PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Brady ruling expected this week, litigation seen as inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further, if one of Brady's angles for a lawsuit seeking to vacate the NFL's appeal decision is that the appeals process was irregular, the NFL blatantly violating the CBA by delaying the decision right up to the start of the season changes this into a prima facie case. If anything, that would be great for Brady's chances of first receiving a preliminary injunction and then getting Goodell's decision vacated so he can re-arbitrate the appeal.
Does that mean Goodell can turn to the rest of the 31 teams and say "Brady was guilty, but they beat it on a technicality"?

During Brady's appeal, will the referees measure footballs at half-time on request in 2015? Will Goodell launch a $5 million dollar investigation if one or both teams have footballs out of range? If both team footballs are out of range, will he only fine one team?

If they do, the NFL will spend a lot of money and there will be a ton of evidence that this is normal occurrence. If not, it shows the NFL only cared that one game and spent a ton of money to try to nail the Patriots. In any case, it's a win for the Patriots.

Real question is, which team will complain first? Maybe Texans will host the Colts in a hot game and complain that Luck's 13.5 psi might be 15 psi, but that's Oct 8.

Chiefs @ Texans at noon, Sep 8 might work!

This whole thing is ridiculous. Gronk already explained everything back in January; if only Goodell had listened...

B7xDxzGCIAIwhzk.jpg

What exactly does Jetdell mean by "WE," I thought he was the sole arbitrator?

He's probably referring to the NFL* front office types who still need more time to scrub their cell phones and email servers.

Get this sham of an appeal over so we can get on with the court case, the injunction, Brady playing 19 games, then Brady winning in court, then Brady suing for defamation of character in a civil trial and winning THAT.

Goodell will be washing Tom Brady's car, like that guy Biff in Back to the Future.

BiffWax.jpg

Weren't they supposed to publish the
Get this sham of an appeal over so we can get on with the court case, the injunction, Brady playing 19 games, then Brady winning in court, then Brady suing for defamation of character in a civil trial and winning THAT.

Goodell will be washing Tom Brady's car, like that guy Biff in Back to the Future.

BiffWax.jpg

"He's an idiot. Parents are idiots too. Comes from upbringing."

-Marty's grandfather speaking of Roger Goodell.

The NFL is desperate for more publicity, hence the reason why Goodell is taking his sweet little time to make the obvious decision that will lead to court.

Another day in the books. How many hours do we think Goodell spent today thinking about the appeal in a fair and open way?

Does that mean Goodell can turn to the rest of the 31 teams and say "Brady was guilty, but they beat it on a technicality"?

If I were one of the 31 teams, I would respond by saying, "and whose fault was that? Yours. You didn't properly execute the job we're paying you to do."

That strategy works for Goodell to appease the public, but it gets him into trouble with the 31 other owners. Goodell probably is dumb enough to try it though, thinking he's made of Teflon based on the issues he's survived already.

If I were one of the 31 teams, I would respond by saying, "and whose fault was that? Yours. You didn't properly execute the job we're paying you to do."

That strategy works for Goodell to appease the public, but it gets him into trouble with the 31 other owners. Goodell probably is dumb enough to try it though, thinking he's made of Teflon based on the issues he's survived already.
Thanks to the pathetic Putz that owns the Pats he has already appeased the other 31 owners by the punishment inflicted on the Pats. In the long run the loss of the first pick is more important than the Brady punishment. Not only that he can assure the other owners that there will be a next time with another sham violation to get BB while the Putz cowers in the corner again.

This is seriously the stupidest thing I think I've ever seen! WTH could be taking so long? There's not a active investigation going on, he's just considering the information given to him a month ago in the appeal, I mean the only person Roger Goddell is waiting on is Roger Goddell! It's so annoying that he thinks he's that damn special!

I knew Roger Goodell was stupid, but with this decision taking more than 6 months and a couple of months since the appeal i truly think that Goodell might have a mild case of mental ******ation. I really think that he should be tested.

IQ Range ("ratio IQ") IQ Classification
175 and over
Precocious
150–174 Very superior
125–149 Superior
115–124 Very bright
105–114 Bright
95–104 Average
85–94 Dull
75–84 Borderline
50–74 Morons
25–49 Imbeciles