PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Photo showing Brady's throwing hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finger looks fine, but look at that smile! Looks like he just won the super bowl.

Now that he's got his 1,000 yards, let's not see him play running back or wide receiver anymore.

Yep. Basically Gronk is having the same career as Larry did. Best in the game but back problems both cut their careers short (at least that is what I think will happen to Gronk)

I think Larry mangled the finger during a baseball/softball game a couple of months before he was supposed to report to the Celtics. He said he had to change his whole shooting style the summer before his rookie year. Crazy.

Larry said his senior year at ISU enabled him to grow more as a leader and be comfortable carrying the load in big pressure games and allow his body to be strong enough to deal with the pounding he took (and dished out) on a nightly basis in the NBA.
RW is 100% correct on how Larry Bird mangled his finger. I remember reading about this in the Globe a short while after it happened. I forget if it was a line drive that he tried to catch with two hands or a throw he tried to catch with two hands. Either way, it did permanently bend one of the fingers on his shooting hand before he ever played a game for the Celtics. It makes you wonder what his shooting % would have been if this had never happened...not that it was that bad in the first place!!

RW is 100% correct on how Larry Bird mangled his finger. I remember reading about this in the Globe a short while after it happened. I forget if it was a line drive that he tried to catch with two hands or a throw he tried to catch with two hands. Either way, it did permanently bend one of the fingers on his shooting hand before he ever played a game for the Celtics. It makes you wonder what his shooting % would have been if this had never happened...not that it was that bad in the first place!!

Larry Bird rarely ever missed a shot when it mattered. I don't see how he could have done any better.

My favorite Bird quote was when he scored his 10,000th point. After an ovation that seemed to last forever the crowd finally went silent and Bird responded with "if I knew it was going to be such a big deal I would have done it sooner."

Jerry Garcia had a pretty good run.

Page 68-69 in the Bird/Magic book. Larry was in left field and the ball mangled his index finger. Shattered knuckle. Surgery. Bone chips. Pins. Bird hadn't signed his rookie contract yet. Bird worked on his new shot. Red heard and put Larry through a workout. Larry was the same player. Red let Larry sign the contract. Incredible

He had it surgically modified to allow him to get better spin (while maintaining grip strength) on the football.

That'll be a 4 game suspension and 1 mil fine just for saying that and of course no real proof is warranted by goodell* & 345 park ave*

zBadelle.png

I didn't know that Brady had such small hands.

Torry Holt is another good one:

ongm21n.jpg

I remember reading somewhere this is especially common with WRs, byproduct of catching a ton of bullets over a lot of years.

Page 68-69 in the Bird/Magic book. Larry was in left field and the ball mangled his index finger. Shattered knuckle. Surgery. Bone chips. Pins. Bird hadn't signed his rookie contract yet. Bird worked on his new shot. Red heard and put Larry through a workout. Larry was the same player. Red let Larry sign the contract. Incredible

It's like Larry did everything he could to sabotage his career (like throwing out his back shoveling gravel for his mom's driveway) but he was so good he was an all-time great anyway.

It's like Larry did everything he could to sabotage his career (like throwing out his back shoveling gravel for his mom's driveway) but he was so good he was an all-time great anyway.
Think about it....

If Larry neglected his finger and not have the surgery to fix it, he would not have been the player he became and basically been a role player his career.

Last edited:
He had it surgically modified to allow him to get better spin (while maintaining grip strength) on the football.

Or perhaps it's just his finger being captured in a moment of time and it's otherwise normal.

He's certainly no Anthony Munoz
anthony_munoz_broken_finger_STACK.jpg

Jeez.. i feel like with medicine the way it is, they should be able to reconstruct your finger back to normal??

I mean, some of these guys have the money to do it, wouldnt you want to spend some of that on getting your bodyparts to work again?

May be only interesting to me, but it looks like he's posing in the Claritate Dextra "the right hand is clear" pose of the MacBrady coat of arms.
brady.jpg
2018-Week-13-Tom-Brady-6l4VQ-600w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes