PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the NFL continues to roll out a television production in which Belichick is the star attraction...

What a disaster. Belichicks legacy is shot if this is true.

I know I'm going to get crushed for this. This is a Patriots fan forum after all. But just now, for the first time in my life through all the BS, the thought just skipped across my brain for a second: "Jesus, maybe they did all that ****."
You can never convince me of Deflategate. Anyone who looks at what really happened should know it was a complete crock of sh!t.

The 1 and 12 bengals gonna end a dynasty.

The idea that they needed even the slightest help to beat those guys is what's appalling

And yet the patriots already come out and say yea, we did it.

Not sure why the Patriots would put themselves in this situation. The Benglas are the worst team in the NFL, by watching the practice the Patriots will only get infected by their suck.

If the league was competent, they would have made the statement explaining what happened. But they would rather stir up controversy with the Patriots being called cheaters once again.
Does the league have anything to gain with another controversy at this point, though?

Felt like they had more to gain back in the past. Now? Not so much. But who knows.

I think you're overacting, admitting it was a mistake is what you have to do with herr Goodell. Maybe a fine at most. Fighting him is where you get in trouble.
Unfortunately, I'm not overreacting at all, just being realistic. Like I said, hopefully it's nothing but if the footage is nefarious, I don't even want to think about the consequences because let's be honest, they'll be severe.

The thought process by the league likely will be since a fine and a draft pick didn't stop them the last time, they'll take the next step and punish the guy in charge. We saw it with bounty gate in New Orleans...I'd have to believe that precedent might see them strike with a similar penalty here, especially when you take into account the massive backlash that would come from every other owner throughout the league.

You can never convince me of Deflategate. Anyone who looks at what really happened should know it was a complete crock of sh!t.

Keep in mind, I didn't suddenly decide the Patriots are guilty. I just said for the first time there is a flicker of doubt.

It’s far more likely that they’ve been doing various versions of this and they finally got caught.

They need to get permission from the teams to tape, so it'd be pretty easy to check. It's honestly more likely, given their history with the issue, that this was an isolated incident.

Kraft received no punishment for his deeds at the spa. Whatever happens to the team will be his punishment.

They went through all that the whole entire year specifically for the Bengals game. This scheme that cost them a lot of money, just to get footage of the sidelines in an era without hand signals, was used against the Bengals.

They didn't use this scheme against the Eagles, or the chiefs, or the Ravens, or the Texans.

They were saving it for the Bengals.
We do not know that for sure

It’s been established that teams still use hand signals to deliver messages to the defense and offense once the speakers in the helmet turn off so stop posting ultra homer Matt Chatham and other idiots going “oh but what could they be filming HUH” like it’s some vindication.

I know I'm going to get crushed for this. This is a Patriots fan forum after all. But just now, for the first time in my life through all the BS, the thought just skipped across my brain for a second: "Jesus, maybe they did all that ****."
maybe they taped radio signals?
how does that work, exactly?

The whole idea is kinda awkward. Was the ideal plan to do a story on the scout without actually showing any of what he was scouting?
Most code of conduct type of things will always instruct people to not only avoid impropriety, but to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. Here we have a franchise whose reputation has been mud for the last dozen years due to inappropriate sideline signal taping. “Hey, I know! Let’s send a camera crew out there to record our advance scout for the next game in action! We have the home team’s (not our next opponent) permission, that’s all we need. What can possibly go wrong!?”

No room for reason in this thread.

Wouldnt be the first time bill broke the rules for something that have them zero ounce of advantage

What they get out of it isnt the point, the point is did the patriots knowingly or otherwise do something so ****ing stupid, once again they they know they aren't allowed to do?

Given their official response, we know they did.

Bill's arrogance is what is gonna undo him

Unfortunately, I'm not overreacting at all, just being realistic. Like I said, hopefully it's nothing but if the footage is nefarious, I don't even want to think about the consequences because let's be honest, they'll be severe.

The thought process by the league likely will be since a fine and a draft pick didn't stop them the last time, they'll take the next step and punish the guy in charge. We saw it with bounty gate in New Orleans...I'd have to believe that precedent might see them strike with a similar penalty here, especially when you take into account the massive backlash that would come from every other owner throughout the league.
But isn’t it Kraft this time? Seems like it’d involve ownership more than Bill this time.

Well no AB now for sure. lol

It’s been established that teams still use hand signals to deliver messages to the defense and offense once the speakers in the helmet turn off so stop posting ultra homer Matt Chatham and other idiots going “oh but what could they be filming HUH” like it’s some vindication.

It’s far more likely that they’ve been doing various versions of this and they finally got caught.
Lol, like what? Filming the same documentary about scouting for the past 11 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft