PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Troll Agrees With Overturning the TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatekeeper

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I called it right away. Can't call that a secure catch.

The game was lost with conservative play calling at the end by Haley. Disgusted but hopefully AB will be back for the rematch. It'll make a difference. Great game.

The game was lost with conservative play calling at the end by Haley. Disgusted but hopefully AB will be back for the rematch. It'll make a difference. Great game.

To be fair this right there is exactly whats wrong with the catch rule. I can imagine how pissed Steelers fans must be about it because I felt similarly frustrated about the huge play we gave up to put you into position at the end.

See you in January..

Once they showed it close up, it was pretty unambiguous. Ball hit the ground and his hand slid out from under it. As questionable catch calls go, that one didn't strike me as a particularly difficult one. People get overly concerned with the goal line but you still have to complete the catch just like anywhere else on the field.

Yeah, left hand slipped off the ball. No idea why Ben threw a risky pass like that at the end. He was about perfect all game til then. Again, disgusted.

My dad noticed after about seven replays. I can’t believe he did that.

AB isn’t leading your team to a Super Bowl. Teams with superstar wide receivers don’t win Super Bowls. Hell, even superstar running backs don’t do much to help those chances either. Those are the 2 most overrated positions to be elite at. You just need to have solid talent there. The Steelers defense has gotten worse over the past few weeks as well so they don’t have that to fall back on. The reliance on other teams imploding won’t be something they can fall back on in January either.

If your team gets that far (very unlikely) it'll essentially be 3 bye weeks for NE before SBLII, whether Brown plays or not.

Shades of the Tuck Rule game.

Wow, a lot of bold and condescending talk, after the narrowest of wins, from Pats fans who were trashing their own team all game long. (Yes, I followed the game thread.) To suggest the game wouldn't have been different with Brown in there is burying heads in the sand. Ben outplayed Brady until the last play. We'll see what happens in January.

Apparently now it's controversial. It's a stupid rule that should be change in the offseason if you don't want "controversy"

If it had been a PAtriots player that made that catch and it was ruled a TD, fans of other teams would have been up in arms... sometimes you can't win..
It was not a catch.....

Way too conservative on their 2nd to last drive. Meanwhile Pats refuse to take a field goal earlier and play to win the game.

I don't care if it was a catch or not a catch. I don't care if AB was injured just like Pissbugger fans don't care that Burkhead was injured.
I don't wish anyone an injury, but if they happen, my team benefits and it's not life at greatening, I'm not heading to the novena kneel down.

well said.......hope he is back for rematch

great game.....but you dont have to be a troll.....someone as smart as you should make an effort to be a productive poster

the only thing ill say is it looked like he had possession with one knee down, and then dove for the end zone, which in my mind is "making a football play"

i understand the outrage, but im happy we finally caught a break .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing