PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Belichick sees Dramatic Improvement in Mac

According to some observations his arm is stronger, but not in Josh Allens league

As for the things that actually matter, Jones’ arm looks stronger (as does the rest of him, which you’ve certainly read about by now). There’s more zip on his short passes and the deep ball impressed last month at minicamp. He’s not about to whip passes like Josh Allen, but there’s a marked improvement here.

Josh Allen may have the strongest arm in football at the QB position. Comparing Jones to him isn’t fair nor does Jones have to have Allen’s arm strength to become an elite QB. And when I say that I am not saying I think Jones will become elite, but just that a QB doesn’t need Allen’s arm strength to be elite.

Definitely outcoached us. That’s for sure. We outtalented and outplayed them though. But it’s next to impossible to win when the other team has 2 entire extra drives to work with.
Then maybe next time you should play better defense. 13 seconds better.
The Bengals beat the team that beat you, period. They would’ve whupped your team all day long on defense. Final score: Cincinnati 26, Buffalo 9.

Just out of curiosity, does winning games that exist only in your mind help with the pain?

I’d say the coin toss itself is 50-50 and it can’t get any fairer than that.

I have no problem with ties in the regular season then in the playoffs a shorter fifth quarter then a gimmick finish like soccer or the NHL.

I’d say the coin toss itself is 50-50 and it can’t get any fairer than that.

I have no problem with ties in the regular season then in the playoffs a shorter fifth quarter then a gimmick finish like soccer or the NHL.

I agree with you. Regular season can stay the same. But in the playoffs it’s should never come down to a coin toss.

Then maybe next time you should play better defense. 13 seconds better.

That was all coaching. Inexplicably bad coaching.

The Bengals beat the team that beat you, period.

Bills beat the team that the Bengals lost to. Period.

See how silly circular logic is?

They would’ve whupped your team all day long on defense. Final score: Cincinnati 26, Buffalo 9.

I don’t agree. I really don’t think it would have been particularly close. Somewhere around Bills by 17.

People tend to forget all the luck Cinci got in that KC game too. Stuff like Andy Reid inexplicably deciding not to kick a FG with only a few seconds left on the clock before half time. Chiefs win the game if not for that bad decision.

Just out of curiosity, does winning games that exist only in your mind help with the pain?

I don’t have any pain from that game. It’s just football. My life doesn’t revolve around it.

That was all coaching. Inexplicably bad coaching.

Bills beat the team that the Bengals lost to. Period.
Not when it counted.
See how silly circular logic is?
It’s almost as silly as talking about how certain you are Buffalo would have won a game that was played only in your imagination.

Cincinnati 33, Buffalo 6
I don’t have any pain from that game. It’s just football. My life doesn’t revolve around it.
LOL!!! Yeah…. Sure…. all your constant posts in a football forum that isn’t even your team shows how unimportant this whole thing is to you…..

You’re not fooling anyone here. Not even yourself.

Not when it counted.

It’s almost as silly as talking about how certain you are Buffalo would have won a game that was played only in your imagination.

Cincinnati 33, Buffalo 6

LOL!!! Yeah…. Sure…. all your constant posts in a football forum that isn’t even your team shows how unimportant this whole thing is to you…..

You’re not fooling anyone here. Not even yourself.

We can agree to disagree.

“So, I wouldn’t characterize it as any meteoric rise,” he continued. “It’s a natural progression that most all players make, and I would say he’s made it.”

I wonder if Hoyer missing the last 3 practices is planned. Zappe has benefited from his absence and shown some good reps. He had the plays of the day on Fri & Sat. He's shown what a talented arm he has, throwing 40 yard lasers. In contrast Mac has thrown picks the last 3 practices. Gotta wonder if Bill is driving up the competition for Mac (despite there being little chance for Zappe). Mac storming off the field as soon as practice ended is not a good look.

I agree with you. Regular season can stay the same. But in the playoffs it’s should never come down to a coin toss.
It doesn’t come down to a coin toss, it comes down to playing football and if you can’t stop them you deserve to lose.

Mac storming off the field as soon as practice ended is not a good look.
disagree.

would being satisfied with mediocrity be a better look?

disagree.

would being satisfied with mediocrity be a better look?

Brady himself was not some calm cool and collected guy that shrugged off bad throws. Willie McGinest has stated that Brady got so pissed when he threw an INT during practice. I'm sure Mac will be fine.

If Mac was blasé about throwing a dumb pick to end practice it would be a lot more concerning.

Desperately searching for drama where there is none, this is practice, competitive practice.

We can agree to disagree.
Agree to disagree about what? The outcome of a football game that exists only in your imagination?

I can play make believe too..... did you know that if only the Patriots had beaten the Bills, then they would have won the Super Bowl?? I mean, the Chiefs beat the Bills but you insist "circular logic" doesn't work in the NFL so NE would have beaten KC. Using the same logic, NE then beats Cincy. Using the same logic, NE then beats the Rams.

That's ring #7 in Foxboro, baby!!

Agree to disagree about what? The outcome of a football game that exists only in your imagination?

I can play make believe too..... did you know that if only the Patriots had beaten the Bills, then they would have won the Super Bowl?? I mean, the Chiefs beat the Bills but you insist "circular logic" doesn't work in the NFL so NE would have beaten KC. Using the same logic, NE then beats Cincy. Using the same logic, NE then beats the Rams.

Much like how the Raiders were “robbed of a Super Bowl” in 2001. Sure they would have beaten the Steelers and Rams since the Patriots did :evil:

You’re using circular logic again. Which doesn’t work.

It doesn’t come down to a coin toss, it comes down to playing football and if you can’t stop them you deserve to lose.

Some would agree with you. But the NFL doesn’t, which is why they changed the rules.

Pretty well. Lost because of a coin toss. To that point, the NFL literally changed the playoff OT rules because of how unfair the ending was.

Bills scored more points per drive than the Chiefs in that playoff game. Chiefs simply had 2 more drives to work with (because of the coin tosses).

No it doesn’t.

It rarely works that way.

Like the Pats beating the Titans who beat the Bills and the Bills whomped the Pats twice (including the playoffs). Or how the Pats lost to the Dolphins (twice) yet the Pats beat the Falcons, who the Dolphins lost to. Or how the Pats lost to the Saints who beat the Falcons but lost to the Dolphins.

Circular logic almost never works in the NFL.
Don’t blame the cointoss when all you had to do was prevent a team from scoring with 13 seconds left.

Don’t blame the cointoss when all you had to do was prevent a team from scoring with 13 seconds left.
Honestly the best solution is to make it so OT games have to end in a TD. No FGs in overtime.

The real problem is that that the moved the touchback up, and kickers haven't gotten so good you expect them to make a 50 yarder.

3 or maybe 4 completions followed by a long field goal to end the game just seems unsatisfying, is maybe the better word than unfair.

What if we just implemented the most pure form of "over time" for postseason games: The teams play another period (could be 15, 12, or 10 minutes in length) and whomever leads after that period ends, wins the game. If the score is still tied, rinse-and-repeat. No sudden death, the teams just keep playing football in the same format.

I've heard the argument that such an approach could result in games continuing indefinitely, but I think this is an insignificant concern. Surely eventually a team would win the game.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back