PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pederson fired, Cross Wentz off Patriots wish list

I don't think it's a for-sure thing they will keep Wentz, but I think the likelihood has gone up. Pederson was done with him but now Pederson is gone; the next coach may prefer to try to fix the guy with the huge contract over taking a massive cap hit just to get rid of him, especially this coming year with the cap situation the way it is there. I think he is fixable, too. Maybe not to an elite level but good enough to be competitive. It does make some sense for the next HC to try to find out.

Why is this the assumption? That it was either Wentz or Doug?

Wentz let it leak to the media that his relationship with Pederson is beyond repair. The fact that he is essentially untradeable for Philly made Doug replaceable. It is not like Pederson had a particularly successful tenure. That SB is surrounded by multiple laughably inept seasons.

Wentz let it leak to the media that his relationship with Pederson is beyond repair. The fact that he is essentially untradeable for Philly made Doug replaceable. It is not like Pederson had a particularly successful tenure. That SB is surrounded by multiple laughably inept seasons.
I'd agree. It was a catch-22 for the Iggles. They might regret picking Wentz over stability in the system though. Any new coach is a huge risk too, more than what you have in Hurt.

New coach has to deal with a team $70 million OVER the cap as well as Wentz situation. Good luck getting a top notch coach... Guess they aren't having fun.....

Can this fanbase get over the whole “****ty QB reclamation project” wish list?

I guess the rumors were correct. How soon they forget the SB season. Wow.

I'm shocked, but this was the right thing to do. That was an embarrassment to the organization/fans on SNF.

Weird that Wentz was able to win the power struggle as crappy as he has been. I guess nuking the salary cap to the tune of $60 mill if they traded him was a major factor.

NE signing an old Ertz is better than the clownshow the Pats have at TE.

Pederson should be blackballed from ever coaching again after that bullsh*t he pulled in week 17. Deprived me of finally seeing Brady beat the Giants in the postseason.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back