PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PHOTO/VIDEO: Thornton Bulking Up

Despite what some posters have said, it's not very difficult do. He has the time and resources. It just comes down to whether he wants to or not.

fe637037-e8e2-4cc9-a66b-24b60f58348d_text.gif

His arms are incredibly long...

Well if he runs a 4.7 40 them maybe he can replace Smith at TE….

I want more QUICKNESS from him. Hopefully add strength will help with that
His numbers are bizarre because he had a 1.41s 10 yard split in the combine 40 -- which has to be close to the record -- yet only ran a 7.25s 3-cone at his pro day. He only did 36.5" vertical at the combine but 38.5" at his pro day, yet "only" ran a 4.39s there. So he's really physically inconsistent which to me sounds like diet and lifestyle related. Besides tiny hands and a thin frame his big issue is lateral agility so hopefully he's able to work on that somehow.

Despite what some posters have said, it's not very difficult do. He has the time and resources. It just comes down to whether he wants to or not.
A lot of players are skinny coming out and can make meaningful progress with their playing weight in year 2 with a full NFL off-season. I think that helped Mac a lot, even if he wasn’t substantially stronger, his overall build was a lot better.

Hope it doesn’t slow him down.
Jeudy and Thornton could be a beautiful 1-2 punch.

Usually you have to put on a significant amount of muscle mass to make a significant impact on speed. If he puts on like 10 LBs, it shouldn't significantly affect his speed especially if the mass is well distributed on his body and not just his upper part,

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back