PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATS TRADE JAMIE COLLINS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE FRANCHISE TAG IS THERE FOR A REASON BILL!!!! @#@%$%$^$%^^&&*

What the hell. When he is on, he is dominant. We trade an unknown player who was drafted in the 2nd round and made into a superstar for a 3rd round pick?

I don't get it. But I got to have faith that Bill has some real good logic for this....

Did Belichick just outsmart himself? We have the team to win this year! Why get rid of him now while our depth at LB is thin? This makes no sense at all. And only a 3rd for a guy just entering his prime who many feel is one of the best in the game?

There must be something that went on behind the scenes. This just doesn't make any sense at all

Owen Daniels exposed him, let's face it.
He underperformed this year.
He's gone.
Sure, hes not playing like we all hoped for. But a 3rd?? A 3rd?? A 3rd? Really?

Agreed. Has to be something off the field or behind the scenes....
That would make me feel slightly calmed, but I cannot believe they only netted a third rounder for him. Even if Jaime has been inconsistent, when he is ON, he's ****ing ON and the best player on the field.

Ummm... wut?

giphy.gif

How on earth do you do this in a year where you are the clear and unquestioned favorite to win the SB?

Not a good move. You don't trade one of your best players if you're competing for a championship, especially for a Third round pick.

What the ****kkkkkkkk. To top it all off only a third rounder and have an extremely talented player wasted in cleveland.

Owen Daniels exposed him, let's face it.
He underperformed this year.
He's gone.
He started off like gangbusters.

In terms of the draft pick we got, I think its fair. But a player would have been nice.

Found it weird when 91 was trotting off the field at times and Roberts was in for him. Still, sucks losing him.

What the actual ****.

WHAT THE ****

WHAT THE **** GUYS

WHAT THE ****

Well, I guess Hightower is getting franchised.

I'm surprised they couldn't get at least a second for Collins. Even if they want to start Roberts over Collins, I'd rather hold onto Collins for injury protection and take the comp pick (likely a late third)...

Makes no sense...the 3rd will be top of the draft so almost a late second but that is only 1 round better than the compensatory pick we would have gotten had he walked. Not worth it half way through the season. So, it's either something off the field or we are getting another player back.

Either way, unless Collins has become a huge distraction and is not performing, not worth it!

They can send over Haden and Thomas anytime.
Haden would have been an interesting trade. I could definitely swallow it letting Collins go in that case,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes