PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning - worst SB winning performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin thinks Favre ( Due too records) & Brady are neck and neck for GOAT. Yeesh

My cousin thinks Favre ( Due too records) & Brady are neck and neck for GOAT. Yeesh
The only record Favre holds is for Most Interceptions.

It'll probably never be broken so I guess your cousin respects that legendary accomplishment.

Anyone who wonders why you don't put Peyton in the top 10 all time needs look no further than this thread.

He deserves the hall of fame but not a special place in it. I am him just at 10 but could easily change my mind.

Last edited:

Favre also is a slightly overrated QB by some. The fact many auto put him on a top 10 list is crazy. Maybe he should be on one but not automatically. He needs to go in the bucket with other greats and be carefully looked at. He is not in the no brainier category.

Careful...

2001 Brady: 16-27, 145 yards, 1 TD, 86 passer rating

Not so good if you didn't know any better
VERY similar to Montana's first SB stat line.

14-22, 157 yards, 1Td, 100 passer rating

Peyton's stats in 4 Super Bowl Games:

3 TDs, 5 INTs

Peyton's stats in 2 Super Bowl wins:

1 TD, 3 INTs

It's just a question... and one that may not be all that invalid considering Manning, Eli is 2-0 in SB's and both were comebacks sorta. But I'm just looking for opinions.
I get what you are saying, but the gap between the two as far as how good they actually were/are is way too wide despite Eli stepping up in the postseason and Peyton faltering. Peyton is still one of the greatest QB's all time despite him being a playoff choker and Eli really wouldn't even be a hall of famer if it weren't for a lucky catch.

I get what you are saying, but the gap between the two as far as how good they actually were/are is way too wide despite Eli stepping up in the postseason and Peyton faltering. Peyton is still one of the greatest QB's all time despite him being a playoff choker and Eli really wouldn't even be a hall of famer if it weren't for a lucky catch.
I hear ya.

Peyton won an MVP against the Bears despite his mediocre performance. Worse yet, I'm fairly certain they had a running back (Rhodes?) who ran for 100+ yards and had a Td......and yet Manning still got the MVP. That was more the MVP voters playing to a narrative instead of actually getting the call right.

At least when Brady won for his mediocre performance against the Rams there was no clear cut person who was snubbed.

Peyton won an MVP against the Bears despite his mediocre performance. Worse yet, I'm fairly certain they had a running back (Rhodes?) who ran for 100+ yards and had a Td......and yet Manning still got the MVP. That was more the MVP voters playing to a narrative instead of actually getting the call right.

At least when Brady won for his mediocre performance against the Rams there was no clear cut person who was snubbed.

On the flip side, Brady easily could have won the SB MVP instead of Deion Branch. But James White easily could have won the SB MVP this season instead of Brady.

Just because I've been playing around with QB numbers this morning, I looked up Peyton Manning's two Super Bowl winning playoff runs. His numbers are incredible during those two runs.

2006-07
Def. KC, 23-8: 30-38, 268 yds, 1 td, 3 int, 71.9 rating
Def. Bal, 15-6: 15-30, 170 yds, 0 td, 2 int, 39.6 rating
Def. NE, 38-34: 27-47, 349 yds, 1 td, 1 int, 79.1 rating
Def. Chi, 29-17: 25-38, 247 yds, 1 td, 1 int, 81.8 rating
TOT: 97-153 (63.4%), 1,034 yds, 3 td, 7 int, 70.5 rating

2014-15
Def. Pit, 23-16: 21-37, 222 yds, 0 td, 0 int, 74.4 rating
Def. NE, 20-18: 17-32, 176 yds, 2 td, 0 int, 90.1 rating
Def. Car, 24-10: 13-23, 141 yds, 0 td, 1 int, 56.6 rating
TOT: 51-92 (55.4%), 539 yds, 2 td, 1 int, 75.4 rating

TOTALS: 148-245 (60.4%), 1,573 yds, 5 td, 8 int, 72.4 rating

So the guy won two Super Bowls while only having, in seven playoff games during those runs, a passer rating of more than 82 *ONE TIME*. Never having a passer rating of better than 91. Three times his ratings were in the 70s. Once was in the 50s. Once was in the 30s.

Two playoff runs and his passer rating was 72.4. Holy smokes. What really pisses me off about these two playoff runs is that the closest his teams came to losing were both when they played the Pats, and NE should have won both those games. Grrrrrrrrr....
It also pisses me off that the next 2 QBs to have the worst Sb-winning performances are Rapistbooger & shEli Manning.

The Rapist & the Manning sisters should have ZERO…ZE-FECKIN-RO...rings on their fingers.

Last edited:
On the flip side, Brady easily could have won the SB MVP instead of Deion Branch. But James White easily could have won the SB MVP this season instead of Brady.

James White was absolutely incredible in SB51. The more I watch it, the more I see how he consistently bailed them out of tough situations all game. Add to that 14 receptions and 20 points (3TDs, 1 conversion), I think both all-time Super Bowl records, and you have one of the most worthy players in SB history not to win the award. However, I would have voted for Brady despite his pick six and inaccuracy issues in the first half. He led the team to something historic that will go down as one of the greatest comebacks in the history of sports, considering the stakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes