PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perfect set up for Tyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffbiologist

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Before we start russian roulette with the wide recievers I think we do have some hope of Tyms really catching on. I dont remember seeing him with Brady in the preseason but watching him make those circus catches just might lead to trust. Looked at another way, the Dobson/Thompkins/Amendola problem could recieve a shake up next week...Someone's job might be on the line Sunday.

You're grasping at straws if you're banking on Tyms....did he even play a snap with Brady in the preseason...?????

Louis-CK-Scratches-His-Head.gif

Brian Tyms isn't going to knock any WR off this roster. Pats held onto him because they could for insurance if one goes down in the first 4 weeks. When his suspension is over and if the other WRs are healthy he will be released and the Pats may try to get him onto the PS.

You're grasping at straws if you're banking on Tyms....did he even play a snap with Brady in the preseason...?????

Yes, he had some snaps with the first team. It's hard for me to see him leapfrogging on of Dobson, Thompkins, or LaFell, though.

Most of Brian Tyms catches were Outside the numbers an area where this Team Desperately Struggles. If the others in question minus Aaron Dobson are so good we wouldn't be talking about the Offense Today.

Most of Brian Tyms catches were Outside the numbers an area where this Team Desperately Struggles. If the others in question minus Aaron Dobson are so good we wouldn't be talking about the Offense Today.

I'm pretty sure you would be finding a reason to talk about the offense today even if they were dropping 50 points per game on upper-tier defenses.

Yes, he had some snaps with the first team. It's hard for me to see him leapfrogging on of Dobson, Thompkins, or LaFell, though.

Kontra based on what Lafell and Amendola have done thus far it wouldn't take alot to leap frog them. I liked what I saw from Tyms; if Boyce showed what Tyms did he would be on the 53 without question.

I am sick of watching this Team year in and year out with nothing that threatens the Defense on the outside. Aaron Dobson showed flashes but what he has done is becoming a distant memory now.

I hope BB liked what Tyms showed he reminds me of a Bigger version of Terry Glenn. That said I don't know how this Team could have a guy like a Brandon Lafell running vertical routes when he's an obvious Possession guy. I see no downside in keeping Tyms; the skill set he posses is just what this Offense needs.

Amendola has been invisible the first 2 weeks.

I am sure if a couple of WR's are still ineffective after week Four the decision in keeping Brian Tyms will be easy. One thing Brian Tyms have going for him is that that Patriots didn't draft him.:D We know they are League Tops at Developing young WR's.:rolleyes:

Kontra based on what Lafell and Amendola have done thus far it wouldn't take alot to leap frog them. I liked what I saw from Tyms if Boyce showed what Tyms did he would be on the 53 without question. I am sick of watching this Team year in and year out with nothing that threatens the Defense on the outsides. Aaron Dobson showed flashes but what he has done is becoming a distant memory now. I hope BB liked what Tyms showed he reminds me of a Bigger version of Terry Glenn. That said I don't know how this Team could have a guy like a Brandon Lafell running vertical routes when he's an obvious Possession guy. I see no downside in keeping Tyms, the skill set he posses is just what this Offense needs.

Lets add some context to your comments. I will assume 5 years satisfies your 'year after year' timeframe.
In that time you have suffered through the being 'sick' watching the offense that has ranked #1 in scoring points, 135 more than second best, and more than 35% higher than the average team.
You also grew ill watching the passing offense rank 2nd, and while you were sick watching the WR who can't play, the Patriot offense was 3rd in net yards per pass. Of course they were also first in wins.
Lets hope BB keeps doing things that make you sick.

Lets add some context to your comments. I will assume 5 years satisfies your 'year after year' timeframe.
In that time you have suffered through the being 'sick' watching the offense that has ranked #1 in scoring points, 135 more than second best, and more than 35% higher than the average team.
You also grew ill watching the passing offense rank 2nd, and while you were sick watching the WR who can't play, the Patriot offense was 3rd in net yards per pass. Of course they were also first in wins.
Lets hope BB keeps doing things that make you sick.

