PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Sign TE Anthony Frisker

Solid NFL TE3 + true HB (block, catch & run) which is what you want in your 3rd TE.

Liked him at TEN in this role . hope he transitions better than Jonnu

funny ex TEN TE switcheroo: Jonnu to ATL, Firkser from ATL to NE

btw vet TE/HB signing was coming since they were at least one short.. but could also mean they were not too impressed by Lumpsky

Last edited:
Solid NFL TE3 + true HB (block, catch & run) which is what you want in your 3rd TE.

Liked him at TEN in this role . hope he transitions better than Jonnu

funny ex TEN TE switcheroo: Jonnu to ATL, Firkser from ATL to NE

btw vet TE/HB signing was coming since they were at least one short.. but could also mean they were not too impressed by Lumpsky

I thought he could've helped here last year too.

His mere presence now Automatically makes him the best blocking TE in the building.

Wonder if he's lined up at FB much.

Last edited:
Seems like good competition for TE3 with Sokol and Lumpkin. Scotty Washington is kind of a project H-back type guy.

I wonder if they plan on using him at FB. Maybe this is a bad comparison but I see a more athletic and receiving option then Develin. He will never block as well but he has the size to play the position and he looks like he can take hits.

And he can lineup at slot or help block on the line.

Last edited:
Stop moaning about his qualifications as the third TE, he’s more of a FB/H-Back at barely 6’2” and the only one on the roster.

His qualifications as a FB, he was a part time lead blocker in the three best rushing seasons of Derrick Henry’s career. He has decent mobility for his size and sure hands, so he can play a little in the passing game and even flex out to the slot.

He’s no lock to make the opening day roster, but could… or could latch onto the practice squad. If they decide to reintegrate the FB position, he could end up becoming a quality addition.

Last edited:
Seems like good competition for TE3 with Sokol and Lumpkin. Scotty Washington is kind of a project H-back type guy.
If Scotty Washington’s Patriot page is accurate and current, he’s weighing in at 247 pounds. He stands a legit 6’5” so assuming that weight is accurate he projects more as a traditional TE.

It will be interesting to see how he looks standing next to Henry and Gesicki. If he looks like a beanpole, then the Patriots were clearly inflating his weight. If not he could be an interesting player assuming health and might win that third TE spot. He’s a decent athlete with WR traits.

Last edited:
Wonder if he's lined up at FB much.

I wonder if they plan on using him at FB. Maybe this is a bad comparison but I see a more athletic and receiving option then Develin. He will never block as well but he has the size to play the position and he looks like he can take hits.

And he can lineup at slot or help block on the line.

I don't know either, but we sure could use somebody like that in the backfield now... Our lack of one of these Kyle Juszczyk-styled players was one of the main reasons I had doubts about our ability to transition to a Shanahan/49ers-type offense last season, and why I was hoping that Ben Mason would've been given a longer look here... or that Dalton Never Seen Keene would've worked out...

Pats trying to make up for signing wrong TE from Titans.

and the best blocking FB

some other interesting stats on that link:
career targets = 153
career catches = 115
career catch rate = 75.2 %
career drops = 5
career drop rate = 3.3 %

I don’t know but I feel like that drop rate indicates he could be a better receiver that his totals indicate.

715ad86ea1f1a3a6b85e78c250591ba0.png
2/3rd's of Jonnu Smith's career receptions and yards with one season less :rolleyes:

BOTTOM LINE
Frisker is a very inexpensive opportunity to secure someone to compete for a roster spot as a backup blocking TE/FB.

This is a kid who has 10 catches in the league since 2017 when he came into the league. He's camp fodder. I would have rather seen us bring in some XFL TE. On the plus side, he's from Harvard, so he'll know how to get to the stadium.

Well, at least one of them was kind of important ...

It'd help if we spelled his name correctly:) FIRKSER. Not Frisker.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back