PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King calls out Chad Jackson -- did I miss something!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BradyManny2344 said:
This is exactly what I'm talking about - Felger has been one of the biggest culprits from the getgo in terms of stirring up anti-Chad Jackson stuff.

I'm not saying "Felger and King hate black people". Far from it. I'm just saying that they have labelled Chad Jackson with a certain label without any basis other than a prejudice they may not be aware of.

Felger does have a bias. He hates rookies. Try to plug a hole with a rookie, and Felger calls it a weakness. He's having a field day with Gostowski.

BradyManny2344 said:
Hamstring injuries take time. How is that hard to understand?

Geez. I hate to play the race card, b/c normally its way off base, but I'm sorry, Peter King and all the other clowns calling out Chad Jackson are racist whether they know it or not. If Chad Jackson were a quiet white guy, it wouldn't be an issue, and the media would just acknowledge the guy is injured. Instead, the media assumes he has an attitude problem. Because of a) his race b) the position he plays, the analysts are making some completely off-base prejudiced opinion on what Chad Jackson is like. I'm sorry, that's what this is, it's been going on all season, and I'm just calling it out now, but that's my take on it.
Sorry neighbor, my vote says this isn't necessary. King's remarks don't do much for me either.

You know, I generally like Peter King, but he's clearly losing it if he expects a rookie WR to be an instant impact player.

He really needs to wake up, look at himself in the mirror and commit himself to being a full-time football columnist who puts his job first and everything else second.

JoeSixPat said:
You know, I generally like Peter King, but he's clearly losing it if he expects a rookie WR to be an instant impact player.

He really needs to wake up, look at himself in the mirror and commit himself to being a full-time football columnist who puts his job first and everything else second.
But, who will tell us about his daughter's orientation efforts at Colgate? Not to mention her adventures in horsewomanship.

JoeSixPat said:

Oh c'mon, Peter King is such a Pats homer, he wouldn't say something like this without having some inside info, no way. He definitely knows something is up with this kid, and probably has someone's blessing to put it in print.

PSU said:
Buddy...get over it. The kid has a world of talent and he's done nothing with it (yet). Everyone wants to see Chad play and King is calling him on it. Has nothing to do with his race. Sounds like you need some anger management courses in the meantime:mad:

Well, then there's quite a few other posters in this thread who could use some anger management as well. I'm actually quite surprised to see NO ONE agree with my premise, obviously this board is a very different crowd than what I'm used to. Nothing I said was all that startling, yet a couple people were horribly offended. Just a different crowd, I suppose.

Again, Chad Jackson is injured. I'm not sure why this is so damn hard to accept for some people, you'd think being out all of pre-season and being questionable on the injury report would clue a few of you in. Again, the skepticism to me is based on assumptions and presumptions about Chad Jackson. Some media and forum members seem to have this visceral reaction to him and have made up their minds about his intelligence, demeanor, work ethic and personality, when they have no first hand knowledge of any of the above whatsoever.

To those of you who agree with Peter King or Felger in regards to Jackson I ask you this - aside from these guys word, what have you personally seen that leads you to believe he has an a) attitude problem b) a problem with the playbook c) work ethic problems.

Personally, I'd rather give the guy the benefit of the doubt - also, I'd rather give Belichick - who has said some great things about Chad Jackson and obviously thought highly enough of him to trade up for him - the beneift of the doubt.

Last edited:
Steve Smith injured his hamstring and Panthers ended up in a 0-3 hole, I don't see King calling him out? He's black isn't he?

Please remove those racism garbage with you on your way out. To even suggest King is racist (in a league dominated by blacks, no less!) is just plain stupid, and is clearly looking to stir some controversy.

Chad Jackson was not the best 45-man BB could put on the field that day. Simple as that. Now moving on to BB talking trash to Chad Johnson..

Clearly "racist" is a buzzer word.

BradyManny2344 said:
Why is it ludicrous? Do you really think that if Chad Jackson were a white tight end who pulled a hammy and missed 4 games we'd be having this discussion?

Keep dreaming. The media is putting a label on Chad Jackson which it has put on past wide receivers who they have decided he must be like - one of those factors is his race.

If he was a white tight end, who they traded up in the second round to get, and is immature and acting afool, yes, I'm quite sure we would. In fact, since I've seen similar articles regarding Jeremy Shockey, and to a lesser extent Kyle Brady over the years, I'm more than quite sure. Do white LBs count, because how did Bill Romanoski do with the press?

In King's corner on HBO (the clip is on cnnsi), King said that he interviewed Brady on Monday and he exchanged emails with him during the week. So what does anyone on here have for a source that says King is making this up?

Seems idiotic to assume someone is lying or making up a story when you yourself are basing your assumption on your own uninformed opinion.:rolleyes:

Here's a thought...MAYBE Jackson simply has a BAD HAMMY that needs more time to completely heal. So much conjecture spewed forth by people that know nothing. It's comical. Nobody outside the locker room knows the real deal. How could they? The only true fact we all know is an injury such as his is a tricky one and there's no real timetable for a complete recovery hence the "DAY to DAY" from BB. Give the guy a break.

Peter King is on WEEI denying that anyone but himself believes Chad Jackson is dogging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back