AJ, you don't have to get specific with me this Team hasn't had a legitimate Deep/Outside threat since Randy Moss...Every Offense needs one of those guys. There is reason why Brady's outside the numbers throws are suspect at times - he just never had enough of those type of players through his career, and it shows.

Kontra based on what Lafell and Amendola have done thus far it wouldn't take alot to leap frog them. I liked what I saw from Tyms if Boyce showed what Tyms did he would be on the 53 without question. I am sick of watching this Team year in and year out with nothing that threatens the Defense on the outsides. Aaron Dobson showed flashes but what he has done is becoming a distant memory now. I hope BB liked what Tyms showed he reminds me of a Bigger version of Terry Glenn. That said I don't know how this Team could have a guy like a Brandon Lafell running vertical routes when he's an obvious Possession guy. I see no downside in keeping Tyms, the skill set he posses is just what this Offense needs.

While I agree he should be signed to the practice squad to see what he has in practice, like if he can make those big catches and be effective snagging tough catches intermediate range as a route runner. If he does then he should make the team and get reps while Batman and robin(lafell and Amendola ) sit or squirt water in his mouth. I know your desperate for a consistent fast athletic big play WR and you have a right to be. However let's not say he is just what the team needs. He hasn't done anything yet against starting defenses in games that count. The team needs what he flashed but they need somebody who has proven a little more against NFL defenses. He can start on the practice squad. If he shows his big plays and good ball skills over the middle vs Revis,McCourty,Browner,Ryan,and Dennard then he should be signed to active roster and bump brandon Lafell to the practice squad or spirit squad. Right now at Toms age he needs a more proven # one WR.

AJ, you don't have to get sepcific with me this Team hasn't had a ligitimate Deep/Outside threat since Randy Moss...Every Offense needs one of those guys. There is reason why Brady's outside the numbers throws are suspect at times he just never had enough of those type of players through his career and it shows.
If every offense needs one, and you say we haven't had one since Moss, why have we been the best offense in the NFL since Moss left?

I have high hopes for Tyms. He looked really good with Grop, against 2's. But I've had these things flop before. I'm not all that impressed with the deep WR's we currently have. Dobson's about the only one with some consistency. If, and I hope, Tyms gets a chance, he "could" be the one. God knows, we keep looking. We have to strike gold eventually

Before we start russian roulette with the wide recievers I think we do have some hope of Tyms really catching on. I dont remember seeing him with Brady in the preseason but watching him make those circus catches just might lead to trust. Looked at another way, the Dobson/Thompkins/Amendola problem could recieve a shake up next week...Someone's job might be on the line Sunday.

I was thinking the same thing too. He's a big body with good hands, with the WR struggles (outside of mini-tron) he could be given an opportunity especially after a solid pre-season.

Brian Tyms isn't going to knock any WR off this roster. Pats held onto him because they could for insurance if one goes down in the first 4 weeks. When his suspension is over and if the other WRs are healthy he will be released and the Pats may try to get him onto the PS.

That would be true if/KT/Dobson/Lafell has clicked with Brady, but they haven't. If he looks good in practice, then i say give him the opportunity.

Louis-CK-Scratches-His-Head.gif

Epic Louis C.K facepalm gif tho!

That would be true if/KT/Dobson/Lafell has clicked with Brady, but they haven't. If he looks good in practice, then i say give him the opportunity.

I honestly can't take you seriously anymore.

The guy has done nothing but catch a few passes from Garoppolo against guys that are bottom of the roster, PS, or out of work.

Thompkins and Dobson proved last year that they got it and clicked.

Thompkins was targeted 10 times in that Miami game, that means Brady trusts him. Only thing is Bady was under pressure all 2nd half so he was throwing it before Thompkins could get to his spot.

Dobson just came back and Brady targeted him on his first pass of the game with Xavier Rhodes drapped on his back. Thing was it was his first game back and it was a run heavy game plan and he played less than half the snaps as a result of that. So if you use that game as an example you are absolutely clueless.

They are also not going to cut LaFell after 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes