PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PHOTO: Jakobi Meyers Looks Ahead To Year Two In The NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanu just got his boot off. His injury was more severe than what was let on, give the guy a break. I trust you weren't one of those calling for Cassel to replace Brady after Brady's ACL (lots of posts calling for Cassel on this board)?
You're correct, I wasn't...Bill put an end to that question quickly anyway, when he traded Cassel to KC...

Check out the video in the Delfonte Diamond Instagram link from this article. Is it possible Nkeal Harry has gotten less explosive this offseason? Hopefully he keeps the receipt from this stuff.

N’Keal Harry’s New Instagram Shows Patriots WR Putting In Serious Work
P7JAhy1.gif

Sanu just got his boot off. His injury was more severe than what was let on, give the guy a break. I trust you weren't one of those calling for Cassel to replace Brady after Brady's ACL (lots of posts calling for Cassel on this board)?
I blame Billy's asinine decision putting him back returning punts when he only returned ONE his entire career! They just traded a 2nd round pick so they could get help at WR yet hung him out to dry returning a damn punt? Chalk this up as another blunder by Billy.

Sanu played on an injury he shouldn't have.

I blame Billy's asinine decision putting him back returning punts when he only returned ONE his entire career! They just traded a 2nd round pick so they could get help at WR yet hung him out to dry returning a damn punt? Chalk this up as another blunder by Billy.

Sanu played on an injury he shouldn't have.
Agreed, the AB signing was a massive blunder and Sanu trade was a massive overpay.

BB was also trying to placate a disgruntled older QB who didn't want to train the rookies. Kraft specifically said Brady signed off on AB because he knew it could blow up in their face.

Tom was annoyed the Pats cut AB even after he threatened a single mother and her children... the blunder is shared amongst all the Patriots leadership... including 12.

Agreed, the AB signing was a massive blunder and Sanu trade was a massive overpay.

BB was also trying to placate a disgruntled older QB who didn't want to train the rookies. Kraft specifically said Brady signed off on AB because he knew it could blow up in their face.

Tom was annoyed the Pats cut AB even after he threatened a single mother and her children... the blunder is shared amongst all the Patriots leadership... including 12.
I also didn't like Gordon being brought back after letting the team down in 2018. He did it again in 2019.

Had the Pats not cut AB, Goodell would have suspended him. Results the same

I also didn't like Gordon being brought back after letting the team down in 2018. He did it again in 2019.
Agreed, my biggest gripe of 2019 was not committing to training the young weapons and they probably should have kept Demaryius Thomas.

Agreed, the point being Tom was pouting over weapons, which precipitated the Sanu trade. Sanu for a 2nd was a massive overpay for just "good."

They could have used Gunner and still had a capable punt returner. They could have plugged Jakobi Meyers in there instead of Sanu, the two are basically interchangeable... but Tom didn't want rookies and was too injured to practice.

The biggest question about our WRs has absolutely nothing to do with them.

The Bb/McD solution for the "arguably GOAT" TE retirement was to sign the guy we drafted before him, arguably most famous for not chasing down Champ Bailey.

If the TEs taken are simply decent and durable, it will be a major upgrade.

Given Brady's interest in personel decisions, perhaps he was as peeved as many here watching that Bama RB taken early get scratched. While watching plenty of young WRs play pretty damn well on bad teams, and Kraft slipping down the action on accusation slippery slope w/ the walking CTE warning label, most gifted and divisive WR on the planet. Seriously, doesn't the NFL owe that man a personal handler to help him not self destruct after those Burfict incidents. Yes. With an s, remember?

Brady has ridiculous weapons on paper in Tampa. Great excuse to travel to florida, get some gulf fishing in, and try to watch the GOAT do his thing live.

It will also be interesting to watch this defense continue to grow. Theres some talented pieces on that roster. A big man capable of disrupting the run game looks like a necessity again. Tenn, Balt were run first. Jackson will come back to earth. Those TEs were understandably wide open often. Theyre 3 deep with more than capable run blockers and better than average receivers. Good luck figuring out which guys to keep when Jackson demands the mint, rather than brinks truck. Holy hell what a nightmare long term decision for taking on that individual focused vet RB. Talented, but a rb none the less. Dime a dozen, outside that beast in Tennessee. Holy hell what a hostile target to manage. Seems like theres 1-2 backs like him in the league at any given moment. Just massive, freak athletes.

BB was also trying to placate a disgruntled older QB who didn't want to train the rookies...
Perhaps he didn't want to train them because he could tell early on that they will end up in the same scrap heap in which All of Bill's other drafted/UDFA'd WRs - except for Branch, Givens, Edelman & damaged-goods Mal Mitchell, in 18 years - end up...

And the suspension would have ended before the regular season would have...

Perhaps he didn't want to train them because he could tell early on that they will end up in the same scrap heap in which All of Bill's other drafted/UDFA'd WRs - except for Branch, Givens, Edelman & damaged-goods Mal Mitchell, in 18 years - end up...
Tom worked with the 1-A team in camp and preseason, which at the time was predominantly older vets who eventually got cut. Then late in the season he was too injured to practice when injuries forced the rookies into the lineup. Brady wanted vet WR's. Its fair to say he felt entitled to them and pushed for them.

Jakobi played well until Brady undressed him (again) on the field against the Browns, then had him benched the remainder of the game and the next game. Against the Jets and Giants prior to the Browns Jakobi caught 9 straight targets and only missed an impossible grab to end the streak, he caught 87% of his targets until that game. He looked unstoppable in preseason with Stidham (led the entire NFL in receiving) and Gunner looked good with him as well.

Not saying either of them are amazing athletes, I'd compare Jakobi to young Sanu and Gunner to young Amendola is terms of athleticism alone. But I think they'll turn into serviceable receivers here of elsewhere. Gunner's versatility makes him unique if he continues to improve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back