PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats try out 3 QB's? What's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's gone off the deep end, but Tom was definitely off his game in more ways than just overthrowing passes. A lot of these were thrown into tight coverage, but several were just uncharacteristically inaccurate floaters or "rainbow passes." This is an issue because it takes longer for the ball to get there and allows the DB more time to catch up or make a play or for an open gap on a zone to close up.

I'm not saying he won't bounce back, because Tom is the GOAT and chances are that he will. But he definately wasn't his usual self for this game....

Yeah I disagree. Sorry.

I've rewatched that game about 5 or 6 times and many plays 10 + times. Brady's arm or fluttering (whatever that is) are just fine. The offensive game plan sucked in the second half. He is a bit out of sync with the newer guys but his arm is fine.

He hit Amendola perfectly for 6 receptions out of 7 Targets for 100 yards. Those targets were deep middle and intermediate left and right.

He hit Gronk with a perfectly thrown ball over one defender's hands and between to others.

He hit Cooks on a 58 yard bomb which traveled 60 yards in the air.

He also got the ball to Cooks downfield which resulted in two long PI calls. IOW the passes were good but Cooks was being interfered with.

on and on and on

Brady's as good as he has ever been but he does miss Edelman. Edelman was a very important cog in this offense. Amendola was a viable back up. It's time for Burkhead or Lewis or whomever to step it up.

Few more things to consider.

1. The Chiefs are a good team. Third best AFC team last year? Anyways a good team.
2. This game was played without any real game film study. Brady is a game film studying freak. That's how he finds his matchups etc...
The first three or four weeks are rough rides because of the lack of game film.
3. They had the lead in the 3rd qtr and could have put more points on the board if they had called better plays imo.

Anyways not the end of the world. Brady's fine but it may take a couple weeks to find his new safety blanket.

Probably should been more too. Gronk holds on that's 7 more or if they kick it on 4th it's 3 more and then who knows could have been a different outcome.

Or if our OC had the brainpower to not run a draw play straight into the guts of the defense three different times on third/fourth and short with a guy that is not a power back. Or they had given Burkhead's money to Blount. Rex and Dion are redundant. They have the same style. Dion is just better at it

I don't think he's gone off the deep end, but Tom was definitely off his game in more ways than just overthrowing passes. A lot of these were thrown into tight coverage, but several were just uncharacteristically inaccurate floaters or "rainbow passes." This is an issue because it takes longer for the ball to get there and allows the DB more time to catch up or make a play or for an open gap on a zone to close up.

I'm not saying he won't bounce back, because Tom is the GOAT and chances are that he will. But he definately wasn't his usual self for this game....

Please just give 2-3 specific examples of floating passes so I can go to game pass and make a gif out of said passes and we can discuss them with visual evidence instead of just wild claims.

I am slowly getting the feeling that some people dont understand the difference between a ball that was thrown away:

or

and a legitimately inaccurate pass.

Also please look at those precise passes and then explain to me where exactly you see mechanical decline:

I mean is this a floaty pass for you ?

NOTHING; ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS WRONG WITH BRADY'S ARM STRENGTH/ ACCURACY. Get a grip.

Brady on Thursday night: 7.4 yards per pass attempt

Brady week 1 2014: a miserable 4.4 yards per pass attempt. And that season ended fine.

Not worried about the GOAT at all. Like a veteran pitcher who may have lost zip on his fastball the GOAT is cerebral enough to adapt to any physical decline that comes with being 40.

The defense on the other hand... :eek:

Trading Jimmy now would be a complete panic move, 4 days ago "Bill thinks Jimmy is the future", one game of stinky defense "TRADE HIM".

That trade Jimmy ship sailed in the off season, if it's done now all it is is Bill panicking and admitted his defense is terrible nothing clever about it.

This may have been the plan all along once Brissett was traded... they may have figured "ok since we traded our #3, we need to look at some new guys.... but it makes more sense to wait until the Friday after KC....."

After Jacoby was traded, several of us who post here said that we needed a QB for the PS and BB will be looking at 3rd QBs.
How can this logical move be a surprise or interpreted as a response to the Thursday team debacle?

They did just trade their third string QB, they are probably looking at guys in case of an injury or if they want to get a QB on the practice squad.

Please just give 2-3 specific examples of floating passes so I can go to game pass and make a gif out of said passes and we can discuss them with visual evidence instead of just wild claims.
I am looking forward to seeing them as well

Do people really believe this fake news/baseless speculation?

Get a F*****g grip!

Keep telling people Brady didn't look good last night. Nice to know I'm not the only one. Just quite interesting they bring 4 QBs in the day after TB goes for 44 percent. BB sees everything and he might not have liked what he Saw.

Who knows.

Yeah who knows the mind of Belichick. Who knows whether he traded Bissett, oh that's right, we all do.

But in terms of the timing, I think the question's not whether we know the mind of Belichick, but whether Belichick knows the mind of Brady (if we must read the Tea Leaves).

Think of it as a motivational film.
"Hey Tom, I believe this is where you came in?"

If I understand correctly, we just played a game that ended around midnight and the VERY NEXT DAY we scouted FOUR QBs who had to come from likely four different places in states to likely be there first thing Friday morning. . . and this is SOMEHOW evidence that the Pats thought Brady sucked in that game and not A PREPLANNED EVENT???
[either BB invented a teleporter to instantly transport or a time machine to pre-invite]

Recent interview with Brisket in Indy said Pats like to scout their potential draftee Qbs together and run them through same football throws simultaneously to get a direct comparison. Why wouldn't they do same here with FAs?

Seems obvious they need a PS guy at least (roster guy if enough IRS) just to run scout team if nothing else.

Could we drop the TB angle and just discuss which of the four is the most Pats type player or best scout option (should they get someone who can really show the mobile qb option or more a thrower?)?

Seems obvious they need a PS guy at least (roster guy if enough IRS) just to run scout team if nothing else.
Yes

Do people really believe this fake news/baseless speculation?

Get a F*****g grip!
The majority of New England believes in fake news. So yes.

This forum is embarrassing right now with all the knee jerk reactions. Hopefully a win or two will help.

They are obviously trying out the QB's in advance of the Jimmy Garrapolo to the Rams for Aaron Donald deal.

Buy a plunger before you need a plunger. Pick out a #3 QB before you need a #3 QB. Same idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes