PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Sign TE Anthony Frisker

BOTTOM LINE
Frisker is a very inexpensive opportunity to secure someone to compete for a roster spot as a backup blocking TE/FB.

A backup blocking TE/FB?

He’s currently our Only blocking TE/FB.

Well, at least one of them was kind of important ...

What really pisses me off about that play is that they send both McCourty & Harmon on that 2-gap 2-Safety blitz, only to leave that ****ing less than ****ing useless pile of ****ing rancid ****ing garbage Terry Brooks in coverage. Why THE **** wasn’t he sent to blitz instead?!? ****ing idiots.

Last edited:
6 days and a MOD still hasn't fixed Firkser's name in the title of the thread.... You all are slackin.. LOL

some other interesting stats on that link:
career targets = 153
career catches = 115
career catch rate = 75.2 %
career drops = 5
career drop rate = 3.3 %

I don’t know but I feel like that drop rate indicates he could be a better receiver that his totals indicate.

I think it could also be an indicator that he wasn't catching very difficult balls. Chances are he's one of those guys the defense isn't going to dedicate a good cover guy too, because he usually in there to block. So his targets are dump offs for when the better options are covered and Firkser has been left alone in the flat. Similar to what James Develin used to catch (though at a seemingly higher volume during his best years).

This guy can go Firk himself.
His career highlight is against us Grandma could ran that route and make that catch against our weak middle. :)

Last edited:
Hopefully a little less athletic and little brighter. If he does not run into Henry that would be a good start.
Please don’t cap his athleticism. I’d be okay if he is both more athletic and brighter…

His career highlight is against us Grandma could ran that route and make that catch against our weak middle. :)

That’s the maddening thing: it wasn’t executed vs our weak middle but vs our secondary which blitzed our two best damn coverage Safeties and left the execrable Terry Brooks one on one with Firkser, with predictable, season-ending results.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back