PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King thinks we are drafting Brady's Successor?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you think the Pats add a QB? How and when?

• Round 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Round 2

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Round 3

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Mid round

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Late round

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Trade for veteran QB

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Sign Veteran Free agent

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Stand Pat

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
What round do you think we will take a QB and who?
I will play first I'll say Clayton Thorson Northwestern trade up in Third round.

Next Year Jake Fromm all day long.

QBs coming out of college now don't ride the pine for years, generally.

If they see someone they like in the mid-rounds, they might grab him. Likelihood that he's Brady's successor is low. Brady says he ain't going anywhere, and I believe him.

If the interest in Mayfield last year was true, they're already looking for it. I have my doubts that it will be anyone in this draft, though.

I'd say next year. Brady showed that he can still play at a high level and this class is just not very good.

I think it will be 1st round next year. Let him sit 1-2 years and by year 2 he should be able to beat out a 44 year old Brady.

If the interest in Mayfield last year was true, they're already looking for it. I have my doubts that it will be anyone in this draft, though.

I expect BB to use picks this draft to trade for higher picks in 2020 where there is a more target rich environment for QBs. Could shop for a wildcard backup in 2019 6th round if Etling is a no go.

BB is always preparing for a successor (or injury). Makes sense we'd draft a QB for development.

One thing I am sure of, BB and Brady understand his situation and timeline/plans more than we will. As for draft position, it's all based on talent. I imagine if the prospect has a what they consider first round talent, they'll take as high as the 2nd...depending on where things fall out and what BB expects other franchises to do.

My guess is 3rd round.

QBs coming out of college now don't ride the pine for years, generally.

If they see someone they like in the mid-rounds, they might grab him. Likelihood that he's Brady's successor is low. Brady says he ain't going anywhere, and I believe him.

He doesn't intend to go anywhere but he's also 41 years old.

BB is always preparing for a successor (or injury). Makes sense we'd draft a QB for development.

One thing I am sure of, BB and Brady understand his situation and timeline/plans more than we will. As for draft position, it's all based on talent. I imagine if the prospect has a what they consider first round talent, they'll take as high as the 2nd...depending on where things fall out and what BB expects other franchises to do.

My guess is 3rd round.
Thorson range

Kyler Murray is fascinating and all, but I’m really unimpressed by this year’s draft class.

Feels like there will be a lot of reaching for QB’s.

I don't like any QBs from this class, yet anyway. Would like to see BB collect multiple future firsts to be able to get a top end guy in 2020 or 2021.

Kyler Murray is fascinating and all, but I’m really unimpressed by this year’s draft class.

Feels like there will be a lot of reaching for QB’s.

I'm not that impressed with it either. I like Murray and Lock with Murray being my favorite, but Murray is going to get killed at the NFL level if he runs like that. He'd do better to become a smarter runner in the mold of Russell Wilson.

Next Year Jake Fromm all day long.

Wouldn’t hate it if he was going mid rounds. But chances are high he’s going first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back