PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Pick 37, Patriots Select Safety Kyle Dugger (Division2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hightower, Watson, Gronk, Light, Branch

It hasnt been a total disiater.

None of those people are DBs, and only three of them were drafted in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
None of those people are BDs, and only three of them were drafted in the 2nd round.

Keep McDaniels out of the draft room or on mute on Zoom. No more NKeal Harry, Aaron Dobson, Chad Jackson, Sony Michel, or Maroney bust picks at 1/2nd round.

Keep McDaniels out of the draft room or on mute on Zoom. No more NKeal Harry, Aaron Dobson, Chad Jackson, Sony Michel, or Maroney bust picks at 1/2nd round.

BB, and not McDaniels, drafted those guys. The question is how much input on them did or didn’t the scouts have. I’m not high on Harry. He’s slow as **** and needs to learn to use his body more to create separation. But the jury is still out on him.

BB, and not McDaniels, drafted those guys. The question is how much input on them did or didn’t the scouts have. I’m not high on Harry. He’s slow as **** and needs to learn to use his body more to create separation. But the jury is still out on him.

All the WRs and RBs drafted while McDaniels has been the main OC voice have been terrible. Zero-trucking ability guys like Sony Michel and Maroney with 1st round picks. High picks for zero route running WRs like NKeal Harry, Aaron Dobson, and Chad Jackson. Michael Holley's book 15 years ago revealed how Belichick listened to McDaniels' crappy opinion over all his national scouts about Maroney. Belichick is at the mercy of having to trust his assistant coaches. Thankfully Scar has helped us draft well on OLine

gotta admit, this was a name i only saw a few times ahead of the draft, and knew very little, if not nothing, about him

the more i read, the more i watch, the more i like

excited about the pick, actually.....

and agreed with whomever said BB drafts to beat the teams he needs to beat......coverage of TE's and the tough routes over the middle, owning the middle of the field, is a need agains the elite of the AFC......this kid could go a long way towards that

All the WRs and RBs drafted while McDaniels has been the main OC voice have been terrible. Zero-trucking ability guys like Sony Michel and Maroney with 1st round picks. High picks for zero route running WRs like NKeal Harry, Aaron Dobson, and Chad Jackson. Michael Holley's book 15 years ago revealed how Belichick listened to McDaniels' crappy opinion over all his national scouts about Maroney. Belichick is at the mercy of having to trust his assistant coaches. Thankfully Scar has helped us draft well on OLine
I think it has more to do with going from Reese to Caserio.

I came here just to read what @BaconGrundleCandy says. Thanks man, I appreciate the homework.

I think it has more to do with going from Reese to Caserio.

I wouldn't disagree except that Maroney/ChadJackson are too eerily similar to the Michel/Dobson/Harry busts and the common denominator is not Caserio but McDaniels

gotta admit, this was a name i only saw a few times ahead of the draft, and knew very little, if not nothing, about him

the more i read, the more i watch, the more i like

excited about the pick, actually.....

and agreed with whomever said BB drafts to beat the teams he needs to beat......coverage of TE's and the tough routes over the middle, owning the middle of the field, is a need agains the elite of the AFC......this kid could go a long way towards that

If this kid can shut down Kelce and also Lamar Jackson then we'll be winning a couple more afc trophies

I wouldn't disagree except that Maroney/ChadJackson are too eerily similar to the Michel/Dobson/Harry busts and the common denominator is not Caserio but McDaniels

It's stunningly premature to label Harry a bust. Not to mention Michel who was rather instrumental in the last SB victory.

So, from people I'm reading (not my own opinion, as I don't watch a lot of college football), it sounds like what we've got is:

A) A kid (and yes, if you don't think 24 is a kid, then you are not very old yourself) who can come in year one and be a ST contributor and at least beat out Terrance Brooks for 4th safety snaps.

B) Possibly beat out Chung/Phillips for more regular safety rotation snaps next to McCourty.

C) Is a freakish athlete that BB will have the chance to polish into an every down starter down the road.

That all sounds good to me at 37. I've always had the philosophy that you use the draft to add competition to groups that need it, not necessarily for year 1 (though that's a bonus), but for years 2 and 3. With McCourty and Chung both in their mid 30's, this pick does that.

Cool. So gave up 2 catches out of 5 attempts with 1 interception. Not bad.

There was only one play where he got beat. The other catch was a good catch and good throw.

So, from people I'm reading (not my own opinion, as I don't watch a lot of college football), it sounds like what we've got is:

A) A kid (and yes, if you don't think 24 is a kid, then you are not very old yourself) who can come in year one and be a ST contributor and at least beat out Terrance Brooks for 4th safety snaps.

B) Possibly beat out Chung/Phillips for more regular safety rotation snaps next to McCourty.

C) Is a freakish athlete that BB will have the chance to polish into an every down starter down the road.

That all sounds good to me at 37. I've always had the philosophy that you use the draft to add competition to groups that need it, not necessarily for year 1 (though that's a bonus), but for years 2 and 3. With McCourty and Chung both in their mid 30's, this pick does that.

I dunno, I'm 24 and I consider myself fully washed up.

Would be amazing if this kid becomes anything close to Rodney in 2022.

He should have a steep learning curve, but if he has the skillset for man coverage against TEs and spying rpo QBs, he could be very useful the first couple years before he can get everything under his belt.

I had a 2nd on him so I like the value. S/Hybrid is a big time need. Our S corp is aging and this is actually a great situation for Dugger to learn in under Chung & DMC. He's an enforcer that can cover, roam, tackle. Again from above ... Think Box/over hang defender. Spy. Should make a living in the MOF, underneath, flat/sidelines. He's a beast. On the PTP
View attachment 27073

Yeah I think he is our Chung replacement. Ever since Chung's return from the Eagles, he has played on the above average safety ratings in the NFL, often times play like top elite safeties. For the money he is paid he is definitely worth it. Hope Kyle can take over his shoes, Chung is aging fast and his NFL career is near the twilight zone as we speak now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back