Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should we try to pick the meat off the bones of the poor Dolts?

• Let's get to work, baby.

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Patience is a virtue, but let's consider it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thoughts and prayers for the luckless losers keep the trades away.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irsay’s pad probably looks like a CVS pharmacy right about now after receiving the news. F that guy.

I hope they just accept defeat now rather than squirm like a dying insect for sixteen games. Just know all hope is lost, and that sets you free.
Why do you hope that? Who cares?

You know who won less Super Bowls than Nick Foles and Mark Rypien?

Andrew Luck.

Probably not a compelling argument. But the facts don't lie.
If you think foles so far has been a better an than luck, we disagree.

If you think foles so far has been a better an than luck, we disagree.
Luck is amazing in the regular season. But victories deep into the playoffs and, more importantly, Super Bowl wins are what matter.

Just look at his final playoff game: To only score 13 against that porous Chief defense is an outrage.

He just wasn't the guy when it counted deep into the playoffs, talent be damned. Foles caught lightning in a bottle, but there had to be something inside him to find that edge when it counted most. I take a guy like that any day over Luck and his pedestrian effort deep into the postseason.

Luck is amazing in the regular season. But victories deep into the playoffs and, more importantly, Super Bowl wins are what matter.

Just look at his final playoff game: To only score 13 against that porous Chief defense is an outrage.

He just wasn't the guy when it counted deep into the playoffs, talent be damned. Foles caught lightning in a bottle, but there had to be something inside him to find that edge when it counted most. I take a guy like that any day over Luck and his pedestrian effort deep into the postseason.

We disagree.

Why do you hope that? Who cares?
Anyone looking to take advantage cares. If they accept they are going to be terrible, they'll be more likely to flip assets now. Hence the forum thread on the topic of picking them clean. They've got guys on the final year of their contracts who we could use to make another deep run.

Anyone looking to take advantage cares. If they accept they are going to be terrible, they'll be more likely to flip assets now. Hence the forum thread on the topic of picking them clean. They've got guys on the final year of their contracts who we could use to make another deep run.
We have a 1/31 chance of improving while the rest of the league combined has a 30/31 chance.
But they won’t sell off anyway.

Agreed, but it doesn't matter - the Pats benefit either way.

Maybe but the Pats own the Colts, Luck or no Luck, and don’t play them this year in the regular season. On the other hand, the Chiefs game against the Colts week 5 just got significantly easier.

I bet the Colts let the season play out, then decide how close they are to contending. If they make the playoffs, they shouldn’t blow it up. If they go 5-11, firesale time. Maybe even mid season trades

The issue is you need to take a deeper look into that game. You can't just say 13 points and you didn't get the job done. The Colts started slow which doomed them. It didn't matter what you do in the 3rd, 4th and 2nd quarter if you sleep in the 1st. The Colts forgot to establish the run. This was their big mistake. When you trail 14-0 at Arrowhead against a team with the best pass rush in football and one of the best offenses in the history of football, you already lost.

It is shocking and sad -- at least from a fan of the game perspective -- that Andrew Luck is retiring. My question is whether it is time to try to pick the bones of that franchise while the getting is good. Hear me out.

I'm sure the Colts front office is as shocked as the rest of us. With their roster containing a decent amount of talent that will now go to waste, we may find they are willing to deal assets for future picks. So with them potentially going into firesale mode, do we call early and try to catch them at a weak/unprepared moment with trade offers?

TLDR: Let's pick them clean.
They have a young QB with some potential. Brissett is better than 2017 suggests, he was let down by the absolute roster incompetence of the FO that had been living in denial for years because Luck's obvious talent keep bailing them out. Their new FO has been doing solid work at plugging their most obvious gaps and their roster is on an upward trending path right now.

With new management and a shored-up roster I don't think they're going to blow it up this year. I don't think they're going to be massively successful but I also don't think they'll make any knee-jerk moves. They'll spend this year seeing whether they have something in Brissett and grading out their other new blood. We might see some moves in the trade deadline to cut away some dead wood.

I honestly think that as Colts GM I would consider my job to be to assess and restructure, but not to panic and blow it all up. The owner will play a role in the decision making however and we'll see how that goes.

The “Tank for Tua” yard sale has begun

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye