PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Sheppard quits WEEI on the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE_PATS_FAN_54

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Pretty sure I heard this right.....but Pete Sheppard just quit from WEEI on the air. He was closing his show today and just up and quit. Said he couldnt stand the people above Jason Wolfe. Said he wouldn't work from Entercom ever again. Going down in a blaze of glory....gotta love Pete.

He had face book posts telling of a surprise at 6:15.

Does this free him up for the 4-6 slot on Patriots.com? Maybe even John Rooke's slot if Rooke is going to play by play (although that does not prohibit his 2-4 show.)

BTW, before some moron talks about how radio has more cache than Internet podcasts, let's discuss numbers of listeners.:D

Over on WEEI, @PShep326 apparently just quit on the air. "I can't stay here anymore, I can't stand working for this company anymore."

https://twitter.com/bruceallen/status/323202595952947202

File this under didn't see that one coming. Pete Sheppard just quit WEEI on the air. And that's the flash.

https://twitter.com/REALsauceman/status/323203334012035073

I don't think Pete is going to be the last one to quit, either.

https://twitter.com/bruceallen/status/323203842110009344

What the bleep is going on over there?

I just hope that Pete has an escape clause in his contract. Otherwise, he can quit, but the station can hold onto his rights to work in Radio, possibly other related sports/news/announcing/etc venues until the end date of his contract.

I just hope that Pete has an escape clause in his contract. Otherwise, he can quit, but the station can hold onto his rights to work in Radio, possibly other related sports/news/announcing/etc venues until the end date of his contract.

q.v. Howie Carr

Pretty sure I heard this right.....but Pete Sheppard just quit from WEEI on the air. He was closing his show today and just up and quit. Said he couldnt stand the people above Jason Wolfe. Said he wouldn't work from Entercom ever again. Going down in a blaze of glory....gotta love Pete.

Gotta love Pete. He has the cajones to call out management at WEEI.

WEEI is going down the tubes quickly, but this is a small loss. He's a loud-mouthed buffoon, in my opinion. But, just my opinion. I do, however, give him credit for doing it on the air.

Gotta love Pete. He has the cajones to call out management at WEEI.

Gee Fred ... for once I agree with you. ;)

As for Pete ... John Rish ... great for them.
Entercom at this point cares nothing about the product and it shows.

These defections will work because they will hasten advertisers leaving WEEI.

Advertisers will not want to be associated with a company that craps on the local product.

Last edited:
BREAKING – Pete Sheppard Quits WEEI – On The Air

At the end of his shift, Sheppard then announced he was quitting the station, saying that he couldn’t do it anymore, he couldn’t stand working for the company anymore. He said that he was upset at how things had been going at the station over the last 18 months, and that it wasn’t Jason Wolfe’s fault, but those above him. (Jeff Brown in particular) He said they would not even take his calls, and that he is going out on his own terms – unlike the last time he left the station.

Sheppard assured listeners they would be hearing him again elsewhere in the near future.

Unlike past WEEI incidents (Mike Adams “locking” himself in the studio to get the job) this one was quite real.
I suspect Sheppard will not be the only person departing (of their own volition or not ) the station in the near future.
Sounds like something is up ... maybe at another radio station?
Maybe Mr. Drinkwater is in on it with all his $$$ ... he is close with Ordway.
Ordway was seen front row at the Sox with Drinkwater a few days ago.

Fairly soon perhaps WEEI will just be ESPN ????

Last edited:
I never could figure why anyone would pay him to be on the radio, but if he melted down on the air and there's a clip, at least i'll have to thank him for the comedy.

BREAKING – Pete Sheppard Quits WEEI – On The Air

Sounds like something is up ... maybe at another radio station?
Maybe Mr. Drinkwater is in on it with all his $$$ ... he is close with Ordway.
Ordway was seen front row at the Sox with Drinkwater a few days ago.

Fairly soon perhaps WEEI will just be ESPN ????

that's what I think. Salk is a disaster. When the numbers come out I can't imagine they'd be anything but apocalyptic. I said a few days ago...country music on 103.7 FM....D+C survive as morning drive idiots. The key is Holley...does he stay? If not, (and I'm of the opinion he's seriously considering a move), the afternoon time slot is as dead as disco.

Prickley Pete kills me. I loved him in the 4-6 slot on Patriots.com throughout the 2011 season. This isn't the 1st time Sheppard has pulled his blowhard bufoon schtick at EEI. Before he got his 2011 4-6 webradio gig following Rooke's show at 2-4, he threatened to out people at EEI. He went on Facebook and said he's typed this big letter he was gonna post on his Facebook page. He said he had dirt on people there from the top all the way down to the janitor.
I used to e-mail him on his Pats.com show in my Brooklyn Matt persona and razz him about it. I'd go,"Hey, what happened to the big Pete Manifesto a few months ago? Let's hear the specifics. I'm still waiting"
He'd mentally scroll, searching what I was talking about. Then he'd catch the drift and then he'd try to play it off like he didn't know what I meant by a Pete Manifesto.
We had a good repor. I wish they'd bring him back at Patriots.com. The guy is such a sweaty swashbuckler. He just lets it fly. And he's got a hella decadent past. Ya can just tell he indulges vice to the point of gluttony. I wonder what goes on in the back rooms of Mohegan Sun when he's on a poker hot streak.
Pete freaking kills me. Sheppard rocks.

Sheppard's like Jackie Gleason and Rodney Dangerfield all rolled into one. He's a big kid at heart too.

Sheppard's like Jackie Gleason and Rodney Dangerfield all rolled into one. He's a big kid at heart too.

If you totally eliminate the talent factor, I can see that.

What Pete didn't disclose is that he got his pink slip five minutes before his rant began.

I'm guessing that is an assumption?

I never could figure why anyone would pay him to be on the radio, but if he melted down on the air and there's a clip, at least i'll have to thank him for the comedy.

Same here. He seems to have gotten his start as piñata for the Big Show. He should thank WEEI for providing a job. Sports media defies logic sometimes. I never understood his presence other than something for the other on air staff to made fun of. Then he had his rant about the company not providing enough cups. He went on for 20 minutes about how the company should provide cups. Over time, I stopped listening Boston sports radio. Maybe he got better.

I have never agreed with all of Pete's views but the dude always cracks me up. I hope he ends up somewhere, I would like to listen to him this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore