PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Pick 37, Patriots Select Safety Kyle Dugger (Division2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams can play SS.
Ok ???

It's a multiple defense league. What if we want to put JoJo on a big slot? Dugger on a TE. Playing as a hang defender? Spy?

I was familiar with him from the Senior Bowl. I never thought in a million years they’d take him in the 2nd, though. I hope he breaks the dry streak of 2nd round DBs this team has been on.

People are getting hyped over a senior bowl. Over practices.

What about joejuan? A safety is not gonna help this team win games next year.
He is not stout enough to play in the box. Different type of player. Dugger is a laser.

Last edited:
Plenty of needs on the team, guys. One pick in the 2nd round isn't going to fill them all. Definitely always down with upgrades to the secondary.

I was familiar with him from the Senior Bowl. I never thought in a million years they’d take him in the 2nd, though. I hope he breaks the dry streak of 2nd round DBs this team has been on.
Yea I thought him and Chinn solidified themselves as top 60-75 guys with the years they had. They had pretty decent buzz all year.

It's just tough reading "I've never seen him play, he sucks" over & over. I definitely get the need for offensive power. We need it.

Looks like the kid could bring attitude to the defense... I just hope we address the front 7 issues because the Ravens and Titans ran right over us .. we also need o line depth and be able to run the ball

He is not stout enough to play in the bos. Different type of player. Duggar is a laser.

We shall see. You think this kid will start over Chung or he will be a bench player that will get snaps here or there?

Also for anyone wondering Dugger was S2 in terms of testing. Metellus, Dugger, Thomas, Reed & Gilman. Combined with his talents you can see why we like him.

Maybe not the guy some had in mind. I get it. We're rebuilding guys. This team will look 100% different in 2 years. Dugger, hopefully will be our Bob Sanders, in a few years.

We shall see. You think this kid will start over Chung or he will be a bench player that will get snaps here or there?

The way Chung has been regressing lately, I expect Dugger and Adrian Phillips to see some real snaps.

My guess is that he plays all the ST coverages and meaningful snaps on D as S3.

Athletic freak and led the Senior Bowl in tackles. I have a very good feeling about this pick

Also for anyone wondering Dugger was S2 in terms of testing. Metellus, Dugger, Thomas, Reed & Gilman. Combined with his talents you can see why we like him.

Maybe not the guy some had in mind. I get it. We're rebuilding guys. This team will look 100% different in 2 years. Dugger, hopefully will be our Bob Sanders, in a few years.

If this kid ends up being a bust what will you say? Listen a week in a senior
Bowl doesn’t mean much. The fact of the matter is that he played division II football. I feel there’s better talent out and position of much greater need.

You can find safeties. This team has issues upfront defensively. How much playing time you think he will get in 2020. Tell me?
Harmon gone, injuries/Chung a year older. Could have some run. I'm not a coach though. I just grade draft picks. From that standpoint, I'm happy being on the same page as the NFL, having a 2nd on him.

Don't worry there will be other picks to complain about :)

I hear "small school" I think of a player looking to be a big fish in a lil pond. Hope I'm wrong.....

What about joejuan? A safety is not gonna help this team win games next year.
You don’t think having a guy in this team that can cover TE’s and RB’s out of the backfield won’t help us win games? You need DB’s on the field that are strong against the run (ravens) you need guys that can defend against the million 6’3”+ WR’s coming into the league. You need DB’s to cover the Kelce’s of the league. How does a guy that can do all of that not help you win games?

Is this our annual BB Draft day WTF moment??

Aside from an excellent senior bowl, we have no idea how he will do against more elite talent.. but the film looks good. OTOH it is supposed to look good..

As time passes consider how BB has changed from the days of "Two Way Troy" & Tiquan to an elite D backfield..

He looks like a great athlete, and that’s really what I want to see out of this draft. The Patriots need to add speed and athleticism and this pick looks like it does it at a position of need( Chung’ssuccessor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back