2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Bye Week

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Should we try to pick the meat off the bones of the poor Dolts?

• Let's get to work, baby.

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Patience is a virtue, but let's consider it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thoughts and prayers for the luckless losers keep the trades away.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePatsFan26

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
It is shocking and sad -- at least from a fan of the game perspective -- that Andrew Luck is retiring. My question is whether it is time to try to pick the bones of that franchise while the getting is good. Hear me out.

I'm sure the Colts front office is as shocked as the rest of us. With their roster containing a decent amount of talent that will now go to waste, we may find they are willing to deal assets for future picks. So with them potentially going into firesale mode, do we call early and try to catch them at a weak/unprepared moment with trade offers?

TLDR: Let's pick them clean.

jboston19

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
I just scoured the Colts roster and, as a BC fan, am horrified to see Anthony Castonzo is going in to his ninth season. Seems like just yesterday he was at chestnut hill....

MainePatsFan26

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
I just scoured the Colts roster and, as a BC fan, am horrified to see Anthony Castonzo is going in to his ninth season. Seems like just yesterday he was at chestnut hill....
Tempus fugit, especially if you are Andrew Luck's professional football career.

Triumph

Pro Bowl Player
Welcome to the 2012 NFL draft.

With the first pick the Colts select...

Round 1
1- A Luck
2- RG3
8- Ryan Tannyhill
22- Brandon Weeden

Round 2
57- Brock Orsweiller

Round 3
75 - Russell Wilson
88 - Nick Foles

UptownPatsFan

Standin' Pat
Welcome to the 2012 NFL draft.

With the first pick the Colts select...

Round 1
1- A Luck
2- RG3
8- Ryan Tannyhill
22- Brandon Weeden

Round 2
57- Brock Orsweiller

Round 3
75 - Russell Wilson
88 - Nick Foles
Bruh...what’s your point? Both Wilson & Foles had better teams around them. Not to mention, better organizations as well. Also, Mahomes lucked up into a nearly perfect/ ideal scenario with Andy Reid and is surrounded by nothing by talent. Heck, the defense sucked but didn’t they lead the league in sacks or were very close to it? Indisputable.

Last edited:

Patsgofor4

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Doyle and Ebron are both scheduled to be UFA next offseason. One of them could be available now....or at least at the trade deadline, if all hope is lost at that point.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Wall of Fame Member
Colts won’t dump players. They will say they can win without luck. They won’t. 3-13

Status
Not open for further replies.