PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning had a torn right quad

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@AdamSchefter: Broncos QB Peyton Manning played Sunday’s Divisional Playoff loss and the past month of the season with a torn right quad, per two sources.

@AdamSchefter: Peyton Manning initially tore his right quad Dec. 14 in win over Chargers, per sources. MRI back in Denver confirmed tear.

All aboard the excuse train

Last edited:
But the thing is he started to suck longer than a month ago. I am guessing he tore the quad in the Bills game. He played NE and the Rams before that. KC too where he sucked.

BTW, Brady played the last part of the 2006 season with a sports hernia that forced him to have a beach ball between his legs and he actually played through it.

Then I look forward to seeing more ducks flying through the air next year. Please bring him back, Denver!

And so the excuses begin. He was throwing ducks before he got injured including last year. His arm is shot. Time to retire.

I am not sure why anyone would want anything but the best for Manning. He is the one of the greatest of all time, and created some of the best matchups against the Pats.

Now, thats easier to say since we have a commanding lead in the W/L category against him, but I wouldnt mind to see him at his best again, to create a few more classic games.

But the thing is he started to suck longer than a month ago. I am guessing he tore the quad in the Bills game. He played NE and the Rams before that. KC too where he sucked.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 33s33 seconds ago
Peyton Manning initially tore his right quad Dec. 14 in win over Chargers, per sources. MRI back in Denver confirmed tear.

remember this?

The NFL assessed $125,000 in fines to the New York Jets and former coach Eric Mangini on Wednesday for violating the league's rules on injury reporting with former quarterback Brett Favre last season.

The Jets failed to place Favre, now with the Minnesota Vikings, on the injury report during the final month of last season even though he had a torn biceps tendon.

The league announced it had fined the Jets $75,000 and Mangini and Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum $25,000 apiece. Mangini now coaches the Cleveland Browns.

"We have been fully cooperative with the league throughout this investigation and respect their decision," the Jets said in a statement.

Mangini wants to put the situation behind him.

"I have worked with the league on this matter and now consider it closed," he said in a statement. "My focus is on our preparations for the Broncos."

Hiding injuries could affect an opponent's preparation and the NFL has stepped up policing such practices. Commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday that the case would be an opportunity for the league to stress that all teams must abide by the injury report rules.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4478429

I'm not joking.

If true, this is a serious violation.

@AdamSchefter: Broncos QB Peyton Manning played Sunday’s Divisional Playoff loss and the past month of the season with a torn right quad, per two sources.

@AdamSchefter: Peyton Manning initially tore his right quad Dec. 14 in win over Chargers, per sources. MRI back in Denver confirmed tear.

All aboard the excuse train

When a guy gets an injury, and it's not from an obvious collision or the like, I often suspect that he had a previous lesser injury that induced him to move awkwardly or something.

I've had this theory ever since I sprained an ankle while favoring a bum toe on the other foot.

Wait... he wasn't on the injury report.

You have to be on the injury report even if the injury doesn't make you miss any practices.

CHEATERS!

Is that true? I hadn't looked at the injury report prior to yesterday's game, but how hard is it to say "P. Manning - quad - probable" on the report? Then the Broncos are covered when news like this comes out.

Edit: I just looked at the injury report for yesterday's game and Manning was on there as being probable with a thigh injury. Nothing to see here. Moving along.

Last edited:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 33s33 seconds ago
Peyton Manning initially tore his right quad Dec. 14 in win over Chargers, per sources. MRI back in Denver confirmed tear.

So that means he wasn't injured during the game against us. So the breaking of the Broncos teams spirit by us was legit.

2902643161_b32c32b070.jpg

Wait... he wasn't on the injury report.

You have to be on the injury report even if the injury doesn't make you miss any practices.

CHEATERS!
He was on the injury report with a thigh injury if I remember correctly.

So he hurt his team's chances by playing with an injury. Selfish.

I'm honestly not surprised because he looked like there was something really wrong with him. Hey, he decides he wants to come back next year? Fine by me because Denver has to at least suspect by now he is not taking them anywhere but to One and Done-ville.

chargers game was when he was sick and he threw a block at the goalline. then he left the field before halftime even though broncos offense had to come back on

If legit then good for Manning playing through it, can't be fun trying to plant and throw on a torn quad. And for those calling ******** or downplaying it, haven't a lot of people been critical of Rodgers for talking non-stop about his stupid calf injury? I'd rather a player suffer silently and not set himself up for excuses.

We've talked about what a warrior Brady is for some of the stuff he's played through, mostly things coming out the same way--after the fact, through media reports of MRI's or x-rays. This is nothing different. Good for Manning...though with this injury coming in week 15 it doesn't excuse the noodle arm he's had for nearly two months.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back