury excuses? You have no room to whine about injuries. Quit looking for excuses. Your defense is not even championship caliber. I consider the Jaguars a much tougher threat come January. That is how much I “respect” the Steelers. In fact, I don’t even see your overrated team getting past them should you see the Jags in the divisional round. They have an elite championship caliber defense and one that would really give New England problems.

Bask in your win. Enjoy your night. Boast, etc. You were THAT close to being on the other side of the fence today.

I’ve been reading the rules for an hour. It’s not a catch. The steeler fans aren’t being honest about it either.only outright lunacy would get anyone thinking the nfl office rigged anything for New England.

I called it right away. Can't call that a secure catch.

The game was lost with conservative play calling at the end by Haley. Disgusted but hopefully AB will be back for the rematch. It'll make a difference. Great game.

Classy Post, GateKeeper. We may let you live, after all. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. I don't think my posts are all that trollish, but I like to keep things interesting. I actually kinda like the Pats. I like Tom. Gronk, not so much. His celebrations are highly annoying.

There may be a curse situation going on here. Pit deserved to win that game, by all accounts.

No. You're not a troll. Coming back here after a loss to say "Good game see you in January" is proof enough for me.

One of the craziest finishes to a game I've seen.

See you in January.

In any sane version of reality that is clearly a catch and a touchdown. But by the rules of 2017, which have been in place for a while now, that was 100% an incompletion. There is no rational, logic based position from which one can call that a completion.

You can take issue with the rule- a lot of people do, myself included. But not with the call. That was 100% the correct call.

Thank you. Here's to another 10 years. I'm sure Brady will still be playing. Not sure about Ben though...
What did you think about the way he threw his coaching staff under the bus? That seemed pretty low to me. I mean, it was still up to him whether to throw the ball or not. He could have thrown it out of the endzone and kicked the FG,

No. You're not a troll. Coming back here after a loss to say "Good game see you in January" is proof enough for me.

One of the craziest finishes to a game I've seen.

See you in January.

Yessir, instant classic. Let's hope there's one more!

In any sane version of reality that is clearly a catch and a touchdown. But by the rules of 2017, which have been in place for a while now, that was 100% an incompletion. There is no rational, logic based position from which one can call that a completion.

You can take issue with the rule- a lot of people do, myself included. But not with the call. That was 100% the correct call.

I knew it on the first replay. Was trying to figure out what Nance and Romo were on about, saying it would be upheld. The longer the review took, the more it was obvious that TD was getting deleted.

Wow, a lot of bold and condescending talk, after the narrowest of wins, from Pats fans who were trashing their own team all game long. (Yes, I followed the game thread.) To suggest the game wouldn't have been different with Brown in there is burying heads in the sand. Ben outplayed Brady until the last play. We'll see what happens in January.

Sure the game might have been different with Brown in there and Shazier, etc So what? We are missing essentially our entire WR corps by far our best pass rusher and our best tackle. Injuries are part of the game.

Apparently now it's controversial. It's a stupid rule that should be change in the offseason if you don't want "controversy"

It's only controversial because the Pats are involved. If this had happened in a Denver/Indy game nobody would care.

What did you think about the way he threw his coaching staff under the bus? That seemed pretty low to me. I mean, it was still up to him whether to throw the ball or not. He could have thrown it out of the endzone and kicked the FG,

His explanation made no sense. There was no "one more play." It was about to be 4th down. Having said that, there was clearly confusion on that play. Only one guy running a route with 4 or 5 guys covering him. But I'm pretty sure Ben had the same sense I did - the Pats were gonna win in OT. I think that's why he forced it.

I knew it on the first replay. Was trying to figure out what Nance and Romo were on about, saying it would be upheld. The longer the review took, the more it was obvious that TD was getting deleted.

I don't know about Nance, but Romo desperately wanted the Steelers to win.

Never crossed my mind that he didn' catch it

I can' believe ANYTHING that happened in the last 90 seconds.

Wow. Great game.
I never looked at it either at first. I just assumed it was a score and the game was over. It wasn't until Romo said something that I realized it wasn't a TD. It was the correct call based on the modern rules. But if you ask me, it was a catch. The rule will likely be examined because it worked in the Pats favor in a big game. ATL, at least to this point, was unsuccessful in trying to get the OT rule changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes