PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning had a torn right quad

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 33s33 seconds ago
Peyton Manning initially tore his right quad Dec. 14 in win over Chargers, per sources. MRI back in Denver confirmed tear.

So it was a week later. So it doesn't explain his poor performances against NE and the Rams and the second half of the Chiefs' game. Or the fact that his TD streak ended against Buffalo.

This is fantastic news. Now everyone in Denver will talk themselves into excusing fivehead's latest choke job and suiting him up for another run next year and delaying the rebuilding process. Woot. Here's to another year of Manning being destroyed.

I don't think it was an excuse, it was pretty clear that he was slowing down, which was accelerated by an obvious thigh injury in the Chargers game

So it was a week later. So it doesn't explain his poor performances against NE and the Rams and the second half of the Chiefs' game. Or the fact that his TD streak ended against Buffalo.
giphy.gif

Just when Broncos fans were ready to get rid of Peyton, this report shows up.
Brace yourselves Denver, another "great" regular season is coming, quickly followed by a soul-crushing defeat in the playoffs that will leave your fanbase heartbroken once again.

This is fantastic news. Now everyone in Denver will talk themselves into excusing fivehead's latest choke job and suiting him up for another run next year and delaying the rebuilding process. Woot. Here's to another year of Manning being destroyed.
Remind me: why did the Colts let him go?

This makes sense. You had to think injury was the reason for such a drastic drop in his velocity at the end of the season. My guess is he will wait until he's healthy and then see if he has enough zip in his fastball to make it worth his time to come back.

He'll have to be fairly quick about it because by early March, Elway will have to make some very expensive decisions to either give this team another year to go all in, or tear it down and rebuild. It won't make a lot of sense to spend top dollar on the likes of Thomas and Thomas if you don't have a QB to get them the ball.

In one sense I respect that they kept it a secret until now. I hate what I call the McNair effect. If you remember Steve McNair was an excellent and very tough QB for the Titans when they were good, but I hated the constant whine about how he was always overcoming this injury or that one. In the meantime Brady suffered in silence, and it was only after the season that we found out he was playing with a broken rib, or bad hand or ankle. F the injury report. I'd never be honest about it when it came to my QB.

Then I look forward to seeing more ducks flying through the air next year. Please bring him back, Denver!

Agree. I think he will use this as the reason to return and take a big pay cut to stay in Denver. I think they try to make one more run at it.

@VicLombardi: Different agendas coming to light now. Again, tests revealed a STRAINED quad. Not a tear.

@VicLombardi: There was not a complete tear. No severance of muscle. To characterize it as a tear, according to my sources, is false. There's a difference.

I'm honestly not surprised because he looked like there was something really wrong with him. Hey, he decides he wants to come back next year? Fine by me because Denver has to at least suspect by now he is not taking them anywhere but to One and Done-ville.

That train can also stop at Super Bowl Blowout. ;)

@VicLombardi: Different agendas coming to light now. Again, tests revealed a STRAINED quad. Not a tear.

@VicLombardi: There was not a complete tear. No severance of muscle. To characterize it as a tear, according to my sources, is false. There's a difference.

See, BS. All aboard the Bronco excuse train!

Rodgers played with a strained calf. One choked one didn't.

Irony.....Manning just had his 9th one and done, while Brady going to his 9th AFC championship game.

Game, set, match!

I take no pleasure in watching Peyton Manning's skills diminish, nor would any true fan of this or any other sport. He is/was one of the greatest ever to play the game. I hope he retires rather than have his diminished abilities become a season-long embarrassment.

If Manning was playing with a more significant injury than was reported, then that is all the more reason to admire him.

If the Broncos failed to report the extent of Manning's injuries, then they should be disciplined and/or fined appropriately. That is a separate issue.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady defined greatness in the NFL for 15 years. Brady, a year younger and perhaps with a more disciplined training and off-season regime, looks like he still has the potential to play at a high level for an indeterminable period of time.

If the media want to make excuses for Peyton Manning, that's fine. I stopped listening to or caring about what the mediots say a long time ago.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/peyton-manning/

The question for John Elway is the value that Manning represents in 2015. If they keep him on, Manning will count $21.5 million against the Broncos cap. If they release him, the dead money is only $5 million. Most of his $58 million guaranteed money from the 2012 contract has already been paid out. They got three years, three playoff appearances and one trip to the Super Bowl out of Manning.

Manning isn't going to be less injury-prone at 39 than he was this year. The Broncos have big decisions to make about what direction they are heading.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back