PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick your one Key for the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Gang, just throwing this out there....my key for this game is the run blocking, getting those guys upfield, chew up some clock....I think the Colts may score some points, I think our running game is awesome when hitting on all cylinders.

I would like to see a good mix of Maroney and lots of Dillon to pound them for 60 minutes, Dillon's value really comes through in the fourth quarter. I think he still has it in him....

Playaction passing. In the first game the Patriots were easy to defend and pretty much predictable. They also forced a lot of things that were not there. In order to force Bob Sanders and the rest of the defense from selling out on the run the fear of the deep pass must present itself. Draws and playaction passing must be a huge part of the game.

Stopping/Containing the pass. Though that might just be too tall an order.

Playaction passing. In the first game the Patriots were easy to defend and pretty much predictable. They also forced a lot of things that were not there. In order to force Bob Sanders and the rest of the defense from selling out on the run the fear of the deep pass must present itself. Draws and playaction passing must be a huge part of the game.

Along those lines I think Kevin Faulk will have a big game. He's usually good for at least on 10-15 yard run a game off the draw play the Pats run. I think we'll see a good dose of K. Faulk on screens and draws.

Getting Pressure right up the middle..and making sure when your wrap Peyton up to wrap his arms so he can't make BS throws (like the last game)..and when you have him moving in the pocket--like a bad rap song-- GET YOUR HANDS UP!!...No clear shots downfield ..

So long as our D-line can dominate, Our LBs and CB's WILL make plays..

another semi important key-- Make Receivers PAY..HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT HIT...give them aligator arms, have them tip toeing around...

Finish Blocks..make sure whom ever your engage with a block with, is on the floor .5 seconds later...Power always kills speed/finesse...

You can talk about match-ups all you want, but the key to the game is the same as it is for the vast majority of games - turnovers. And you can't really predict what or how many turnovers there will be. Other than turnovers, these teams are pretty well matched up.

If there is one other key, it will be the success of the front 7 in pressuring Manning (what else is new).

Getting ahead early will be key to a convincing win, which I think is important when you consider who's kicking for Indy if the game is on the line. :eek:

Aside from turnovers?

Third down.

Same as last week. Don't give them any reason to throw a flag on you. Luckily #29 of the San Diego Chargers didn't read that bit of advice before the game last week.

My key for the game:

Brady, don't get into a shooting match with Manning. I think most of the problems Brady was having in the reg. season game was that he saw Peyton passing at will on our D and wanted to match him pass-for-pass.

Slow the game down, Tom. Play your brand of offense and don't let the Manning/Brady thing get into your head. In other words, play smart.

Effective Patriot ground game and play action passing to complement the attack.

The obvious ones are turnovers and pass defense.

The corners must hit the WR's at the LOS, and then cover well. The linebackers need to be effective against the TE's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes