PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatsFans, do you really want the NFL to die?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you hope the NFL eventually crumbles?

• Yes. Screw the entire league.

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Yes, but after Brady/BB retire.

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of posts here recently actively rooting for the demise of the NFL, some people even stating they're going to stop watching once BB/Brady retire.

I hate the owners/greed, etc. as much as anyone, but I don't want the NFL to cease to exist. I still love football even if I hate the morons in control of it at the moment.

If the NFL ceases to exist, then so do the Patriots accomplishments. What will have any of this even meant if the league eventually goes away? All the wins, stats, championships....does it mean anything anymore? Instead of our future grandchildren asking "Who was the greatest QB of all-time?" to you they'll be asking "what was football?"

If you plan on stopping your watch of the NFL when Brady/BB retire, then why are you even watching now?

Genuinely curious. As said, while part of me LOVES, LOVES, LOVES this corrupt league suffering, it's a "cut off your nose to spite the face" situation here. The less relevant the NFL is, so are all the great accomplishments our team has had.

If you asked me this ten years ago, I would have laughed at you. But, and I'm serious when I say this, if the league announced that it would fold after this season, I wouldn't care all that much.

I'd have a lot of great memories of rooting for some of the best who've ever played, so **** those concussion hiding, woman-beater protecting, money "misplacing", "evidence" creating, "integrity" spouting a-holes through both ears.

I found rugby.

Looks like no ones taking this thread seriously so I take back my vote!

Just certain people in the NFL office.

The sport can live though.

The word Yes isn't strong enough to express how I feel about your question.

Brain says yes but I'm far too depressed and unable to give my own life meaning to take such a leap of faith.

The majority vote says.. screw the league I want it to go away? If so why are you on this board and your clearly lying to yourself.

If Goodell's still around when Brady retires, I'm gone. The NFL can die, be on life support, or just have a cold. It's not going to matter to me.

It's not about wanting the league to die. It's about Goodell needing to go, and the NFL needing to make some major fixes in several different areas.

Nah, I don't want it to die, I just want it to become ill enough that they have to bring in another commissioner to save it, then I wish it a speedy recovery.

The majority vote says.. screw the league I want it to go away? If so why are you on this board and your clearly lying to yourself.
I already ditched NFL Sunday Ticket. I don't go out of my way to watch non-Pats games. And now, on Sundays, I look forward more to watching Premiership rugby than the NFL.

Pretty sure I'm not lying to myself.

If the league continues neglecting the CTE concussion issues, then it will definitely die. The game as its being played right on is on borrowed time. The NFL will pay for its crimes for lying to its players about the effects of concussions. I cannot believe that nobody has gone to jail for altering the amount of concussions players were suffering back in the late 90's to early 00's to hardly none when there was many. For an example like when Jerry Jones said to NOT mark Aikman down with a concussion after he had clearly suffered one.

The rigged results showed that there wasnt many concussions being suffered while in reality there was MANY.

Last edited:
I like how someone hit "disagree" on my own personal opinion of the NFL.

Of course not. I love the NFL and the Pats but the League is making it harder every week to want to stick with them. At the beginning of the year I found it incredulous anyone would Stop supporting the team after Brady and Belichick left but I am getting closer to that point. The league is an absolute mess and needs to be cleaned up majorly from too many damn ads, complicated rules, incompetent refs and a corrupt front office. Goodell absolutely has to go and they need someone to come in and clean up everything that has faltered under his reign.

I dont want it to die but if it did in its current condition I probably wont miss it too much.

Done when brady is done, unless there is a less corrupt commish. Ill just vacation more i guess 8)

NFL is going to die because of concussions.
I've been a Pats fan since 1960.
I'm enjoying BB & Brady.
Then after they're gone, I'm indifferent.

No disrespect to the many Pats players & coaches whom I enjoy.

Sure. I'll just watch more college ball and follow MMA more closely.

Personally became very disenfranchised after the witch hunt that went on against Tom Brady for supposedly deflating footballs...,haven't had the same enthusiasm for the game or the team to be honest ...,..was previously a DIE HARD fan.....every Sunday was a Patriots "Holiday " in our house.....not so anymore.....The fire and interest went out the longer they dragged Tom and the Pats thru the mud. Once BB and Tom are done....probably will be a very casual fan unfortunately

I've been seeing a lot of posts here recently actively rooting for the demise of the NFL, some people even stating they're going to stop watching once BB/Brady retire.

I hate the owners/greed, etc. as much as anyone, but I don't want the NFL to cease to exist. I still love football even if I hate the morons in control of it at the moment.

If the NFL ceases to exist, then so do the Patriots accomplishments. What will have any of this even meant if the league eventually goes away? All the wins, stats, championships....does it mean anything anymore? Instead of our future grandchildren asking "Who was the greatest QB of all-time?" to you they'll be asking "what was football?"

If you plan on stopping your watch of the NFL when Brady/BB retire, then why are you even watching now?

Genuinely curious. As said, while part of me LOVES, LOVES, LOVES this corrupt league suffering, it's a "cut off your nose to spite the face" situation here. The less relevant the NFL is, so are all the great accomplishments our team has had.

Die no, fundamentally overhaul what it's doing, yes.

I just want the *32 to be exposed for the scripted drama/sport/entertainment show that it is.

To your first point:

The owners have always been greedy. I'm not bothered by their greeds, I'm more bothered by their injustice, embarrassment and obvious involvement in the outcome of games.

Second point:

I don't care for the Patriots' accomplishments to be honest with you. I've give you two reasons:

(1) They won't be relevant a few years down the road. Do we really respect Green Bay today because of the accomplishments of Lombardi and the boys back then? Do I really give today's Steeler's props for being a dynasty 30+ years ago? The Steelers are garbage today, SBs or no SBs.

(2) The greatest QB will always be Tom Brady for me, but that will be irrelevant about 10-20 years from now, like Montana. Montana is only in the conversation because the NFL wants him to be. It could've easily been Marino (no wins) or Steve Young. Also, the rule changes will allow any of these young jokers today to break Brady's statistical achievements, and Goodell can easily create another dynasty and another QB superstar as a product of that dynasty. Rumor has it that he's working on it with Russell Wilson. Marcus Mariota may even be in the conversation later.

Nobody cares for past achievements, they are only brought up as a measuring stick for the media to hype up lesser teams or individuals. For an example, I didn't even know about Miami's undefeated season until Indy went nearly undefeated that year.

When my grandchildren ask me about the NFL in the future, I'll bring up the old days, Brady and the Pats, but I won't spoil the sport for them. As they get older they will eventually see it for themselves, like I did with wrestling.

to your third point:

I am still watching it because I am a Tom brady fan. I've already compared watching NFL to watching my favorite scripted dramas or the WWE (that I still watch). You fall for the characters and you look on rooting for them until their story ends. If Game of Thrones were to actually kill off Jon Snow, I would probably not watch it as much in the next seasons, especially because they've already killed off all the more interesting characters. WWE sucks these days because all the good wrestlers (the superstars) got old or went into acting. They got Roman Reigns today, so I watch for him. The new guys all suck, kind of like today's NFL, I can only imagine the league without Brady or Brees at QB in the future. It's going to suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back