PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats trade Jacoby Brissett to the Colts for Phillip Dorsett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorsett like Allen doesn't excite me, the one thing the Colts can do is put up passing/recieving numbers.

A lot of drops/bad routes but worth the trade for a guy who was probably getting cut.

The Colts wanted rid of Dorsett badly. Bill took a flyer.

This offense is gonna be FIERCE!!!
(Assuming; obviously, he picks up the playbook).

Elite 4.2-4.3 speed (Cooks & Dorsett)
Hogan, Money Mitch, Dola
Gronk, Allen
The RBs

Elite speed, KR/PR, YAC & able to come out of the backfield????? :D

We'll see if it works out. Love this move. Please pick up the damn playbook!

Last edited:
Not familiar with Dorsett is he a slot receiver?
No, guy is a pure deep threat. And not a good one, either. In 2 years in the league he has gathered 51 reception and 3 TDs

He is a good kick off returner, though.

Last edited:
I love this trade.

I don't love it enough to marry it, but I love it enough to move in with it and see how things go for a couple of years. I'd buy furniture with this trade.
Lmfao. I laughed pretty hard at this.

I've kinda grown attached to Jacoby, but my goodness. He's a 3rd string QB dealt for a talented WR/PR with three years of control. If Indy ends up having to play Brissett a lot this year, that's a very bad sign for them (and a very good sign for NE relative to the Colts). If Luck plays 16 games, then Jacoby never sees the field.

Wow. I didn't want them to move Jacoby but this is a pretty nice pickup for him.

In terms of the QB situation will this mean that Jimmy will be here in the long run?
One thing is clear.

Either TB12 or Jimmy won't be here in 2018.

Assumption Jimmy is renting

If you'd seen the Colts backups play at all in the pre season them wanting Brissett is no big surprise, some of the worst QB play in history.

I hope we can salvage Dorsett, then this would be the steal of a lifetime he could be a very good punt returner, not convinced about him as a WR yet.

Phillip Dorsett caught 33 passes for 528 yards and 2 TD last year. He also returned two punts. (Daniels)

Clever...sorts the punt return and he may be good now he isn't a Colt.

Wait, what the f***? Beyond the trade itself, this means the team has no third QB and their second string QB is a free agent next year. If Jimmy is gone then who the hell backs up TB12? Makes me think that they are either planning on extending him somehow.
The fact of the matter is, Brissett never was going to go anywhere with this team and probably won't be starting caliber anywhere else.

Same size as cooks. Still young. Didn't we see the same thing that happened with welker. In Miami he wasn't all that great until he got to New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes