Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
From the photo taken vs. Vikings after his first-down scramble: Just now noticed the crooked middle finger on his throwing hand. Could just be the photo, but looks like it might've been broken at some point. Interesting.

2018-Week-13-Tom-Brady-6l4VQ-600w.jpg

Hopefully it's not the beginning of arthritis.

He had it surgically modified to allow him to get better spin (while maintaining grip strength) on the football.

Or perhaps it's just his finger being captured in a moment of time and it's otherwise normal.

He's certainly no Anthony Munoz
anthony_munoz_broken_finger_STACK.jpg

He had it surgically modified to allow him to get better spin (while maintaining grip strength) on the football.

Or perhaps it's just his finger being captured in a moment of time and it's otherwise normal.

He should have pulled a Ronnie Lott and gotten that bad boy amputated.

Munoz was a badass but why not get that fixed? Why go through life like that?

Maybe it's convenient for stirring drinks?

..or when typing he can have his left hand way over to right and still be able to reach all the keys on the left.

middle finger gate

Or Brian Baldinger
upload_2018-12-4_10-9-37.jpeg

Another Boston legend had divergent digits, too.

76A8CC87-D912-42E7-B5CF-D2D16A7E8FB1.jpeg

That pic has obviously been shopped. I just did a search at the Pats website to find another look at that hand and it looks perfect to me. See for yourself...

xuhwmwjnpy4y.jpg

It looks like it's bent the way it's supposed to. I don't see anything here.

Roger Staubach's fingers went every which way, life in the NFL.

....and Larry will say he was a 10x better shooter before injuring the finger.

I have always wondered how good he would have been if not for him playing baseball his last year at ISU.....

I have always wondered how good he would have been if not for him playing baseball his last year at ISU.....
You think he would not be as good if he left his junior year?

Personally I think his senior year helped him. I think Larry said that once.

You think he would not be as good if he left his junior year?

Personally I think his senior year helped him. I think Larry said that once.

I think he would have been great eventually...and maybe moreso with a straight shooting finger. But you have a point...that NCAA title game run might have been very developmental for Larry.

Damn, that 12 year career just went by in a blink of an eye....makes you appreciate Brady even more for playing 18 years....

I think he would have been great eventually...and maybe moreso with a straight shooting finger. But you have a point...that NCAA title game run might have been very developmental for Larry.

Damn, that 12 year career just went by in a blink of an eye....makes you appreciate Brady even more for playing 18 years....

Yep. Basically Gronk is having the same career as Larry did. Best in the game but back problems both cut their careers short (at least that is what I think will happen to Gronk)

I think Larry mangled the finger during a baseball/softball game a couple of months before he was supposed to report to the Celtics. He said he had to change his whole shooting style the summer before his rookie year. Crazy.

Larry said his senior year at ISU enabled him to grow more as a leader and be comfortable carrying the load in big pressure games and allow his body to be strong enough to deal with the pounding he took (and dished out) on a nightly basis in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots