PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Team Need: Defensive Leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, maybe not (need) this year but the time is at hand for Dillon, Pass and Faulk. Your dismissal of him is overstated.
Faulk and Dillon each have a year left. Faulk probably more than that. Maroney should be a #1, 20 carry a game RB. We can get a big RB to get 5-8 carries a game a lot cheaper than Leonard. We don't need him, he would be a luxury.

Faulk and Dillon each have a year left. Faulk probably more than that. Maroney should be a #1, 20 carry a game RB. We can get a big RB to get 5-8 carries a game a lot cheaper than Leonard. We don't need him, he would be a luxury.
I'm aging gracelessly and like my luxuries. :D Not that I expect him to be drafted by the Pats, but we all have our player dreams.

RB's get old faster than other players.

Along those lines, it wouldn't suprise me at all to see former Buffalo/Titan Chris Brown in Foxboro come training camp.

One thing Poz will do until he starts is play special teams. He was on the PSU punt team. And, I'm sure he would have covered kicks if asked. I've always thought he was a better fit in the 4-3 as a weakside olb. But, if BB thinks he can get up to 245-250 in a year. He'd be big enough to play in our system. Will be fun watching the draft unfold this year. PSU will have some interesting guys to watch; Levi Brown,Poz and T.Hunt. Watch for Tim Shaw at combine this week. They have him running a 4.65 forty. Some think he runs sub 4.5. Might be a great nickel linebacker. Can blitz and with some improved technique cover backs out of the backfield. Doesn't have the size to be an everydown lb. But, a guy like that has those skills would have helped our defense get off of the field on 3rd down.

I think Posluzny's best fit with the Patriots is as a developmental SS. I would expect teams that run the Tampa 2 to make him a target.

If you mean Brown the RB from Colorado, I'd be very cautious with him. He runs very upright and exposes a ton of chest as he runs. Those type guys usually have a life expectancy in the NFL of about ten plays.

If you mean Brown the RB from Colorado, I'd be very cautious with him. He runs very upright and exposes a ton of chest as he runs. Those type guys usually have a life expectancy in the NFL of about ten plays.

That's the guy. On the plus side, he's taken very few hits the last couple of years and should be cheap. He's a homeless man's Eddie George.

I can't help but notice how many tall,upright RBs there are in this year's draft class. They make me nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST